_GOTOBOTTOM
Air Campaigns
Want to start or join a group build? This is where to start.
campaign proposal : then and now
ludwig113
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - South East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 1,381 posts
AeroScale: 1,110 posts
Posted: Monday, November 05, 2012 - 08:24 AM UTC
this is an idea i had today about building a kit that i had done a few years ago to see if i've got any better at modelling ! lol

same kit , same markings.

there are plently of reasons why the kit could turn out differently, you might have started using an airbrush instead of hand painting, using alclad instead of a "silver" paint or maybe you've just got more serious about this whole modelling lark !

this is something that i will probably do at some point anyway, but i thought others might like to join in as well....

paul
raypalmer
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 1,151 posts
AeroScale: 985 posts
Posted: Monday, November 05, 2012 - 11:14 AM UTC
Really good idea.

My father recently moved and some terrible old models of mine were pulled from the maw of the bin. Now I just need to try and remember what kits they were!
amegan
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - North East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 996 posts
AeroScale: 915 posts
Posted: Saturday, November 24, 2012 - 01:18 AM UTC
I could do that, I have a number of old models tucked away that I made about 10 years ago, all 1/72
I think most are German types and some may be damaged. I also have a Revell 1/28 Fokker Dr1 that I painted incorrectly, intended to be Werner Voss' machine. I have another kit of this and I had intended to redo Voss machine correctly then strip the original and repaint it as a different aircraft, I think the kit contains enough Decels to do it. That could be fun, and suit this campaign, I'm in.
 _GOTOTOP