_GOTOBOTTOM
Cold War (1950-1974)
Discuss the aircraft modeling subjects during the Cold War period.
Hosted by Tim Hatton
NEWS 1/48 Lansen project is ongoing
litespeed
Staff MemberNews Reporter
AEROSCALE
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - North West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 1,976 posts
AeroScale: 1,789 posts
Posted: Friday, November 04, 2011 - 08:44 AM UTC

Tarangus is a new Swedish company that primarily focuses on plastic model kits with a history in the Swedish Air Force. CAD design and injection moulding guarantees top quality and excellent fit. With news and images of progress so far on the 1/32 scale injected plastic SAAB Lansen is Fredrik Zetterberg.

Link to Item

If you have comments or questions please post them here.

Thanks!
LongKnife
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Jönköping, Sweden
KitMaker: 831 posts
AeroScale: 688 posts
Posted: Monday, November 07, 2011 - 10:24 PM UTC
I guess there has been a misunderstanding here. Tarangus people keeps updates from time to time at IPMS-Stockholms site, and there they state that the scale for the Lansen is 1:48. The air force number of the plane is #32, so that's probably what started the talk of a 1:32 scale model.

On the pics the parts looks fairly large, but then again the Lansen is only 6" shorter than a F 4 Phantom, and has actually a 3" wider span. So she's no little midget.

Anyway, at the moment they are fighting a cracked fuselage mold, so it's not due yet, but the fight goes on to get a J 32 lansen on the roll, and I can hardly wait...
OEFFAG_153
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Västra Götaland, Sweden
KitMaker: 1,473 posts
AeroScale: 1,450 posts
Posted: Tuesday, November 08, 2011 - 12:23 AM UTC
Its a very handsome fighter, and one of my favourite jet subjects. I could almost be tempted to stray from the WWI...

Mikael
litespeed
Staff MemberNews Reporter
AEROSCALE
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - North West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 1,976 posts
AeroScale: 1,789 posts
Posted: Tuesday, November 08, 2011 - 09:18 AM UTC
Hi Tony
Many apologies for the mistake with the scale of the Lansen, wholly my fault. Yes you're correct about it being 1/48 and not 1/32.
Still very much looking forward to it's release.
All the best.
tim
LongKnife
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Jönköping, Sweden
Posted: Wednesday, November 09, 2011 - 01:23 AM UTC
I agree. Even if I'm a propfighterman this is interesting. An in 32-scale it probably would have been too big. I mean, where to put it?
Jessie_C
_VISITCOMMUNITY
British Columbia, Canada
KitMaker: 6,965 posts
AeroScale: 6,247 posts
Posted: Wednesday, November 09, 2011 - 07:49 AM UTC

Quoted Text

I agree. Even if I'm a propfighterman this is interesting. An in 32-scale it probably would have been too big. I mean, where to put it?

You're supposed to use it as a shelf for your 1/72 models of course. I'm excited by this one. The Lansen is such a beautiful airplane, something like a more muscular Hunter.
LongKnife
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Jönköping, Sweden
Posted: Wednesday, November 09, 2011 - 10:59 PM UTC
That would be some shelf.

I'll see if I can find one somewhere and go berserk with the camera. There should be one at the airforce museum in sweden, and actually two in flying condition. At least they were three years ago, sampling high altitude air for radiation measurments.
 _GOTOTOP