_GOTOBOTTOM
Early Aviation
Discuss World War I and the early years of aviation thru 1934.
Dear Mickael Terfors & WWI enthusiast
Eric1957
_VISITCOMMUNITY
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 10 posts
AeroScale: 9 posts
Posted: Wednesday, April 11, 2012 - 09:50 PM UTC
I finally find you.Any idea where I may buy a BattleAxe Oeffag Albatros in 1/32 scale.If anyone know contact me direct to my e-mail: [email protected]. Thanks you.

Eric 1957
London
UK
gajouette
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 365 posts
AeroScale: 356 posts
Posted: Wednesday, April 11, 2012 - 11:46 PM UTC
Eric,
The is I believe out of production now.However it does show up in the Squadron flyer every other blue moon. You might want to contact Squadron directly as they may have one or two in their warehouse collecting dust.That's how I gone a hold of my Hi-Teck Breguet 14 A-2 several years ago.It's worth a shot.Failing that it's E-Bay or an old kit dealer,maybe even a vendor's table at a contest .
Highest Regards,
Gregory Jouette
Eric1957
_VISITCOMMUNITY
United Kingdom
Posted: Thursday, April 12, 2012 - 12:34 AM UTC
Dear Gregory, thanks you. I have e-mail squadron. It doesn't seems to be on their catalogue, however we never know. Any idea where I may find a plan 3 view of the Austro-Daimler 225 HP. I have the basic dimension, however a plan will be useful. It is a 6 cylinder if I remember well, I would be able to use some of the cylinder from the Roden Albatross DIII engine. Tell me. Take care. Eric 1957
OEFFAG_153
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Västra Götaland, Sweden
KitMaker: 1,473 posts
AeroScale: 1,450 posts
Posted: Thursday, April 12, 2012 - 04:12 AM UTC
Hello Eric,

I bought mine from Hannants a few years ago when they had a clear out, not sure if they still list the item, but probably not... I ended up using pretty much nothing from that kit, but the engine was nice, even thogh I thought there was some isues with its dimensions.

You may be able to track one down on E-bay, or perhaps another not sowell known modeling company? Personally I hope for Karaya or some other eastern company to release a conversion set, or perhaps an engine, fingers crossed.

Sorry I could not be more helpful than this

Regards

Mikael
gajouette
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 365 posts
AeroScale: 356 posts
Posted: Thursday, April 12, 2012 - 06:50 PM UTC
Eric,
It must be your luck day my friend. Squadron has the Battle Axe Oeffag Albatros D.III stock #3205 on sale for $111.59.
Highest Regards,
Gregory Jouette
Eric1957
_VISITCOMMUNITY
United Kingdom
Posted: Thursday, April 12, 2012 - 10:07 PM UTC
Dear Gregory, I have recieved an e-mail from Jeff (Squadron models) yesterday. They don't have it.I have checked again today putting the reference number: 3205. Nothing.I am going to try the French models shop.As a French man I am aware of a modelshop near Gare de Lyon in Paris. In any case Gregory the nose section was easy to scratchbuild and the stuff on the top of the center of the top wing(I don't know how to call it ?) won't be a problem. The challenge is the engine. I need desesparetely to fing a plan 3 view of the Austro-Daimler 225HP, whatsoever the scale it could reduced to obtained 52.80mm in Length & 31.50mm in Higth.That is the dimension in 1/32 scale. What I will do is I will cut the side main engine bloc into ABS & cross it witha template (still in ABS) with the width. You see what I mean, if I can find a 3view plan of that engine I will be able at least to scratbuild the main engine bloc.
The cylinder are similar with the Albatross DIII engine fournished by Roden. Take care Gregory.

Eric Descarrier
London
UK
Eric1957
_VISITCOMMUNITY
United Kingdom
Posted: Thursday, April 12, 2012 - 10:14 PM UTC
Bonjour Mickael, Your Oeffag-Albatros in 1/32 scale is among my research data on my workbench.Congratulation. A beautiful model Mickael. As I said to Gregory today, my challenge is to find a 3 view plan of the Austro-Daimler 225 HP. I have already some picture of this engine. But even a small 3 view plan could be increase to the scale requested.I usualy cross the plan engine bloc, put some foam inside it and cover with carbodyfiller.The cylinder are similar to the DIII furnished by Roden. Help welcome. Take care.

Eric Descarrier
 _GOTOTOP