_GOTOBOTTOM
General Aircraft: Contests
A monthly online photo contest. Show your work!
Model of the Month (MOM) July Contest.
Holdfast
Staff MemberPresident
IPMS-UK KITMAKER BRANCH
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - South West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 8,581 posts
AeroScale: 4,913 posts
Posted: Wednesday, July 06, 2011 - 07:04 AM UTC
Post your 3 pictures for the June Model of the Month competition HERE.
Post your, single, picture for voting purposes HERE
Rules for the new Model of the Month. Please read before posting
1. Entries must be of your own work.
2. The model must be of an aircraft.
3. The model can be in any scale and in any medium.
4. The model can be “out of the box”, scratch built, or anything in between.
5. The model must be finished within the month for which it is entered. The model could have been started some time before the MOM for which it is entered, it is the month in which it is actually finished that counts. So if it isn't finished this month it may be ready for next month or the month after
6. 1 picture is to be uploaded into the relevant gallery and titled with what the model is of, I.E. VS Spitfire Mk Vc. No composites. This picture must be of just the model, no base. (For a model posed in the "in Flight" configuration" a small stand is allowed which can be used to either support the model or as a counter weight. A beaching dolly can be used for a float plane. A model of a crashed aircraft on a simple base is allowed. This, simple, base can only be of groundwork, no vehicles, trees, fences etc or figures are allowed, but items off the aircraft are (such as wheels).
7. A thread will be opened in the general aircraft forum in which you MUST add up to 3 further pictures and you MAY add details about the build. The model can appear on a base or even in a diorama in this thread. Pictures must not be larger than 800 pixels wide, in either the gallery or the information thread. If you wish to post further pictures then open your own thread.
8. Pictures of models can be placed in the gallery from the first of the month until the penultimate day of the month (the next to last day) (see “5” above). (This is to avoid the time zone difference, I'm working on GMT)
9. Voting will take place over the first half of the next month, closing on the 16th. (This will be between 18.00 and 00.01 GMT)
10. A member winning one month cannot win the following month.
11. Dragon is sponsoring this from June 2007.
12. Staff members of the Kitmaker group of sites cannot enter.
13. The rules will be added to when and if it is deemed necessary.
14. Any none compliance with these rules may result in disqualification.
15. Ignorance of these rules is not an excuse for not abiding by them.
SUNDON
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - South East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 158 posts
AeroScale: 155 posts
Posted: Sunday, July 10, 2011 - 08:31 PM UTC
This is my 1/48 Eduard BF110E built for the "Zerstorer!" Campaign

Built OOB from the Weekend boxing with the addition of some seatbelts from the spares box and antenas from fishing line.

Good luck to everyone who enters this month.

Martin
vulkanizer
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Croatia Hrvatska
KitMaker: 144 posts
AeroScale: 109 posts
Posted: Tuesday, July 12, 2011 - 11:04 AM UTC
Hi all.Here's my entry for MOM for July. Ansaldo I.S.V.A ,basicly Smer 1 / 50, but 70% scratchbuild.
More about this here http://aeroscale.kitmaker.net/forums/174010&page=1

Good luck to all
vulkanizer
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Croatia Hrvatska
KitMaker: 144 posts
AeroScale: 109 posts
Posted: Sunday, July 24, 2011 - 09:03 AM UTC
Only two of us? Where is the rest of the gang, I know that this month are finished few great models on Aeroscale
flyboy92187
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Wisconsin, United States
KitMaker: 199 posts
AeroScale: 150 posts
Posted: Monday, July 25, 2011 - 11:42 AM UTC
Here is my tamiya 1/48 MkI Spitfire. That 110 needed an adversary! I built this up out of box, and painted as directed with tamiya paints. Weathering was kept to a minimum, and was courtesy of a simple wash.

Jessie_C
_VISITCOMMUNITY
British Columbia, Canada
KitMaker: 6,965 posts
AeroScale: 6,247 posts
Posted: Thursday, July 28, 2011 - 09:56 AM UTC
The Bristol Brabazon, built for the wrong reasons, for a market that had ceased to exist, with the wrong engines and the wrong aerodynamics, yet it still managed to be impressive and its legacy lived until Concorde ceased flying in 2003. It's earned its place in history.

windysean
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Wisconsin, United States
KitMaker: 1,917 posts
AeroScale: 563 posts
Posted: Thursday, July 28, 2011 - 03:08 PM UTC
Ah, what the heck. The competition is REALLY good, but I'll throw my hat into the ring!
FinalFront-20110708-1713.jpg
HH52A final2
FinalStarboard-20110708-1712.jpg
This started life as an MPC 1/72 scale British Sea King with special Falklands stickers on the box, which was current when I bought the kit. I shortened the fuselage; scratchbuilt the engine housing, rotor head, and tail plane; and buffed out and rescribed the windshield. The decals are modified from a Microscale set of Coast Guard aircraft that didn't include the HH52A.
Thanks for looking!
-Sean H.
cetinsarf
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Ankara, Turkey / Türkçe
KitMaker: 93 posts
AeroScale: 37 posts
Posted: Saturday, July 30, 2011 - 02:39 AM UTC
Hi buddies,

This is my U-17 (Monogram - Cessna 180 conversion - 1/41).
You can find whole built-up story HERE if you like: Good luck...

Mecenas
KitMaker: 1,596 posts
AeroScale: 1,275 posts
Posted: Saturday, July 30, 2011 - 09:10 PM UTC
I almost forgot about the contest. Anyway, I managed to finish one of my models in July so i take a chance in the contest

This is my Sopwith Camel F.1, Eduard 1/48 scale kit. It represents the only Camel in the Polish Air Force which belonged to the 7th "Kościuszko" Fighter Squadron - an American volunteer fighter pilots squardon formed by Cedric Fauntleroy and Merian Cooper for the Polish-Russian war in 1919-1920.

AussieReg
Staff MemberAssociate Editor
AUTOMODELER
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Victoria, Australia
KitMaker: 8,156 posts
AeroScale: 3,756 posts
Posted: Saturday, July 30, 2011 - 09:36 PM UTC
As Sean said "what the heck !"

I'll join the fray and throw my venerable old Monogram 1/48 Voodoo up against yat another collection of awesome builds. I picked this one up cheap at a swap meet, missing decals and some small parts, and put it together for the Century Series Campaign (just scraped in before it finished ). The paints are Gunze and Tamiya acrylics, the decals from Eagle Strike Productions and they performed beautifully.

Cheers, and good luck to all the entries this month, D
 _GOTOTOP