_GOTOBOTTOM
Early Aviation
Discuss World War I and the early years of aviation thru 1934.
Eduard Weeked Edition N.17
thegirl
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Alberta, Canada
KitMaker: 6,743 posts
AeroScale: 6,151 posts
Posted: Sunday, December 02, 2012 - 01:14 PM UTC
Finished up on another project . This is Eduards weedend edition in 48 scale . Built out of the box except for the control horns which came from the spare part box . Kit ones are to chuncky for my liking .

Terri
JackFlash
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 11,669 posts
AeroScale: 11,011 posts
Posted: Sunday, December 02, 2012 - 09:07 PM UTC
Nicely done Terri!
thegirl
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Alberta, Canada
Posted: Monday, December 03, 2012 - 01:26 AM UTC
Thank-you Stephen , was a nice break building out of the box .

Terri
Mgunns
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Arizona, United States
KitMaker: 1,423 posts
AeroScale: 1,319 posts
Posted: Monday, December 03, 2012 - 01:27 AM UTC
Hi Terri:

Sweet little kit and nicely done as well. I like your shading. I tried the traditional method with mine, and it turned out "odd". Your weathering is nicely done as well.

Best
Mark
lcarroll
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Alberta, Canada
KitMaker: 1,032 posts
AeroScale: 1,025 posts
Posted: Monday, December 03, 2012 - 02:21 PM UTC
Nicely done Terri, I too noticed the shading effect, subtle but still defined. Bet it was a pleasant change going OOB, I will have to try it sometime.
Cheers, and nice Build,
Lance
thegirl
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Alberta, Canada
Posted: Tuesday, December 04, 2012 - 01:09 AM UTC
Thank-you Mark and Lance for the kind comments .

Mark , for this build it was sprayed with Testors Model Master non buffing alum the sealed with future ( 2 coats ) and the decaled . Another coat of future to seal the decals . Once every thing was fully dired . The ribs were masked off and Tamiya smoke was sprayed along the edges of the tape , going heavier in a few areas . Tape was removered and then I just mist the smoke over the whole surface . A pin wash was next in the panel lines and seal with dull coat . Pastels were used only on the lower surfaces to show mud tossed up from the wheels and lower part of the rudder .

Terri
Mgunns
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Arizona, United States
KitMaker: 1,423 posts
AeroScale: 1,319 posts
Posted: Tuesday, December 04, 2012 - 03:08 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Thank-you Mark and Lance for the kind comments .

Mark , ........ The ribs were masked off and Tamiya smoke was sprayed along the edges of the tape , going heavier in a few areas . Tape was removed and then I just mist the smoke over the whole surface . A pin wash was next in the panel lines and seal with dull coat . Pastels were used only on the lower surfaces to show mud tossed up from the wheels and lower part of the rudder .

Terri

Thanks Terri: I am going to have to try that smoke method. I have been thinking of that of a way to get the weathering look without the pre-shading. Thanks for the tips.

Best

Mark
mrockhill
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 566 posts
AeroScale: 507 posts
Posted: Tuesday, December 04, 2012 - 03:30 PM UTC
Beautiful build Terri, I really like how the silver came out. Ill have to tack those ideas to the bench for future reference. Late at night Ive been hearing this kit calling to me from the closet
thegirl
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Alberta, Canada
Posted: Saturday, December 08, 2012 - 07:10 AM UTC
Don't let it call too long .....

She is a wonderful kit to build and goes together like a dream . Just watch out for the inter V struts . They don't sit flush on the top lower wing and need a bit of filing for a good fit

Terri
mrockhill
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 566 posts
AeroScale: 507 posts
Posted: Saturday, December 08, 2012 - 12:18 PM UTC
Thanks for the tip! Ill have to slip a reminder in the kit about the v struts in case I end up waiting tool long. Getting to see yours built up has also helped in that I can see how much of the engine is visible. The only short fall of this kit in my eyes is that it doesnt have the intake tubes on the engine that the later releases have. Did the older issues use a PE part? I was kicking around how to scratch some out of solder, but If they arent terribly noticeable I might just skip them.
 _GOTOTOP