_GOTOBOTTOM
General Aircraft
This forum is for general aircraft modelling discussions.
The End of an Era.
JackFlash
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 11,669 posts
AeroScale: 11,011 posts
Posted: Tuesday, March 04, 2014 - 03:09 PM UTC
Fantasy of Flight to close.

Though it seems that they are scaling back it is the situation that most American based exhibits are facing.
amegan
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - North East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 996 posts
AeroScale: 915 posts
Posted: Wednesday, March 05, 2014 - 11:21 AM UTC
I was there last November and Kermit Weeks was talking about these plans,but I. Didn't realise they were so immediate. The collection is stunning and I was fascinated (my wife and daughter less so). I await to see what exactly Kermit has in mind, but it didn't strike much of a chord with me.
JPTRR
Staff MemberManaging Editor
RAILROAD MODELING
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Tennessee, United States
KitMaker: 7,772 posts
AeroScale: 3,175 posts
Posted: Thursday, April 10, 2014 - 05:33 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Kermit continued, “Although we are located just 20 minutes west of Walt Disney World, we’re currently outside the center of mass tourism and not perceived of as a destination. We have a great product, but people have a misperception of what we offer.

The dumbing down of a dull populous that can not see beyond being entertained. Perish the thought that they can open their mind to something that isn't being fed to them.
JPK
_VISITCOMMUNITY
United States
KitMaker: 23 posts
AeroScale: 13 posts
Posted: Tuesday, April 15, 2014 - 01:49 AM UTC
Went to FoF on 3/29/14. The info I heard is that Kermit is closing FoF down for a huge remodel. In addition to what is currently there he will be building several new hangars including a seaplane ramp, etc., on the lake at his property, adding rides and attractions,(no doubt aviation related), for the kiddies or adult kiddies and an area for those that are not too interested in the airplane stuff to occupy their time. I was told he is being assisted by a gentleman who was involved with Universal Studios attractions. Knowing Kermit and his desire for theme accuracy this makeover should be in keeping with the overall FoF feel and not some sort of Disney type attraction. Wishing him the best. Can't wait for it to reopen.
 _GOTOTOP