Hosted by Rowan Baylis
Movie about the Designer of Zero by Miyazaki
masanissa
_VISITCOMMUNITY
United States
KitMaker: 32 posts
AeroScale: 32 posts
Posted: Tuesday, August 27, 2013 - 12:05 PM UTC
Disney will be releasing the new animated film by Hayao Miyazaki in America. It is inspired by the life of Jiro Horikoshi who designed the A6M Zero.

I've always liked Miyazaki's films: Ponyo, Spirited Away, The Secret World of Arrietty. If you haven't seen Grave of the Fireflies I highly recommend that you find it and watch it.

From the description on YouTube:
This decades-spanning epic from maestro Hayao Miyazaki is his most unique films to date. Inspired by the stories of Jiro Horikoshi, visionary designer of one the most beautiful airplanes in history — the famed Zero fighter — and the writer Tatsuo Hori, this tale of love and perseverance in a turbulent world is brought to life by the vivid animation of Studio Ghibli.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PhHoCnRg1Yw
JClapp
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Massachusetts, United States
KitMaker: 2,265 posts
AeroScale: 1,715 posts
Posted: Tuesday, August 27, 2013 - 01:29 PM UTC
Looking forward to it.
I am surprised you left Porco Rosso out of your list,
possibly his most aviation focused film previously, and one with a bit of a following around here.
masanissa
_VISITCOMMUNITY
United States
KitMaker: 32 posts
AeroScale: 32 posts
Posted: Wednesday, August 28, 2013 - 12:41 AM UTC
I haven't seen Porco Rosso yet, but I added it to my Netflix queue. Thanks for reminding me!
raypalmer
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 1,151 posts
AeroScale: 985 posts
Posted: Wednesday, August 28, 2013 - 02:03 PM UTC
Yeah!!!

I've been looking forward to this one for a while. I should add that, although the most aviation focused (to date) Porco Rosso isn't alone, Nausicaa and the Valley of the Wind also features quite a bit of it.

But nothing could ever unseat Porco Rosso. My favourite aviation film ever.

_GOTOTOP