_GOTOBOTTOM
Start Here (for Beginners)
This forum is for younger modelers or people just starting out in the hobby.
Eduard over sprues
simon64
_VISITCOMMUNITY
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 29 posts
AeroScale: 23 posts
Posted: Tuesday, November 01, 2016 - 11:27 PM UTC
I've seen these mentioned in build projects. what are they?
sory ment over three's
Venko555
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Bulgaria
KitMaker: 908 posts
AeroScale: 206 posts
Posted: Tuesday, November 01, 2016 - 11:38 PM UTC
Only the plastic parts-no masks, decals, PE etc.
phantom_phanatic309
_VISITCOMMUNITY
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 2,568 posts
AeroScale: 1,619 posts
Posted: Tuesday, November 01, 2016 - 11:45 PM UTC
I've heard of them too but no idea how to get hold of them.
Jessie_C
_VISITCOMMUNITY
British Columbia, Canada
KitMaker: 6,965 posts
AeroScale: 6,247 posts
Posted: Wednesday, November 02, 2016 - 12:24 AM UTC

Quoted Text

You have to order them directly from Eduard through their website. They're not always available. I have the suspicion that they're produced at the same time as the regular model, and only available as long as stock remains. Once they're gone, they're gone.
Emeritus
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Uusimaa, Finland
KitMaker: 2,845 posts
AeroScale: 1,564 posts
Posted: Wednesday, November 02, 2016 - 12:34 AM UTC

Quoted Text

To my knowledge those are only sold on Eduard's webstore.
phantom_phanatic309
_VISITCOMMUNITY
United Kingdom
Posted: Wednesday, November 02, 2016 - 12:44 AM UTC
You know I didn't even know they had an online store.
Besides from occasionally checking the site for canopy masks fo whatever project I'm working on, I rarely visit it.
Will have to check more often.
Thanks.
Littorio
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - South East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 4,728 posts
AeroScale: 1,351 posts
Posted: Wednesday, November 02, 2016 - 12:45 AM UTC
Over trees are the basic plastic kit, no pe, decals, instructions, painting guide and plain white box they are only available from Eduards website.

I have a couple, Spitfire IX and Mig-21
alpha_tango
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Germany
KitMaker: 5,609 posts
AeroScale: 5,231 posts
Posted: Wednesday, November 02, 2016 - 12:47 AM UTC
The original idea was to provide some sprues for kits with many decal options like Royal Class or special editions (e.g. Aussie Eight). Often the sprues were not readily available in kit form.

An example: the 2014 Bf 109G Royal Class had 16 markings options for G-2, G-4 and G-6. Only The Bf 109G-6 was out then and G-2 and G-4 not. So your only choice to build multiple of the early kits was to buy overtrees.

Nowadays it is just an easy way for Eduard to sell more sprues. Personally I prefer Profi Packs with masks, PE and full stencils which have to be sourced elsewhere if you want to use OTs with them. Some people like to build just plastic kits and have a huge decal stash so OTs might be an option to get the kit a little (it really is not that much with tax and p&p) cheaper.

Still I used said 2014 Bf 109G RC overtrees and 2016 Bf 109G-6 overtrees to kitbash a more correct Bf 109G-4

all the best

Steffen
phantom_phanatic309
_VISITCOMMUNITY
United Kingdom
Posted: Wednesday, November 02, 2016 - 01:04 AM UTC
Just had a quick look.
The 1/72 Mk.IX Spits are tempting. Will have to check in my decal box but I'm pretty sure I have Xtradecals set that would certainly justify buying a couple.
Scrodes
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 771 posts
AeroScale: 763 posts
Posted: Wednesday, November 02, 2016 - 02:31 AM UTC
I'm pretty sure that I saw some for sale on the Spruebrothers website as well. Maybe under the "Super Specials" tab.

Edit: apparently I'm wrong.
mrockhill
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 566 posts
AeroScale: 507 posts
Posted: Wednesday, November 02, 2016 - 05:03 AM UTC
Sprue brothers does sell them or at least did, I bought some from them a couple weeks ago. I had no idea just stumbled on them. The bf109g-5,6,6 late (all same sprues) were $19.99. The 1/72 fw190f and spitfire IX early, late and IXe were $9.99(different sprue sets for each). Some were no longer in stock last I looked a week ago.
masanissa
_VISITCOMMUNITY
United States
KitMaker: 32 posts
AeroScale: 32 posts
Posted: Wednesday, November 02, 2016 - 03:39 PM UTC

Quoted Text

I've seen these mentioned in build projects. what are they?
sory ment over three's

Eduard Overtrees and the BFC

A short History

Back in March 2011 Eduard first offered their 1/48 Mig-21MF. Initially it was to be released in February of 2011, but design and production delays pushed the release date into March of 2011. So February was to be named MiGuary, but the delay caused March to become Eduard's new MiGuary. They even made a nice funny Youtube promotion for MiGuary with a catchy tune! And Rabbits!

https://youtu.be/h9yL1WxtlWQ

The Mig-21MF was the first Eduard kit to come out of Eduard's new plastic molding machine. This machine has allowed Eduard to make the stunning kits we now enjoy today.

At the time Eduard was promoting their New Tool MiG-21 quite heavely and they offered a "Subscribers Special" which you can see here: https://www.eduard.com/store/Eduard/MiG-21MF-Subscriber-Limited-Edition-1-48.html?cur=2&listtype=search&searchparam=mig-21mf

This special edition also included four extra and exclusive markings that Eduard has not offered again.

You can see the markings here.
https://www.eduard.com/store/out/media/InfoEduard/archive/2011/info-eduard-2011-03EN.pdf

The Special Edition MiG-21MF could only be pre-ordered starting in January 2011 IIRC, and purchased through the Eduard web store and for the very first time Eduard offered Overtrees. This Overtrees boxing included plastic to build one MiG-21MF and came with canopy masks and photoetch included. All subsequent Overtrees offerings are bared bones affairs and only include the plastic with no decals, masks, photoetch, or instructions.

Needless to say the Overtrees were a big hit and when Eduard offered the Weekend Edition of the MiG-21MF in DDR markings in July 2011 the Overtrees were offered again, but without the extras.

Since that time Eduard offers Overtrees whenever they release a new kit, and these Overtress often sell out quickly!

Last year Eduard dedicated July 2015 to Overtrees and they offered Overtrees of every kit they produced. They called that July "The Month of the Forests".

Well the whole store was clear cut rather quickly and no Overtrees were left standing by the end of the month.

Recently with the release of the new re-re-tooled super duper Bf-109G Eduard decided for the forseeable future to always have Bf-109G Overtrees available for purchase. Rather a smart move on Eduard's part, since the decal selections in their Bf-109 Profipack kits are very tasty! You have to make more!

Eduard only offers Overtrees exclusively through their webstore! This is a genius marketing move by Eduard. It drives more business to their store. And they can do things with the money they make. The Cash Money, dollar bills yeah money, money, moneyyy . . .

https://youtu.be/Hktcsp9msBo

And the more mean green Eduard makes, the more kits we will have.

Now on a personal note. I preordered the Subscribers Edition of the MiG-21MF with Overtrees and have not regretted that purchase at all. However there was no "subscrition". It was later that Eduard came up with the idea of the Bunny Fighter Club. The membership is purchased once by buying a special kit from the Bunny Fighter Club. The first kit was the MiG-21MF with special Bunny Markings and the kit included a Brassin cockpit, decals, masks, photoetch, and a Club Tee-shirt as well! The price? $74.95. They now offer a 1/72 scale MiG-15 BFC Edition and this month they will offer the Bf-109 as the Club kit.

You only have to purchase one Bunny Fighter Club (BFC) kit to become a permanent BFC member. Membership has it's rewards. You get a 15% discount at the Eduard Store and during special sales events discounts can run deeper. For example Eduard ran a Edoween discount of 15% for everyone but BFC Members got 20% off. Also if you live in the USA Eduard offers Free Shipping on all orders over $150. So it's not a bad deal.

So I hope this helps inform everyone about the Eduard Overtrees!

rdt1953
_VISITCOMMUNITY
New Jersey, United States
KitMaker: 1,098 posts
AeroScale: 900 posts
Posted: Wednesday, November 02, 2016 - 03:47 PM UTC
Eduard Overtrees are available through Sprue Bros - BF 109 in stock as of last night
simon64
_VISITCOMMUNITY
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 29 posts
AeroScale: 23 posts
Posted: Thursday, November 03, 2016 - 07:22 PM UTC
Thanks one & all for enlightening me. Intresting idea, as several of you have said time to visit the web site
 _GOTOTOP