Hosted by Rowan Baylis
FINALLY! I'm done! 1/48 Tamiya FW-190 A-3
sfcacid
_VISITCOMMUNITY
United States
KitMaker: 15 posts
AeroScale: 15 posts
Posted: Sunday, March 04, 2012 - 03:51 PM UTC
GAH! Finally done! Would have been done sometime last year but of course the decals were destroyed by me not paying attention to where I put masking tape... grrr. But Jesse was super nice and sent me her spare set of decals . So once I stripped everything and repainted (so-so ha) I got the decals on and weathered. WEWT! Finally! Success!

So it's not perfect, but I'm glad to finally have it done and finished! One of the few models I actually finished heh. A few in progress and a few with paint on them. But this one is done! Missing stencils etc and paint isn't just like the instructions etc but who cares! Ah, will get to the aerial latter ha.

So with out further a due :].

Weathering not too over the top is it?

A lot better than this...

Though that paint job isn't too bad... mix of the two would have been better. Ah well I'm happy with it
Jessie_C
_VISITCOMMUNITY
British Columbia, Canada
KitMaker: 6,965 posts
AeroScale: 6,247 posts
Posted: Sunday, March 04, 2012 - 06:38 PM UTC
It's good to see that they went to a good cause
sfcacid
_VISITCOMMUNITY
United States
Posted: Sunday, March 04, 2012 - 06:46 PM UTC

Quoted Text

It's good to see that they went to a good cause

Thanks ! Could have been better but oh well :].

Just need to find stencils for a FW-190 latter.
Siderius
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Tennessee, United States
KitMaker: 1,747 posts
AeroScale: 1,673 posts
Posted: Monday, March 05, 2012 - 06:30 AM UTC
Good job Cory! I like it. Thanks for sharing. Russell

P.S. Here is a couple of photo of the 1/72 scale version of the Tamiya kit! That's the scale I tend to build in. Just thought it would make an interesting comparison.

sfcacid
_VISITCOMMUNITY
United States
Posted: Monday, March 05, 2012 - 09:20 AM UTC
Very nice. The camo looks almost naked though. Is that a different time frame of the aircraft? Looks great though
Siderius
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Tennessee, United States
KitMaker: 1,747 posts
AeroScale: 1,673 posts
Posted: Monday, March 05, 2012 - 09:29 AM UTC
Hi Cory, no, I chose to spot up the fuselage according to the instructions for this airframe. It dates from late '42 into early '43. Thanks for the kind words. Lighting may play a role too. It is in standard RLM 76 on the bottom and sides, and RLM 74/75 on wings and tail. Russell
sfcacid
_VISITCOMMUNITY
United States
Posted: Monday, March 05, 2012 - 09:51 AM UTC
Gotcha . Then again I am on my phone and a touch color blind ha. Im only in my early 20's and 1/72 is too small for my eyes. I have no idea how people can super detail such small subjects, let alone the smaller scales! Hands are waaaay too shakey and clumsy ha.
mrockhill
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 566 posts
AeroScale: 507 posts
Posted: Thursday, March 08, 2012 - 09:35 AM UTC
Nicely done, Looks way ahead of the few I built in my early 20s. Glad you were able to find the decals. Its a nice kit and dear to me as it was the one that got me building again (if but slowly and infrequently) The only thing I might suggest would be to fill in the small indentations behind the landing gear bays with some black paint and some soot trailing from them. They are the ejection chutes for the inboard 20mm cannons.
 _GOTOTOP