_GOTOBOTTOM
Cold War (1950-1974)
Discuss the aircraft modeling subjects during the Cold War period.
Hosted by Tim Hatton
FEATURE
A-1J Skyraider
betheyn
Staff MemberSenior Editor
AEROSCALE
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - South East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 4,560 posts
AeroScale: 2,225 posts
Posted: Friday, May 20, 2011 - 11:30 PM UTC
Marc Toillié (Mark58) has sent in some great pictures of his 1/48 scale Tamiya A-1J Skyraider, depicted on a variety of his bases.

Link to Item

If you have comments or questions please post them here.

Thanks!
BlackWidow
_VISITCOMMUNITY
European Union
KitMaker: 1,732 posts
AeroScale: 1,336 posts
Posted: Saturday, May 21, 2011 - 10:46 AM UTC
As I've told you earlier, that's really a fine built of the "Iron Beast", Marc! Congrats for that! Hope to see it live somewhere this year.

Happy modelling
Torsten
Siderius
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Tennessee, United States
KitMaker: 1,747 posts
AeroScale: 1,673 posts
Posted: Sunday, May 22, 2011 - 08:42 AM UTC
Marc, a superb job on the Skyraider! I've thought of building one myself someday, I hope it can approach the job you did on yours. Thank you so much for sharing it with us. Russell
mark58
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Bas-Rhin, France
KitMaker: 4 posts
AeroScale: 3 posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 24, 2011 - 05:34 AM UTC

Quoted Text

As I've told you earlier, that's really a fine built of the "Iron Beast", Marc! Congrats for that! Hope to see it live somewhere this year.

Happy modelling
Torsten

Hi Torsten
Thanks for congrats
No doubt that we'll find an opportunity to meet, this Sandy looks fine, and some more SEA projects under way, some new stuf to show then.

Marc
mark58
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Bas-Rhin, France
KitMaker: 4 posts
AeroScale: 3 posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 24, 2011 - 05:46 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Marc, a superb job on the Skyraider! I've thought of building one myself someday, I hope it can approach the job you did on yours. Thank you so much for sharing it with us. Russell

Hi Russell
I would just encourage you to build one.The Tamiya kit is excellent out of the box and easy to assemble. The paint job requires some skills but nothing that the average modeller could not handle. It takes some time and patience to cut out masks conforming to the pattern and to aply them properly. The news we get from Tennessee at the moment are not so good due to Mississipi river waters beeing to high. Hope that everything is fine at the place you live.
Marc
 _GOTOTOP