_GOTOBOTTOM
Cold War (1950-1974)
Discuss the aircraft modeling subjects during the Cold War period.
Hosted by Tim Hatton
1/48 KP Su-17M4R
Jessie_C
_VISITCOMMUNITY
British Columbia, Canada
KitMaker: 6,965 posts
AeroScale: 6,247 posts
Posted: Sunday, February 05, 2012 - 04:34 PM UTC
It's so delightful to see superdetailing done without reliance on a wallet full of aftermarket. Would you consider doing a feature article? I think your build is worthy of a place of honour on our front page.
IronMark
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 71 posts
AeroScale: 69 posts
Posted: Monday, February 06, 2012 - 12:43 PM UTC
Hi Jessie,

Thank you for the kind words. It would be an honor to compile a feature article on the model. Let me know what I need to do and I will take care of the rest.

Very Best Regards,
Mark
Jessie_C
_VISITCOMMUNITY
British Columbia, Canada
KitMaker: 6,965 posts
AeroScale: 6,247 posts
Posted: Monday, February 06, 2012 - 01:20 PM UTC
It's very simple. Write up your text in a word processor. Most of it's already done in your individual posts in this thread.

A typical feature has a few paragraphs on the history of the aircraft (or more if it's a particular one you're portraying) then a paragraph or two to describe the kit, and then a description of the build, any fancy techniques, aftermarket or special tricks you used. If you look back through previous features you can see how other people arranged their articles.

Photos to accompany the article ideally should be no larger than 800 X 600 (but we can resize them if you have difficulty with that). Put them in a zip file and then e-mail the whole lot to one of the editors. We'll handle making everything look pretty.

Writing features is addictive though. You may find you can't stop at just one... We like that in a modeller
IronMark
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 71 posts
AeroScale: 69 posts
Posted: Friday, February 10, 2012 - 01:11 PM UTC
At this time I am (finally) considering the project complete. KP's mold-makers have successfully captured the rugged good looks of the Su-17 and, for the aficionado of Russian tactical aircraft, it makes a fine addition to the collection.

Let's start with an overhead view:

A close-up of the completed cockpit:

And finally, a shot of the recce pod:

I appreciate your interest and wish you good modeling!!
Mark
 _GOTOTOP