_GOTOBOTTOM
Cold War (1950-1974)
Discuss the aircraft modeling subjects during the Cold War period.
Hosted by Tim Hatton
REVIEW
1:72 Dassault Ouragan
Merlin
Staff MemberSenior Editor
AEROSCALE
_VISITCOMMUNITY
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 17,582 posts
AeroScale: 12,795 posts
Posted: Wednesday, July 20, 2011 - 05:22 AM UTC
Here's a look at Valom's attractive limited-run mixed media kit of the classic French postwar jet fighter.

Link to Item

If you have comments or questions please post them here.

Thanks!
helterskelter
_VISITCOMMUNITY
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 11 posts
AeroScale: 10 posts
Posted: Wednesday, July 20, 2011 - 11:02 AM UTC
At last something new rather than the hordes of airliner kits. I do think it's a bit much putting the airliners, some of which are not available, in the 'new Kits ' section. What with those and the dribble Gaston is spouting, what is happening to this excellent site.
H.
SHarjacek
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Croatia Hrvatska
KitMaker: 977 posts
AeroScale: 263 posts
Posted: Thursday, July 21, 2011 - 12:29 PM UTC
Very Nice review!
Thanks to Valom for making this kit,i always wanted to build a Israeli one.
The kit seems to be nice for the scale,with the Super Mystere from Az models,just waiting for someone to make a new Mystere IV to make this amazing trio of French fighters.
Anyways if someone is interested in doing a Israeli one i recommend the Isradecal book covering it,its amazing!

Again,Rowan thanks for this review!
Jessie_C
_VISITCOMMUNITY
British Columbia, Canada
KitMaker: 6,965 posts
AeroScale: 6,247 posts
Posted: Thursday, July 21, 2011 - 01:26 PM UTC

Quoted Text

At last something new rather than the hordes of airliner kits. I do think it's a bit much putting the airliners, some of which are not available, in the 'new Kits ' section. What with those and the dribble Gaston is spouting, what is happening to this excellent site.
H.

I started writing airliner reviews after they were requested. You're perfectly free to write your own reviews to keep this excellent site to your satisfaction. Nothing's stopping you. Equally, nobody's forcing you to read the airliner reviews and your complaining puts you on the same level as Gaston's dribblings. Now you have a choice: Contribute something positive or keep complaining. Which will it be?

Also: I think that you're confusing the "new" section in the reviews for "new kits" when it means "new reviews". If you want new kits reviewed, then step up to the plate and review some.
helterskelter
_VISITCOMMUNITY
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 11 posts
AeroScale: 10 posts
Posted: Thursday, July 21, 2011 - 10:37 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Also: I think that you're confusing the "new" section in the reviews for "new kits" when it means "new reviews". If you want new kits reviewed, then step up to the plate and review some.

It does actually say "new plastic kits" or maybe I am dyslexic.
H.
betheyn
AEROSCALE
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - South East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 4,560 posts
AeroScale: 2,225 posts
Posted: Friday, July 22, 2011 - 12:42 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

It does actually say "new plastic kits" or maybe I am dyslexic.
H.

Yes it does say "new plastic kits", but if you have never seen a 1904 released 1/200th Farley Fruitbat MkVI kit before, then its new.
As most of the models in the review section are bought and paid for by the reviewers, then you are very much mistaken if you are going to see a "just off the molds" review of the new Tamigawa Hawker Mustang. So in the meantime any kit that has not been reviewed on the site will go into the "new plastic kits" section.
As the one editing Jessica's reviews, I am finding them very intriguing and interesting, so much so I intend to build a airliner.
Andy
P.S Now can we please go back on topic.
Merlin
AEROSCALE
_VISITCOMMUNITY
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 17,582 posts
AeroScale: 12,795 posts
Posted: Friday, July 22, 2011 - 02:32 AM UTC
Hi there

How best to feature vintage kits, which may well be "new" to many of our readers has always been an issue.

But aside from that, Civil Aviation as a whole has been sadly under-represented in our coverage until now, so the flurry of airliner reviews leads us neatly to the question in Site Feedback - do we need a dedicated Civil Aviation forum on Aeroscale?

Let's continue the topic there.

All the best

Rowan
litespeed
Staff MemberNews Reporter
AEROSCALE
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - North West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 1,976 posts
AeroScale: 1,789 posts
Posted: Friday, July 22, 2011 - 11:06 PM UTC
Blimey Rowan, you do attract some personalities don't you
Looks like a good kit. Monseur Dassault seems to have a good eye for great looking aircraft.
All the best.
tim
 _GOTOTOP