_GOTOBOTTOM
Rotary Wing
Discuss helicopters and other rotary wing aircraft from any era.
Academy UH-60L or MH-60G Instructions?
halfriday
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Vermont, United States
KitMaker: 18 posts
AeroScale: 5 posts
Posted: Monday, August 25, 2014 - 04:23 AM UTC
Hey, folks, I've been sitting on an Academy 1:35 AH-60 DAP bird and accruing all the PE, decal, and resin extras to make the first helicopter I crewed at Fort Bragg from 1996-1998 in the Dustoff unit there. The problem is that while the DAP kit has all the sprues from the Academy H-60 family, it doesn't have the instructions for things like the rescue hoist or the other UH bits that I need to use to represent my old aircraft, 539.

Does anyone have these instructions, maybe in .jpg or .pdf format? I have searched online with no luck so far. Thanks!
HeavyArty
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 17,694 posts
AeroScale: 1,728 posts
Posted: Monday, August 25, 2014 - 05:17 AM UTC
Here you go: UH-60L. Click on the Assembly Guide pages to see jpegs of all the instruction pages.
halfriday
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Vermont, United States
Posted: Monday, August 25, 2014 - 06:29 AM UTC
Awesome - thanks, Gino! (I feel a little like a dope for not finding that myself, but will remember the link for other instruction booklets in the future!)

Hal
HeavyArty
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 17,694 posts
AeroScale: 1,728 posts
Posted: Saturday, August 30, 2014 - 02:21 PM UTC
Good luck with it and be sure to post pics once you get started.

Here is a UH-60A Medevac I did a couple years ago using the Academy 1/35 kit, Werner's Wings Medevac Interior set, Werner's Wings decals, Eduard PE, Cobra Company resin bits, etc., etc...

You can follow the full build here.
halfriday
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Vermont, United States
Posted: Saturday, August 30, 2014 - 11:23 PM UTC
As a matter of fact, I've been using yours and Norbert's (http://www.arcforums.com/forums/air/index.php?showtopic=117822&st=0) for inspiration and guidance as I prep for the build.

I'm not in that league, but this is the first time I've gone all-in with Eduard and WW aftermarket bits, and I'm finding - so far - that the PE is more user-friendly than I'd thought. This is also my second time around the Academy H-60 kit, so I can anticipate the few issues it has (like the cargo hook box).

Pics will follow as I begin to make progress. Thanks for the support!
 _GOTOTOP