_GOTOBOTTOM
Early Aviation
Discuss World War I and the early years of aviation thru 1934.
Can't (couldn't) wait to start the FEE...
wing_nut
_VISITCOMMUNITY
New Jersey, United States
KitMaker: 1,212 posts
AeroScale: 468 posts
Posted: Friday, January 06, 2012 - 05:48 AM UTC
And it's not really a start until I finish a Luscombe 8A. But I had this idea, found some suitable micro drill bits and couldn't wait to give it a try.

The blue one on the right is #80. The one I used is yellow, #92 @ .008" The "thread' is .006" flying tying wire.

From the Center for disease Control...A new symptom of AMS has been identified in New Jersey. The CDC suggests you stay indoors and away from anything that resembles a "bench". If you start to talk to yourself too the CDC suggests getting your affairs in order.
lcarroll
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Alberta, Canada
KitMaker: 1,032 posts
AeroScale: 1,025 posts
Posted: Friday, January 06, 2012 - 06:16 AM UTC
Marc,
I recall seeing a post on the drills some time back. What is the product name and supplier?
Very nice start, looks like you are really "goin for the gold" on this build. As for the AMS Warning from the CDC who on earth am I to talk!!

Cheers,
Lance
Mgunns
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Arizona, United States
KitMaker: 1,423 posts
AeroScale: 1,319 posts
Posted: Friday, January 06, 2012 - 04:04 PM UTC

Hello WIngnut: Yes, the excitement builds and you have to take it out of the box and do something with it. So far so good. Looking forward to more.

Best
Mark
OEFFAG_153
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Västra Götaland, Sweden
KitMaker: 1,473 posts
AeroScale: 1,450 posts
Posted: Sunday, January 08, 2012 - 08:15 PM UTC
Excellent start Marc – looking forward to your treatment of this kit. Yeah, where did you get those drills? Looks very interesting.

Mikael
wing_nut
_VISITCOMMUNITY
New Jersey, United States
KitMaker: 1,212 posts
AeroScale: 468 posts
Posted: Monday, January 09, 2012 - 01:24 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Excellent start Marc – looking forward to your treatment of this kit. Yeah, where did you get those drills? Looks very interesting.

Mikael

Hi Mikael

Got those from here... http://drillbitsunlimited.com/
I bought a few of the S1 sets

lcarroll
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Alberta, Canada
Posted: Monday, January 09, 2012 - 01:58 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Mikael

Hi Mikael

Thanks for the info Marc. I just bought 3 paks of 2 #80 bits at $5 per pak, these look of a much better quality and certainly are a better price. I'll be following up with an order today.

Cheers,
Lance
OEFFAG_153
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Västra Götaland, Sweden
KitMaker: 1,473 posts
AeroScale: 1,450 posts
Posted: Monday, January 09, 2012 - 02:04 AM UTC
Brilliant – Tanks Marc – They even have conversion tables, so I don't have to calculate the " to mm – very helpful (always makes my head hurt)

Mikael
lcarroll
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Alberta, Canada
Posted: Wednesday, February 01, 2012 - 08:03 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Mikael

Hi Mikael

Thanks for the info Marc. I just bought 3 paks of 2 #80 bits at $5 per pak, these look of a much better quality and certainly are a better price. I'll be following up with an order today.

Cheers,
Lance

Recieved the order yesterday and have tried them out. In a word, OUTSTANDING quality and highly recommended. I bought a 50 piece (5 of each size from #83 to #63s) and a 10 pak each of #76s and #80s. They were less then 1/3 the price of the ones I've been using and the quality is far better then the old ones! I'm thinkin I have enuff for a while.....!

Cheers,
Lance
 _GOTOTOP