Hosted by Rowan Baylis
Eduard Focke Wulf Fw 190 A-8 1:48
berndm
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Niedersachsen, Germany
KitMaker: 844 posts
AeroScale: 630 posts
Posted: Thursday, April 21, 2016 - 10:24 PM UTC
Hello Aeroscalers, some pictures of my first "roll out" for 2016. Its the Eduard ProfiPack kit started a while back, along with another 190, the Sturmjäger also from Eduard.
Now a third is in progress beside the fact that i have shifted mainly to naval modelling.

Cheers
Bernd
Antilles
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Nordrhein-Westfalen, Germany
KitMaker: 671 posts
AeroScale: 614 posts
Posted: Thursday, April 21, 2016 - 10:39 PM UTC
Wow, another stunningly built kit. It really looks great. I like the family picture very much! Congratulation!

Oliver
berndm
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Niedersachsen, Germany
Posted: Thursday, April 21, 2016 - 10:50 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Wow, another stunningly built kit. It really looks great. I like the family picture very much! Congratulation!

Oliver

Thanks for looking and commenting Oliver, appreciated
The next 190 rolling down my "assembly line" will be the Eduard 190 A-6 kit . Can t wait to add this one too.

Cheers ( oder auch einen schönen Abend )
Bernd
matrixone
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Oregon, United States
KitMaker: 869 posts
AeroScale: 862 posts
Posted: Friday, April 22, 2016 - 12:56 AM UTC
Looks great Bernd!

Its always a treat to see a Fw 190.

Matrixone
Joel_W
Staff MemberAssociate Editor
AUTOMODELER
_VISITCOMMUNITY
New York, United States
KitMaker: 11,666 posts
AeroScale: 7,410 posts
Posted: Friday, April 22, 2016 - 02:07 AM UTC
Bernd,
Your camo paint schemes, along with absolutely perfect decaling on both builds, leads directly to results like these two very impressive FW190s. I'm also more then impressed with your ability to paint those spinners. Well done, very well done.
Joel
GazzaS
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Queensland, Australia
KitMaker: 4,648 posts
AeroScale: 1,938 posts
Posted: Friday, April 22, 2016 - 02:08 AM UTC
Bernd,
Simply fantastic! Your painting techniques bring out the camoflage very well.

Gaz
kahunaminor
_VISITCOMMUNITY
New South Wales, Australia
KitMaker: 151 posts
AeroScale: 141 posts
Posted: Friday, April 22, 2016 - 02:53 AM UTC
Nicely done Bernd,
Despite being called over engineered, the Eduard 190 series builds into a good example, if you take your time. A trick you have obviouslly taken notice of. I am looking forward to the A6 build.

Regards,
BlackWidow
_VISITCOMMUNITY
European Union
KitMaker: 1,732 posts
AeroScale: 1,336 posts
Posted: Saturday, April 23, 2016 - 12:34 AM UTC
Great result of Hauptmann Rudolf Klemm's "190", Bernd! It's always nice to see these birds, as it's my favourite german aircraft of WW 2. A few years ago I've also build it out of the Tamiya kit with Aeromaster decals. But it's no "Sturmbock" (A-8/R-2), Bernd. Klemm flew an "ordinary" A-8. This version had four MG 151/20 in the wings plus two MG 131 in the fuselage, a Sturmbock had usually only two MG 151/20 and two MK 108 in the wings. Did you know that Klemm moved to Switzerland after the war and became a flight instructor because he was such a brillant aviator?
Can't wait to see the finished checkered A-6. Sure another delicacy coming from your assembly line.
spaarndammer
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Noord-Holland, Netherlands
KitMaker: 1,945 posts
AeroScale: 388 posts
Posted: Saturday, April 23, 2016 - 01:08 AM UTC
Great FW-190 Bernd!

If you need some inspiration for your A6, you can take a look here:

http://www.bernhard-kunze.de/fotos3e.htm

That A6 is one my wishlist, because of the link above. Unfortunately, i have difficulties to find it.

Jelger
berndm
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Niedersachsen, Germany
Posted: Sunday, April 24, 2016 - 09:37 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Looks great Bernd!

Its always a treat to see a Fw 190.

Matrixone

Thank you Les, more soon
berndm
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Niedersachsen, Germany
Posted: Sunday, April 24, 2016 - 09:42 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Bernd,
Your camo paint schemes, along with absolutely perfect decaling on both builds, leads directly to results like these two very impressive FW190s. I'm also more then impressed with your ability to paint those spinners. Well done, very well done.
Joel

Thanks for these kind words, Joel. The paint work and the markings caused some problems, especially the Aeromaster ( Eagle Strike )decals tended to silvering, solved with gallons of softener and clear but i am satisfied so far.
The propeller spirals were done with the new gray Tamiya tape, which woks in curves very good. But not always, note the wonky demarcation on the black and white spinner of the half finished one....
berndm
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Niedersachsen, Germany
Posted: Sunday, April 24, 2016 - 09:44 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Bernd,
Simply fantastic! Your painting techniques bring out the camoflage very well.

Gaz

Thank you Gary, hope the next one will turn o.K as well.

berndm
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Niedersachsen, Germany
Posted: Sunday, April 24, 2016 - 09:48 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Nicely done Bernd,
Despite being called over engineered, the Eduard 190 series builds into a good example, if you take your time. A trick you have obviouslly taken notice of. I am looking forward to the A6 build.

Regards,

Thank you Kent, you are right about the Eduard 190 kits, they need some more care than Tamyia or Hasegawa but the extra effort is rewarding. You get a lot of good stuff in these boxes and i would rate these kits as the best for the price on the market.
May i should try out an inline variant as well.
berndm
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Niedersachsen, Germany
Posted: Sunday, April 24, 2016 - 09:51 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Great result of Hauptmann Rudolf Klemm's "190", Bernd! It's always nice to see these birds, as it's my favourite german aircraft of WW 2. A few years ago I've also build it out of the Tamiya kit with Aeromaster decals. But it's no "Sturmbock" (A-8/R-2), Bernd. Klemm flew an "ordinary" A-8. This version had four MG 151/20 in the wings plus two MG 131 in the fuselage, a Sturmbock had usually only two MG 151/20 and two MK 108 in the wings. Did you know that Klemm moved to Switzerland after the war and became a flight instructor because he was such a brillant aviator?
Can't wait to see the finished checkered A-6. Sure another delicacy coming from your assembly line.

Hello Torsten, thanks for the kind words, yellow 1 ( Klemms aircraft is a normal A-8, the 190 behind is a Sturmbock. The four MG 151/20 can be seen in the photos. Its great to read that he survived this war, not standart for these pilots.
berndm
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Niedersachsen, Germany
Posted: Sunday, April 24, 2016 - 09:56 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Great FW-190 Bernd!

If you need some inspiration for your A6, you can take a look here:

http://www.bernhard-kunze.de/fotos3e.htm

That A6 is one my wishlist, because of the link above. Unfortunately, i have difficulties to find it.

Jelger

Thank you Jelger, these pictures are indeed a good motivation, The A-6 kit seems to be discontinued. Its not available on their webside and its not available in the shop of my wholesaler.
Hopefully they turn out another batch of them. The A-5 ProfiPack kit was back on the market some month ago

A very nice site by the way !
 _GOTOTOP