_GOTOBOTTOM
General Aircraft
This forum is for general aircraft modelling discussions.
flickr test
Joel_W
Staff MemberAssociate Editor
AUTOMODELER
_VISITCOMMUNITY
New York, United States
KitMaker: 11,666 posts
AeroScale: 7,410 posts
Posted: Tuesday, March 01, 2016 - 03:35 AM UTC
this is just a test to see if flickr is working.
thank
Joel
https://www.flickr.com/photos/139925543@N08/shares/420318
Joel_W
AUTOMODELER
_VISITCOMMUNITY
New York, United States
Posted: Tuesday, March 01, 2016 - 03:48 AM UTC
Looks like flickr only has a working link. Not what I Want. I'm looking for an alternative to Photobucket which is getting so buggy it's almost useless at times.

Joel
Joel_W
AUTOMODELER
_VISITCOMMUNITY
New York, United States
Posted: Tuesday, March 01, 2016 - 05:38 AM UTC
I really can't find a basically free hosting site that allows direct links so the pictures show up here, not just a link to them. I've looked into Imageshack and after 1 month there is a hefty monthly fee. Google and Microsoft have hosting cloud sites but again, it's all linked back to them.

So what is everyone using these days? I've been a long time Photobucket user, and I do pay a small amount each month. But it's become so buggy, that I'm back to uploading just a few photos at a time.

Joel
GazzaS
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Queensland, Australia
KitMaker: 4,648 posts
AeroScale: 1,938 posts
Posted: Tuesday, March 01, 2016 - 11:18 AM UTC
Hey Joel,
I use photobucket free-version and except for annoying, unwanted pop-up adds and video adds, I've had flawless performance. I think the most I've uploaded at one time was a dozen.

I use Firefox as my browser.... Maybe that has something to do with it, maybe it doesn't. I'm not super-computer-savvy...

Anyway...my two cents.

Gary
Magpie
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Queensland, Australia
KitMaker: 653 posts
AeroScale: 165 posts
Posted: Tuesday, March 01, 2016 - 03:50 PM UTC
I use Flikr, just click the arrow "share" icon and you get the BBCode
Joel_W
AUTOMODELER
_VISITCOMMUNITY
New York, United States
Posted: Tuesday, March 01, 2016 - 11:02 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Hey Joel,
I use photobucket free-version and except for annoying, unwanted pop-up adds and video adds, I've had flawless performance. I think the most I've uploaded at one time was a dozen.

I use Firefox as my browser.... Maybe that has something to do with it, maybe it doesn't. I'm not super-computer-savvy...

Anyway...my two cents.

Gary

Gary,
I'm using Edge these days as it's the default browser with Windows 10, and honestly, I haven't had any issues with it to want to go back to Firefox.

My brother has similar issues with Photobucket and he's on a Mac. Over on LSP, it's a issue that comes up quite often these days.

Quoted Text

I use Flikr, just click the arrow "share" icon and you get the BBCode

Scott,
Thanks, I'll check it out. Hopefully that's what I've been missing.

Joel
GazzaS
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Queensland, Australia
Posted: Tuesday, March 01, 2016 - 11:09 PM UTC
I'm actually dreading the day that my photobucket account gets filled up.
BlackWidow
_VISITCOMMUNITY
European Union
KitMaker: 1,732 posts
AeroScale: 1,336 posts
Posted: Wednesday, March 02, 2016 - 01:06 AM UTC
I also use photobucket and also had no major problems with it, except these ads, which make the cloud slow. Well, they have to make money somehow .... On the other side it's free to use.
Gary, how full is your bucket? Mine is at 4%.

Torsten
Joel_W
AUTOMODELER
_VISITCOMMUNITY
New York, United States
Posted: Wednesday, March 02, 2016 - 05:53 AM UTC
I've been in touch with custom service about my issues and concerns. They were super fast in replying, and sent me a list of things to try. Most of which I've already have done. One of the few things that they suggested is turning off my Ad Blocker, which I did. Then I tested up loading the same 9 pictures as yesterday with just different names. To my surprise it was like old times. No issues, and back to the old upload speeds I was use to.

I've been a member since 4/2006, and have upgraded to their Plus20 account. I do delete pictures that are several years old, but none from any of my build blogs. As of now I've only used 206 MB (0.94%) of my 22.0 GB of storage, coupled with unlimited monthly bandwidth for just $2.99/month.

Joel

GazzaS
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Queensland, Australia
Posted: Wednesday, March 02, 2016 - 10:45 AM UTC

Quoted Text

I also use photobucket and also had no major problems with it, except these ads, which make the cloud slow. Well, they have to make money somehow .... On the other side it's free to use.

Torsten

Hi Torsten,
Mine is at 2%. I may never fill it, though I blog a lot. Conversely, I try to keep my uploaded images small enough to avoid big download time for viewers, but big enough to get the idea across.

@Joel: Congrats. But I have to wonder: I presume that in paying, adds are removed as well as boosting your storage? If my presumption is correct, I am forced to. Wonder why your add blocker had to be turned off.

Gary
StukaJr
_VISITCOMMUNITY
California, United States
KitMaker: 346 posts
AeroScale: 292 posts
Posted: Wednesday, March 02, 2016 - 11:13 AM UTC
I've been uploading my stuff to www.imgur.com - works like a charm and you can look at funny cat pics afterwards... Front page is popularity contest, though I've used it as image sharing service with no hustle for 2 + years. They also give you BBC / HTML links of your upload, so you don't have to input your own forum code - gold! Did I mention cats, must watch horror movie lists and animated gifs of your feels? Did Leo win an Oscar? Did Rhonda get knocked out? It's news source too!

www.deviantart.com also allows direct links from the last time I've checked - you can file your work under sculpture and get additional views and comments...
Armored76
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Bayern, Germany
KitMaker: 1,615 posts
AeroScale: 51 posts
Posted: Wednesday, March 02, 2016 - 12:11 PM UTC
I'm regularly using Flickr because it's relatively easy to get around. Maybe this short tutorial over at Armorama would help: https://armorama.kitmaker.net/forums/232523&page=1

Joel_W
AUTOMODELER
_VISITCOMMUNITY
New York, United States
Posted: Wednesday, March 02, 2016 - 10:05 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Torsten

Hi Torsten,
Mine is at 2%. I may never fill it, though I blog a lot. Conversely, I try to keep my uploaded images small enough to avoid big download time for viewers, but big enough to get the idea across.

@Joel: Congrats. But I have to wonder: I presume that in paying, adds are removed as well as boosting your storage? If my presumption is correct, I am forced to. Wonder why your add blocker had to be turned off.

Gary

Gary,
Photobucket's free account comes with just 2 GB of storage. It does seem like enough for our modest needs since we're just posting pictures of our builds every so often, but over the years it does add up. I use to delete all my old non blog pictures, then I had to delete most of my pre Aeroscale Armor builds from Armorama. With the 20 plus account I get anadditonal 20GB of storage. I really don't think I'll come close to filling it, in my life time.
There is also a monthly limited on Bandwidth. Once you reach the monthly free bandwidth limit, and I've reached it several times in the past, you can't link to any site till the new month starts. So anyone who wants to look at one of your build blogs won't see any of your posted pictures. This became a real issue when I also became an active member on ARC.

The 20plus option gives me Unlimited monthly bandwidth. I'm also supposed to get ad free site browsing, but you could sure fool me, as I'm slammed with pop ups and ads on every visit. Also priority access to customer service, which I found out I do, and works perfectly.

For $2.99/month, it's well worth it.

Like I said, I just turned off my Ad blocker which in all honestly doesn't work all that well, and my issues seem to have been solved. Why? I have no idea.

Joel
 _GOTOTOP