_GOTOBOTTOM
World War II
Discuss WWII and the era directly before and after the war from 1935-1949.
Hosted by Rowan Baylis
Fabricating ordnance (esp. Luftwaffe)
Athlen
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 12 posts
AeroScale: 12 posts
Posted: Tuesday, April 10, 2012 - 05:16 AM UTC
I like fighter-bombers and torpedo bombers. I'd like to put some (non-historical, probably) weapons on some fighter models.

With the exception of some rather expensive resin kits, there doesn't seem to be much in the way of Luftwaffe ordnance kits available.

I've considered trying to make my own with either wood or polystyrene tubing sculpted with a Dremel.

Does anyone have experience in fabricating bombs or torpedoes? Absolute accuracy is not imporant. I'd be most interested in torpedoes or bombs under 1000 kg. (Above 1000 kg the bombs start having a ring around the tail that must be hard to fabricate.)
Athlen
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 12 posts
AeroScale: 12 posts
Posted: Thursday, April 12, 2012 - 06:41 AM UTC
Sorry, new user mistake. I've realized this should be in the scratch-building forum, so please close the thread or move it there. It's probably already been answered...though I am reluctant to type 'how to m-ke a b-mb" into a search engine.
Jessie_C
_VISITCOMMUNITY
British Columbia, Canada
KitMaker: 6,965 posts
AeroScale: 6,247 posts
Posted: Thursday, April 12, 2012 - 07:43 AM UTC
German droppity things had generally simple shapes: Tubes, cones and ogives. They should be fairly easy to replicate. Even the rings on the fins are easy to do when you cut a piece of tube to the correct length and notch the ends of the fins for it.
 _GOTOTOP