_GOTOBOTTOM
Early Aviation
Discuss World War I and the early years of aviation thru 1934.
Canvas Falcons - 1 Roden BE2c
amegan
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - North East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 996 posts
AeroScale: 915 posts
Posted: Wednesday, November 26, 2014 - 03:14 AM UTC
Although I don't intend to hurry forward on this one, but starting the thread should mean I can pick it up and move it on as I can.

First impressions of the kit are mixed, the interior does not look very detailed but it looks a good basis for producing a reasonable model. As I am looking for an early 1915 example the guns and bombs included in the kit are not needed but I can use these elsewhere. Some research is needed to find out what else changes in early examples.
thegirl
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Alberta, Canada
KitMaker: 6,743 posts
AeroScale: 6,151 posts
Posted: Wednesday, November 26, 2014 - 05:41 AM UTC
Nice choice Andrew I built this kit and the only trouble I had with it was the fuselage halves were wrapped
I even used the kit decals with success . Looking forward to your up-date .

Terri
amegan
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - North East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 996 posts
AeroScale: 915 posts
Posted: Wednesday, November 26, 2014 - 02:24 PM UTC
Hi Terri, nice to hear from you again, I am looking forward to this one, I just hope I can do a decent job on it. I was a bit premature in deciding to ditch armament, reading an account from 2 Squadron, BE2c aircraft carried bombs from certainly June 1915 (6x20lb Haines bombs and a 100lb bomb in mentioned) (the author missed the targets) and Lewis guns from July 1915, the latter understandable as by then the Fokker was on the ascendant. However I still like the idea of the observer taking pot shots at the enemy with a rifle
Merlin
Staff MemberSenior Editor
AEROSCALE
_VISITCOMMUNITY
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 17,582 posts
AeroScale: 12,795 posts
Posted: Thursday, November 27, 2014 - 02:29 AM UTC
Nice one Andrew

I'm looking forward to your build, because I'm sure I've got one of these in the infamous Stash.

All the best

Rowan
 _GOTOTOP