_GOTOBOTTOM
World War II
Discuss WWII and the era directly before and after the war from 1935-1949.
Hosted by Rowan Baylis
Revell PV-1 Ventura
mrobeson
_VISITCOMMUNITY
California, United States
KitMaker: 109 posts
AeroScale: 107 posts
Posted: Friday, June 17, 2011 - 04:44 PM UTC
Hey guys. Does anyone have any info on the promised 1/48 Revell Ventura? It was announced awhile ago, and I'd really like to see it come out, especially if it's to the standard that recent Revell kits have been at. It's up for pre-order on Great Models, but with no set release date.

Thanks everybody for any info you may have

Matt
mrobeson
_VISITCOMMUNITY
California, United States
KitMaker: 109 posts
AeroScale: 107 posts
Posted: Sunday, June 19, 2011 - 10:52 AM UTC
Is there anything? Anything from the rumor mill out there? I'm really excited for this release, and really want to know if anybody knows anything about it.

Matt
bf443
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Idaho, United States
KitMaker: 895 posts
AeroScale: 457 posts
Posted: Tuesday, June 28, 2011 - 03:11 PM UTC
Greetings Matt,

No, there's been nothing new about the kit since it was announced. The only hard info. is the price. Retail is $32.95 (US Funds) . My best "guess" is around Christmas. As soon as I hear anything reliable I'll be sure to pass it on. Here is the direct link to the kit from JAC Hobbies http://www.jachobbies.com/product.sc?productId=876&categoryId=24

All the best,
Brian Fendley
JAC Hobbies
bf443
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Idaho, United States
KitMaker: 895 posts
AeroScale: 457 posts
Posted: Wednesday, August 10, 2011 - 11:35 AM UTC
Greetings Matthew,

The kit was finally revealed at the IPMS National the past weekend (I was not present). It promises to be nice balance between detail and cost something fewer kits seem to accomplish these days. Some of the kit features are recessed panel lines, detailed cockpit, gun turret, bomb bay w/bombs, landing gear and wheel wells. The nose section is a separate part which suggests the earlier glass nosed version may be a possibility. Revell has still not posted a thing about it on their website which I find odd.

I suspect Zotz decals will be re-printing their previous Ventura sheet which covered Pacific based Venturas. Estimated release date for Ventura kit between Nov-Dec. (probably soon after Thanksgiving).

Ventura's were also used in the Atlantic so there is a variety of paint and marking options if one is creative. The Opsrey book PV Ventura and Harpoon Units of WWII has some good photos and stories as well as the discontinued but still available Squadron picture book.

All the best,
Brian Fendley
JAC Hobbies
GastonMarty
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Quebec, Canada
KitMaker: 595 posts
AeroScale: 507 posts
Posted: Wednesday, August 10, 2011 - 03:02 PM UTC

Accuracy of the nose and clear parts looks very impressive. Rear profile seems not bad, but the cross-section of the bottom rear fuselage behind the wings will need to be looked at: Not a super-visible area in any case...

Fit of the test shots, by someone involved with the production, indiate a very good fit:

Norris Graser
(Login judgegrapner)
HyperScale Forums
24.13.196.187 It IS nice... August 8 2011, 9:09 PM

I've assembled two test shots of this model over the past several months.

The fit is very good. Wing to wing root fit is about perfect. The twin tails to fuselage and the fuslage piece that holds the aft turret- all press fit and blends perfectly with the fuselage. Heck even the turret glass is press fit.

And.. it's not a rivet magnet.
Norris

http://www.network54.com/Forum/149674/thread/1312845807/No+buzz+about+the+new+1-48+Revell+PV-1-

Can't wait to see it... And not another obscure German/Japanese recon type for a change...

Gaston

Merlin
Staff MemberSenior Editor
AEROSCALE
_VISITCOMMUNITY
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 17,582 posts
AeroScale: 12,795 posts
Posted: Wednesday, August 10, 2011 - 07:59 PM UTC
Hi there

I think it's safe to say this release has spelled doom for my old FM kit!

All the best

Rowan
scvrobeson
_VISITCOMMUNITY
United States
KitMaker: 65 posts
AeroScale: 44 posts
Posted: Saturday, August 13, 2011 - 08:58 AM UTC
Well, Rowan, if you're going to get rid of it, I'd be more than happy to take it off your hands. Do a comparison, and I do always love the challenging builds.

Matt
 _GOTOTOP