_GOTOBOTTOM
Early Aviation
Discuss World War I and the early years of aviation thru 1934.
What? No FE2b WIPs yet?
wing_nut
_VISITCOMMUNITY
New Jersey, United States
KitMaker: 1,212 posts
AeroScale: 468 posts
Posted: Tuesday, December 20, 2011 - 02:04 AM UTC
Aching to get one but not in the budget just now. My ususal, "Budgets? We don't need no stinking budgets!" has to be put on hold for the moment.

Real reason for the post is in case you have not seen this collection of photos posted on Hyper Scale.

http://www.clubhyper.com/forums/forum.htm
OEFFAG_153
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Västra Götaland, Sweden
KitMaker: 1,473 posts
AeroScale: 1,450 posts
Posted: Tuesday, December 20, 2011 - 02:52 AM UTC
Thanks for the link Marc – The Fee will be my next project for sure – just have to clear my desk of the Spad and RE8 first... (Strict rule of building que applies)

Best Regards

Mikael
JackFlash
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 11,669 posts
AeroScale: 11,011 posts
Posted: Tuesday, December 20, 2011 - 04:56 AM UTC
Sadly, I had review kits sent to me and somewhere at the postal hub in Los Angeles they dropped off the grid on Dec. 02. I sent a nasty gram to their operations dept. But I just advised WNW that they have to start an inquiry for it to be dealt with officially. Missing for 17 days. Its a good thing Merlin posted his review. Life intervenes folks and I may have to rely on you all to fill in the gaps. Model On! Merry Christmas, happy festivals & Happy New Year to you all!
euskera
_VISITCOMMUNITY
United States
KitMaker: 2 posts
AeroScale: 1 posts
Posted: Tuesday, December 20, 2011 - 05:57 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Sadly, I had review kits sent to me and somewhere at the postal hub in Los Angeles they dropped off the grid on Dec. 02. I sent a nasty gram to their operations dept. But I just advised WNW that they have to start an inquiry for it to be dealt with officially. Missing for 17 days. Its a good thing Merlin posted his review. Life intervenes folks and I may have to rely on you all to fill in the gaps. Model On! Merry Christmas, happy festivals & Happy New Year to you all!

Same thing happened to me with the Pfalz XII. Before I knew it, it was sent back to NZ..
Merlin
Staff MemberSenior Editor
AEROSCALE
_VISITCOMMUNITY
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 17,582 posts
AeroScale: 12,795 posts
Posted: Tuesday, December 20, 2011 - 08:48 AM UTC
Hi there

Well, hearing of Stephen's mishap, I can only be thankful that the samples sent to me actually arrived! But, having said that, the package had clearly had a really rough ride in the post and suffered a little damage.

It'll be next year before I tackle the Fee. Things are so hectic at the moment, I haven't been able to get to the workbench for weeks and, like Mikael, I must be disciplined and make sure I finish my current projects first - and I think I will err on the side of caution and cut my teeth on the new Rumpler first.

All the best

Rowan
Kornbeef
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - South East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 1,667 posts
AeroScale: 1,551 posts
Posted: Tuesday, December 20, 2011 - 12:31 PM UTC
Well If you really want to tackle the Fee Merlin you can pass the Rumpler this way and I'll build both early and late models side by side for comparison... purely for the forum's benefit and out the goodness of my heart of course.
RussellSmith
_VISITCOMMUNITY
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 21 posts
AeroScale: 20 posts
Posted: Wednesday, December 21, 2011 - 12:28 AM UTC
I'm about 80% finished with my early FEE. I'll post a few shots in a couple of days.
OEFFAG_153
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Västra Götaland, Sweden
Posted: Wednesday, December 21, 2011 - 08:32 PM UTC
Whoa  – thats really fast – what do you think of the kit?

Mikael
Merlin
Staff MemberSenior Editor
AEROSCALE
_VISITCOMMUNITY
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 17,582 posts
AeroScale: 12,795 posts
Posted: Thursday, December 22, 2011 - 09:45 AM UTC
Hi Russell

80% finished already?! That is amazingly quick work - or were you lucky enough to get one early? I know some samples went out a while back because I've already seen some pics of fully-built examples, and of course Ray Rimell has a build-guide in the latest Windsock that really is something of a must-read for anyone buying the kit.

All the best

Rowan
JackFlash
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 11,669 posts
AeroScale: 11,011 posts
Posted: Tuesday, February 07, 2012 - 08:37 PM UTC

Quoted Text

I just got word that the U.S.Postal Service has determined the package with the kits sent to me, ". . .are now deeming it lost within their system." Sounds like theft to me.
OEFFAG_153
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Västra Götaland, Sweden
Posted: Tuesday, February 07, 2012 - 08:43 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

I just got word that the U.S.Postal Service has determined the package with the kits sent to me, ". . .are now deeming it lost within their system." Sounds like theft to me.

Theft of kits Grrrrrrrrrr Should be a hefty penalty for anyone committing this crime!
 _GOTOTOP