_GOTOBOTTOM
Early Aviation
Discuss World War I and the early years of aviation thru 1934.
Roden's Nieu. 24bis 1:72
thegirl
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Alberta, Canada
KitMaker: 6,743 posts
AeroScale: 6,151 posts
Posted: Sunday, July 03, 2011 - 10:21 AM UTC

Main wings are now rigged , had to go with a different method . The tool I use for making my wire hoops has been missed placed . Don't worry though I have sent out the search party .

I opt for going though the wing . Small holes I drilled only half way on the top underside . Gluing in the webbing of rigging line ( smoked invisible thread ) . Two turn buckle selves were added to each line . Two small holes where then drill next to the struts . The top wing was mounted and the lines pass through the lower wing , pulled tight and fixed with super . When dry this was trimmed flush with the surface and holes file with tamiya putty wipe away with acetone .
This work out rather well for only needing to fill holes on the lower wing . A few paint touch ups and some weathering will finsh this stage off . Next comes the rudder .
Removed by original poster on 07/09/11 - 00:19:21 (GMT).
Removed by original poster on 07/09/11 - 00:28:54 (GMT).
thegirl
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Alberta, Canada
Posted: Friday, July 08, 2011 - 01:48 PM UTC
Sorry about that folks , seem to be having trouble with the gallery and can never remember how do it here , I'm okay now got it work out .....

She is finished !

This little guy was a joy to build . Very little filling needed to be done making the assembly easy . The cockpit is short on the detail and soft in areas , but it builds up nice with a few items added .

Thanks Stephen and Roden !
mtnflyer
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Alberta, Canada
KitMaker: 394 posts
AeroScale: 360 posts
Posted: Friday, July 08, 2011 - 03:13 PM UTC
You did a fine job, Terri, on what must be a tiny plane. Personaly, I'm a little chicken to try this scale, but you seem to excel at whatever you try. Very well done. I look forward to more of your wonderful posts.
guitarlute101
_VISITCOMMUNITY
West Virginia, United States
KitMaker: 1,121 posts
AeroScale: 1,063 posts
Posted: Friday, July 08, 2011 - 11:48 PM UTC

Great job Terri!!!
B24Liberator
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Minnesota, United States
KitMaker: 134 posts
AeroScale: 113 posts
Posted: Saturday, July 09, 2011 - 12:47 AM UTC
Hello Terri --

It's great to come back after finishing up school to find you did a good job completing the N-24. Can you explain in greater detail on how you did the turnbuckles? I spotted something regarding Q-tips but am still mystified. I know you usually build a/c in larger scales, but any plans to do another 1/72?

~ Johannes
thegirl
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Alberta, Canada
Posted: Saturday, July 09, 2011 - 04:09 AM UTC
Thank-you Guy for the comment . I'm rather embarrassed that there is a cat hair and I missed touch ups on the rudder !

Thank-you Mark and thank-you for helping out

Hello Johannes !
Yes the fearful q-tip .........I use streched q-tips just like if you are doing it with spuce . I have a right up here on how I do it .
http://aeroscale.kitmaker.net//features/2740

I a healthy stash of 72 scale , have Eduards Fokker Dr.1 on the go right now where I'm scratching the cockpit framing and other items . Just don't care for that flat framing PE parts in the kit .
 _GOTOTOP