_GOTOBOTTOM
Early Aviation
Discuss World War I and the early years of aviation thru 1934.
Thanks for all the memories Stephen.
dolly15
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Quebec, Canada
KitMaker: 8,227 posts
AeroScale: 3,915 posts
Posted: Saturday, March 15, 2014 - 12:48 PM UTC
Cheers ! John.
OEFFAG_153
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Västra Götaland, Sweden
KitMaker: 1,473 posts
AeroScale: 1,450 posts
Posted: Monday, March 17, 2014 - 12:55 AM UTC
Sad to hear you're leaving – but very happy for you and your future ventures with the Lafayette foundation!

All the best

Mikael
lcarroll
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Alberta, Canada
KitMaker: 1,032 posts
AeroScale: 1,025 posts
Posted: Monday, March 17, 2014 - 02:14 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Sad to hear you're leaving – but very happy for you and your future ventures with the Lafayette foundation!

All the best

Mikael

Mikael said it very well, Stephen. Your tremendous knowledge that you've shared so well and your boundless enthusiasm are what I'll miss the most. Let me add my best wishes for your future; take time for yourself by doing what you enjoy, our loss will be of great benefit to the Foundation.
Cheers,
Lance
CaptnTommy
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Connecticut, United States
KitMaker: 424 posts
AeroScale: 389 posts
Posted: Monday, March 17, 2014 - 04:08 AM UTC
Good-bye and Thanks for all the stuff.
(to paraphase from D. Adams)

Learned a lot. Thank you.

The risks were many, and the chances slim... But ... We will sing of You in the Hall of Heroes!

Captn Tommy
Mgunns
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Arizona, United States
KitMaker: 1,423 posts
AeroScale: 1,319 posts
Posted: Tuesday, March 18, 2014 - 07:15 AM UTC
HEllo Stephen:
To paraphrase Lance: The Laffayette foundation has gained a tireless warrior. Thanks for hosting this forum, the information that you dispensed and provided and mostly the encouragement you offered to strive for excellence to this modeler.
Best Wishes

Mark
StukaJr
_VISITCOMMUNITY
California, United States
KitMaker: 346 posts
AeroScale: 292 posts
Posted: Wednesday, March 19, 2014 - 06:11 AM UTC
Hi Stephen,

Firstly - cheers and best wishes for your work at The Lafayette!

Your effort at Early Aviation subjects are evident and your presence will be missed - it's not long ago that I was lead here by need help with an Eduard Alb D.II I got on the cheap to try out and stuck with Early Aviation ever since... Your primers and references are most comprehensive and save guesswork and frustration of the unknown - your work on lozenge demythication is frequently visited and I'm still learning on every read through...

Most appreciative of your time and effort! Hope to see you around here in the future and best with your new gig!
dolly15
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Quebec, Canada
KitMaker: 8,227 posts
AeroScale: 3,915 posts
Posted: Tuesday, March 25, 2014 - 12:37 AM UTC
Sorry if this offends anyone , I don't know about you ,but I was shocked and disappointed with the response to Stephen Lawsons recent departure from hosting this section of the forum.After his many years of hard work and personnel effort in helping to make this forum what it is today,we can only muster a few fair wells and best wishes?
BoRoss78
_VISITCOMMUNITY
California, United States
KitMaker: 36 posts
AeroScale: 36 posts
Posted: Tuesday, March 25, 2014 - 02:03 AM UTC
Farewell Stephen. You have left us a better place to hang our hats. I will sincerely miss any future input but will treasure all that you have done! Good luck.
drabslab
_VISITCOMMUNITY
European Union
KitMaker: 2,186 posts
AeroScale: 1,587 posts
Posted: Tuesday, March 25, 2014 - 04:00 AM UTC
Yes, thanks for all the good memories, and hoping that there are many more to come.

I write this expecting that you don't part from your "aeroscale position" because you have started hating the atmosphere here but because other interesting opportunities are taking too much or your time.

Hence, this is not "goodbye", nut a "I will read your new posts tomorrow" message expecting (and hoping) that we will continue to hear from you

all the best
thehannaman
_VISITCOMMUNITY
New York, United States
KitMaker: 279 posts
AeroScale: 194 posts
Posted: Sunday, April 06, 2014 - 02:03 AM UTC
I just logged back on after a couple/few weeks away to see that Jackflash has "signed off." What a heart-breaker. I learned so much and am so inspired by his work and knowledge. Mr. Stephen, we are lesser for your leaving, but so much greater for the time you were here. The Lafayette Foundation is very lucky to have you in there corner. Blue skies and bright stars my friend! See you around the interwebs!
MichaelSatin
Staff MemberCampaigns Administrator
AEROSCALE
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 3,909 posts
AeroScale: 2,904 posts
Posted: Sunday, April 06, 2014 - 03:19 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Sorry if this offends anyone , I don't know about you ,but I was shocked and disappointed with the response to Stephen Lawsons recent departure from hosting this section of the forum.After his many years of hard work and personnel effort in helping to make this forum what it is today,we can only muster a few fair wells and best wishes?

John,

I think there were other threads saying the same thing. I know I posted in at least one. But it's good to have several, so Stephen knows about the impact he's made here.

Michael
 _GOTOTOP