_GOTOBOTTOM
General Aircraft: Contests
A monthly online photo contest. Show your work!
Model of the Month (MOM) February contest
Holdfast
Staff MemberPresident
IPMS-UK KITMAKER BRANCH
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - South West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 8,581 posts
AeroScale: 4,913 posts
Posted: Tuesday, February 01, 2011 - 06:23 AM UTC
Post your 3 pictures for the January Model of the Month competition HERE.
Post your, single, picture for voting purposes HERE
Rules for the new Model of the Month. Please read before posting

1. Entries must be of your own work.
2. The model must be of an aircraft.
3. The model can be in any scale and in any medium.
4. The model can be “out of the box”, scratch built, or anything in between.
5. The model must be finished within the month for which it is entered. The model could have been started some time before the MOM for which it is entered, it is the month in which it is actually finished that counts. So if it isn't finished this month it may be ready for next month or the month after
6. 1 picture is to be uploaded into the relevant gallery and titled with what the model is of, I.E. VS Spitfire Mk Vc. No composites. This picture must be of just the model, no base. (For a model posed in the "in Flight" configuration" a small stand is allowed which can be used to either support the model or as a counter weight. A beaching dolly can be used for a float plane. A model of a crashed aircraft on a simple base is allowed. This, simple, base can only be of groundwork, no vehicles, trees, fences etc or figures are allowed, but items off the aircraft are (such as wheels).
7. A thread will be opened in the general aircraft forum in which you MUST add up to 3 further pictures and you MAY add details about the build. The model can appear on a base or even in a diorama in this thread. Pictures must not be larger than 800 pixels wide, in either the gallery or the information thread. If you wish to post further pictures then open your own thread.
8. Pictures of models can be placed in the gallery from the first of the month until the penultimate day of the month (the next to last day) (see “5” above). (This is to avoid the time zone difference, I'm working on GMT)
9. Voting will take place over the first half of the next month, closing on the 16th. (This will be between 18.00 and 00.01 GMT)
10. A member winning one month cannot win the following month.
11. Dragon is sponsoring this from June 2007.
12. Staff members of the Kitmaker group of sites cannot enter.
13. The rules will be added to when and if it is deemed necessary.
14. Any none compliance with these rules may result in disqualification.
15. Ignorance of these rules is not an excuse for not abiding by them.
lespauljames
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - South West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 3,661 posts
AeroScale: 369 posts
Posted: Tuesday, February 08, 2011 - 02:00 AM UTC
Hey all, Havent really done MOM on Aeroscale before eh. here my spit. if i read the rules correctly here are three pictures and a little build explanation.

This is the ICm kit no 48071. painted in humbrol enamels, Sprayed the grays and painted by hand the green, finished off with an oil wash.
first completed aircraft kit in a while. kit was fairly simple to build, no gaps or anything.
i hope you enjoy it as much as i did making it
lpj out.
AussieReg
Staff MemberAssociate Editor
AUTOMODELER
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Victoria, Australia
KitMaker: 8,156 posts
AeroScale: 3,756 posts
Posted: Thursday, February 10, 2011 - 12:54 AM UTC
Here's my entry for Feb 2011 MoM

This is the Italeri 1/72 S.79 III, built OOB with Gunze and Tamiya acrylics, and "Invisible Thread" used for the antenna wires and rigging.

Good luck to all entrants for Feb, I hope we get the same quality and quantity that January produced.

James, great job on the Spitfire mate. Those ICM kits are real little gems.

Cheers, D
plastickjunkie
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 399 posts
AeroScale: 132 posts
Posted: Thursday, February 10, 2011 - 06:30 AM UTC
Hasegawa 1/48 Phantom done OOB, painted with MM enamels and given washes of water color paints in the gear wells and panel lines.

SUNDON
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - South East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 158 posts
AeroScale: 155 posts
Posted: Wednesday, February 23, 2011 - 11:10 PM UTC
This is my Accurate Minatures 1/48 SDB-3 Dauntless.

I built this for the Anti-Shipping Campaign and was built OOB with the addition of some home made harnesses and a antenna. Painted using mostly tamiya acrylics with a light oil paint wash for weathering.

Thanks and good luck to everone.

Martin
emroglan
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Istanbul, Turkey / Türkçe
KitMaker: 1,163 posts
AeroScale: 255 posts
Posted: Thursday, February 24, 2011 - 10:16 PM UTC
Hello all,

I'll be joining with my Hasegawa's 1/72 scale A-1H Skyraider that I recently completed for the CAS Campaign. Painted with Gunze Acyrlics. I used Eduard's photo-etched set for the cockpit and Superscale decals. More WIP and final photos can be found in the campaign build topic.

Nice entries this month, good luck!
This post was removed.
OEFFAG_153
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Västra Götaland, Sweden
KitMaker: 1,473 posts
AeroScale: 1,450 posts
Posted: Sunday, February 27, 2011 - 05:44 AM UTC
Hi All

This is my Roden DH 2 in 1:32 that I finished last week. I made up to as "6011 of 24 sqn June/July 1916, just in time for the battle of the Somme.

I did a total rework of the interior, scratchbuilding the frame, and adding some etch from Eduard together with my own bits and pieces. As you can see I opted for a cutaway side on one of the sides to show off a bit more of the interior. The other side was covered with leadfoil, to simulate wrinkled doped linnen. The wicker chair is an aftermarket item from Pheon.

Rigging was done with 0,15 mm fishing line and "bobs buckles", which proved to be a lot of work, but not too difficult

Good luck everyone – some very nice looking models here

Best Regards

Mikael
Stevef4u
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Oregon, United States
KitMaker: 5 posts
AeroScale: 3 posts
Posted: Sunday, February 27, 2011 - 10:47 AM UTC

Stevef4u
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Oregon, United States
KitMaker: 5 posts
AeroScale: 3 posts
Posted: Sunday, February 27, 2011 - 10:58 AM UTC
This is Trumpeters 1:144 TU-95MS Bear H. I used 5 shades of Alclad and a bunch of Tamiya tape. I have over 175 hours in this project. Way to much for the size of the model. It took 228 pieces of tape just to paint the props and I am still not satisfied. It is a "give away" so that is why it is on a stand. Lots of nice models in the contest this month!
caanbash
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Ankara, Turkey / Türkçe
KitMaker: 1,093 posts
AeroScale: 50 posts
Posted: Monday, February 28, 2011 - 07:02 PM UTC
Hi all,

This is my entry for MOM February 2011, Accurate Miniatures 1/48 P-51 (F-6A) Mustang. Very good kit, nice details, especially in the cockpit. Built almost OOB, this one is fun to build. Added Eduard seatbelts, break lines, Kodak K-24 camera to the rear of the cockpit, replaced the port rear window with bulged plexiglass scratchbuilt with crash molding technique, replaced gunsight with clear sheet, replaced the propeller. The patches on the sides of the cockpit and the vertical stabilizer are gas detection patches. I hope you like my model.

Cagin
 _GOTOTOP