_GOTOBOTTOM
World War II
Discuss WWII and the era directly before and after the war from 1935-1949.
Hosted by Rowan Baylis
News
Kitty Hawk: Kingfisher Almost Ready For Take-Off
Littorio
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - South East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 4,728 posts
AeroScale: 1,351 posts
Posted: Friday, October 09, 2015 - 07:48 PM UTC

Quoted Text

While you are about it mate can you have a look to see if you have any plans for German ship catapults? I have 2 of the Revell Ar196 kits, one of which I want to display on a catapult And to bring this back to the Kingfisher, I might just get 2 kits so that I can do the same as with the Ar196 and display one on the catapult and one on water

I take it your only going to do a part of a German BB catapult as these were fixed cross deck units that were extended when an aircraft was to be launched, on the Bismarck class at least. The catapult on the Scharnhorst and Deutschland classes were trainable if that's what your looking for.
Holdfast
Staff MemberPresident
IPMS-UK KITMAKER BRANCH
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - South West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 8,581 posts
AeroScale: 4,913 posts
Posted: Monday, October 12, 2015 - 12:13 PM UTC
I know that there is a resin example out there and that looks as if it trainable as it seems to be on a turntable, but I am looking to build some of the nearby superstructure as well so either? Maybe I should flog off one of my examples and just build it on a water scape?

Having said that I would like to build one of the options in the kit, which has a Viking ship badge painted on the nose, I have created a mask for this so I am looking forward to trying it out. Was that from the Bismark? I'll have to look it up
Littorio
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - South East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 4,728 posts
AeroScale: 1,351 posts
Posted: Monday, October 12, 2015 - 03:38 PM UTC

Quoted Text

I know that there is a resin example out there and that looks as if it trainable as it seems to be on a turntable, but I am looking to build some of the nearby superstructure as well so either? Maybe I should flog off one of my examples and just build it on a water scape?

Having said that I would like to build one of the options in the kit, which has a Viking ship badge painted on the nose, I have created a mask for this so I am looking forward to trying it out. Was that from the Bismark? I'll have to look it up

Bismarck's Ar 196A-3 aircraft were T3+IH, T3+AK, T3+DL and T3+MK all from 1./Bordflg.Gr 196 reconnaissance group 1st Squadron.
 _GOTOTOP