_VISITCOMMUNITY
Germany
KitMaker: 5,609 posts
AeroScale: 5,231 posts
Posted: Tuesday, March 29, 2016 - 02:17 AM UTC
Hi again,

past weekend I started on this kit

I will use:

This will be a looooong term Project because I have difficulties to keep track of all instructions and fitting painting and assembly order so I will try to move forward slowly avoiding major mistakes.... hopefully

From what I have build so far this is an exceptional kit, very well detailed and easy to build (oob ... great fit!)! I find the panel lines and rivets too delicate - hamfisted as I am I will losse some of them during assembly.

all the best

Steffen
alpha_tango
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Germany
Posted: Tuesday, March 29, 2016 - 12:17 PM UTC
As I had my problems with the Fuselage interior I started with teh wings. First I cut out the exhaust covers using the template a drill bit for the corners and my motor tool for the major cuts. The rest was done with a scalpel and files.

The next task was a bit more complicated. I had to fold 4 boxes with shutters, trying to break as few as possible and fitting these into the holes ... took me quite a while. When done I painted the inside black (chaos black rattle can, thus the paint stains on the outside)

thats all so far

all the best

Steffen
alpha_tango
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Germany
Posted: Tuesday, March 29, 2016 - 06:59 PM UTC
Before I could glue the wings together I had to build the 4 intakes. Each consists of 3 plastic parts plus one Eduard grille. This one is hard to see and almost impossible to photograph (the intakes slope down a bit)

with the landing light bay also glued in the wings could be assembled. The fit is good except for the separate outer wing leading edges which leave a small step.

I also started to build in the PE for the wheel bay.

all the best

Steffen
BlackWidow
_VISITCOMMUNITY
European Union
KitMaker: 1,732 posts
AeroScale: 1,336 posts
Posted: Tuesday, March 29, 2016 - 11:55 PM UTC
Hallo Steffen!
Nice to see you working on the Peschka. I lean back in my arm chair and follow the steps. Now, where is my pop corn ....? Good luck with the build!

Torsten
Twentecable
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Overijssel, Netherlands
KitMaker: 339 posts
AeroScale: 244 posts
Posted: Wednesday, March 30, 2016 - 12:40 AM UTC
Hi Steffen,

nice subject. I would like to build one of those too. Are those rivet details standard or did you add them?
Good luck...
gr TC
alpha_tango
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Germany
Posted: Wednesday, March 30, 2016 - 12:56 AM UTC
Thank you Torsten and Lars,

I did not add anything. You get that riveting with the kit. IMO it is a bit too subtle but I can only tell for sure after painting.

all the best

Steffen
Joel_W
Staff MemberAssociate Editor
AUTOMODELER
_VISITCOMMUNITY
New York, United States
KitMaker: 11,666 posts
AeroScale: 7,410 posts
Posted: Wednesday, March 30, 2016 - 08:25 PM UTC
Steffen,
You're off to an excellent start. Those PE exhaust covers look fantastic and add a lot to the details of the wings.
Joel
alpha_tango
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Germany
Posted: Wednesday, March 30, 2016 - 11:48 PM UTC
Cheers Joel,

well, it looks different. Not sure if I should have build them a little deeper into the wing... BTW I think these are cooler intakes (the pipes) and outlets (the grilles), but I am not sure.

No update today as I was on the road.

all the best

Steffen
Kilo_Uniform
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Gauteng, South Africa
KitMaker: 280 posts
AeroScale: 141 posts
Posted: Thursday, March 31, 2016 - 10:09 AM UTC
Hi Steffen,

I will be following along as I have one of these fine kits in the stash.

Excellent work with the PE - keep it up.

Regards,
Kobus
alpha_tango
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Germany
Posted: Thursday, March 31, 2016 - 04:42 PM UTC
Thank you Kobus!

Well, here we have the fuselage halfs. This is about 20 pieces plus a few PE. I tried to complete as much as possible before I spray "stalnii"

Attaching the turret assembly might be to early as there have to be a few control rods added which are also attached behind
it. Hope I can manage this...

This build is on hold now (except that I sprayed the interior color just a few minutes ago) .. today I got eduards Bf109G-6 and want to build it immediately.

all the best

Steffen
Joel_W
Staff MemberAssociate Editor
AUTOMODELER
_VISITCOMMUNITY
New York, United States
KitMaker: 11,666 posts
AeroScale: 7,410 posts
Posted: Friday, April 01, 2016 - 12:48 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Thank you Kobus!

Well, here we have the fuselage halfs. This is about 20 pieces plus a few PE. I tried to complete as much as possible before I spray "stalnii"

Attaching the turret assembly might be to early as there have to be a few control rods added which are also attached behind
it. Hope I can manage this...

This build is on hold now (except that I sprayed the interior color just a few minutes ago) .. today I got eduards Bf109G-6 and want to build it immediately.

all the best

Steffen

Steffen,
Well, you just answered my question that I posted on the Pe-2 build if you're going to be putting it on hold till the BF109-G is done and in the books.
Joel
alpha_tango
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Germany
Posted: Friday, April 01, 2016 - 02:15 AM UTC
Joel,

I knew this was no weekend project and I never expected this to be done in a month or two but rather in the range of half a year (on and off) so putting it aside is planned.

I suppose the 109 is done in a week or so. The Defiant will be built a side project so it will take a little longer than originally planned but as it is just a few bits and pieces left it may be done in the same timeframe as the 109

Honestly, I am just glad I have fun modelling at the moment as it helps me to switch off...

all the best

Steffen
 _GOTOTOP