_GOTOBOTTOM
General Aircraft: Contests
A monthly online photo contest. Show your work!
Model of the Month (MOM) June Contest
Holdfast
Staff MemberPresident
IPMS-UK KITMAKER BRANCH
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - South West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 8,581 posts
AeroScale: 4,913 posts
Posted: Friday, June 03, 2011 - 09:11 PM UTC
Post your 3 pictures for the June Model of the Month competition HERE.
Post your, single, picture for voting purposes HERE
Rules for the new Model of the Month. Please read before posting
1. Entries must be of your own work.
2. The model must be of an aircraft.
3. The model can be in any scale and in any medium.
4. The model can be “out of the box”, scratch built, or anything in between.
5. The model must be finished within the month for which it is entered. The model could have been started some time before the MOM for which it is entered, it is the month in which it is actually finished that counts. So if it isn't finished this month it may be ready for next month or the month after
6. 1 picture is to be uploaded into the relevant gallery and titled with what the model is of, I.E. VS Spitfire Mk Vc. No composites. This picture must be of just the model, no base. (For a model posed in the "in Flight" configuration" a small stand is allowed which can be used to either support the model or as a counter weight. A beaching dolly can be used for a float plane. A model of a crashed aircraft on a simple base is allowed. This, simple, base can only be of groundwork, no vehicles, trees, fences etc or figures are allowed, but items off the aircraft are (such as wheels).
7. A thread will be opened in the general aircraft forum in which you MUST add up to 3 further pictures and you MAY add details about the build. The model can appear on a base or even in a diorama in this thread. Pictures must not be larger than 800 pixels wide, in either the gallery or the information thread. If you wish to post further pictures then open your own thread.
8. Pictures of models can be placed in the gallery from the first of the month until the penultimate day of the month (the next to last day) (see “5” above). (This is to avoid the time zone difference, I'm working on GMT)
9. Voting will take place over the first half of the next month, closing on the 16th. (This will be between 18.00 and 00.01 GMT)
10. A member winning one month cannot win the following month.
11. Dragon is sponsoring this from June 2007.
12. Staff members of the Kitmaker group of sites cannot enter.
13. The rules will be added to when and if it is deemed necessary.
14. Any none compliance with these rules may result in disqualification.
15. Ignorance of these rules is not an excuse for not abiding by them.
SellSword
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Indiana, United States
KitMaker: 167 posts
AeroScale: 141 posts
Posted: Wednesday, June 15, 2011 - 02:05 PM UTC

Hi there guys! This is my 1/144 Bf109F-4. It's made by Sweet and there are 2 planes in the kit for about 16$ I just got back into the hobby last year and have been building 1/48 kits for the most part. This is my second build in 1/144 scale and I have to say it's quite enjoyable and a bit more challenging than I expected. It took nearly a month to build and I put a lot of thought into the process of finishing it. The kit went together well with minor sanding and filling. It is finished with Model Master Acryls and represents the plane of Lt. Hermann Graf 9./JG52 in May of 1942.

Thanks for having a look and I hope you like what you see!

Ray
flyboy92187
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Wisconsin, United States
KitMaker: 199 posts
AeroScale: 150 posts
Posted: Friday, June 17, 2011 - 05:58 AM UTC
This is the 1/72 Hasegawa SBD-5 Dauntless, painted and decalled in her Lexington II Colors. She is strait out of the box. It was a pretty straitforward build.

cetinsarf
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Ankara, Turkey / Türkçe
KitMaker: 93 posts
AeroScale: 37 posts
Posted: Monday, June 20, 2011 - 10:45 AM UTC
Hi, this is my 1/144 Eduard Me 262 B-1a/U1 of 10./NJG11 (Schleswig, May 1945). This is a nice kit for all of the modellers of this scale. Sometimes it was a little bit challenging. Especially the antennas and camo... =) See you

JPTRR
Staff MemberManaging Editor
RAILROAD MODELING
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Tennessee, United States
KitMaker: 7,772 posts
AeroScale: 3,175 posts
Posted: Wednesday, June 22, 2011 - 11:58 AM UTC
Looking good so far! I await more.
pbhawkin
_VISITCOMMUNITY
New South Wales, Australia
KitMaker: 179 posts
AeroScale: 170 posts
Posted: Thursday, June 23, 2011 - 10:56 AM UTC
As it seems to ba a bit of a 1/144 month, here is my entry.
It is another of my conversions of the F-toys 1/144 Ju88. I have replaced the whole nose section including home made canopy. Added the Fug220SN and Fug202BC aerials (made from laser-cut card that I had made up) and re-painted it overall RLM76 with RLM75 patches using a mask.

emroglan
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Istanbul, Turkey / Türkçe
KitMaker: 1,163 posts
AeroScale: 255 posts
Posted: Thursday, June 23, 2011 - 09:12 PM UTC
Wow, seems to be an invasion by 1/144 scale kits this month. Here's a 1/48 scale to counterbalance them

Here is Hasegawa's 1/48 scale Canadair Mk 5 Sabre kit. To anyone who's thinking of building this kit, be careful. The Canadian roundels have the wrong style maple leaf (I had to use them as I had no replacement decals). One scoop must be removed, this is not mentioned in the instructions (I realized this too late). Worse still, Hasegawa instructions tell you to paint the under surfaces as Light Aircraft Grey. That color was actually used on British Sabres, you must use PRU Blue for Canadian aircraft! I had to repaint the entire under surfaces.

Mecenas
KitMaker: 1,596 posts
AeroScale: 1,275 posts
Posted: Thursday, June 23, 2011 - 10:23 PM UTC
At last I think I can join the competition. This is my first model since the long time that keeps the standard of Aeroscale builds. The build took me few years, but most of the time were breaks. Full progress can be seen in my buildblog Operation "Salvage".

The kit is 1:72 scale P-51B Mustang III from Revell and represents the 112Sqn plane in Italy, 1944. Painted with Tamiya acrylics. For the finishing effect I used the Vallejo black wash, dry pastels chalk and the matt varnish (in a very thin layer which gave a nice not-100%-matt finish). Here are the pictures.

mrobeson
_VISITCOMMUNITY
California, United States
KitMaker: 109 posts
AeroScale: 107 posts
Posted: Monday, June 27, 2011 - 11:38 AM UTC
Hey everybody. I think I can finally enter one of these. I just finished up a Hasegawa 1/32 Ki-61 Tony last week, fully outfitted with the Eduard "Big ed" photo-etch set. Had tons of fun with this build, and I hope you all enjoy it.

Thanks everybody.

Matt
warreni
_VISITCOMMUNITY
South Australia, Australia
KitMaker: 5,926 posts
AeroScale: 2,201 posts
Posted: Tuesday, June 28, 2011 - 10:47 PM UTC
Hello everyone.
Here is my first entry in the MOM for June. I have only ever entered once before and thought I might have another go.

The double control cables going back to the empennage where a bit of a chore, but no real problems with the big Brisfit.
Thanks for looking.

warreni
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Posted: Tuesday, June 28, 2011 - 10:50 PM UTC
Number two! WNW's 1/32 Albatross D.V with the famous Edelweiss markings, but I can't remember whose they were... Getting old..

OK. N real problems with this lovely kit, except I did want to do the black and white fuselage scheme but stuffed it up! This one is fine though don't you think?
Cheers!
Warren
warreni
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Posted: Tuesday, June 28, 2011 - 10:54 PM UTC
Number three...
WNW's 1/32 Sopwith Pup RFC.

Again, no real troubles with the kit.
Thanks for looking,
Warren
warreni
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Posted: Tuesday, June 28, 2011 - 10:57 PM UTC
And finally, number four.. well for the moment. This is WNW's 1/32 Albatross D.Va. Struts gave a little trouble with this one but the wood effect came out pretty well.

That's it for now.
Thanks for looking.
flyboy92187
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Wisconsin, United States
KitMaker: 199 posts
AeroScale: 150 posts
Posted: Wednesday, June 29, 2011 - 07:46 AM UTC
Here is one other one that I completed this month for the Midway Campaign. It is a 1/72 Hasegawa Kate. It is strait out of the box, and painted in Tamiya acrylics.

shivadog
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Warszawa, Poland
KitMaker: 42 posts
AeroScale: 41 posts
Posted: Wednesday, June 29, 2011 - 11:27 AM UTC
Hi,

here is my contribution to MoM in June.
This is Hasegawa 1:32 Bf 109G-4 done in 150° Gruppo Caccia Terrestre 365a Squadriglia
markings which i just finished.
Full progress You can see at aeroscale forum
Model painted with Lifecolor acrylics. I plan to build soon a base for landscape pictures for this plane.

atoplu
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 753 posts
AeroScale: 174 posts
Posted: Wednesday, June 29, 2011 - 11:45 AM UTC
Here is my entry for june MOM. This is HobbyBoss Ta-152C in 48 scale. This is great, i recommended everyone.
It is painted gunze acrylics.

_GOTOTOP