Hosted by Rowan Baylis
Galland Bf109 F-2
greif8
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Bayern, Germany
KitMaker: 673 posts
AeroScale: 492 posts
Posted: Friday, March 08, 2019 - 09:10 PM UTC
Hi guys it was been a while since I last posted. I had a very productive winter with builds, but was too lazy to setup my photo equipment to take pictures. At any rate here is my first build of 2019, which I actually finished a month ago and just got around to take photos of - lazy again!

The kit was Hasegawa's 1/32 Galland Special and I built it to resemble an F-2. I did not weather the aircraft heavily using the logic that since Galland was both the Geschwader Kommodore of JG26 and one of the Luftwaffe's leading aces at the time the build represents, his aircraft would have been kept in excellent condition.

I used the Aires cockpit set and HGW seatbelts but the rest of the kit is oob. The build turned out fairly well and the Galland figure turned out pretty good, so overall I am satisfied with this effort. That being said please feel free to make any comments on things you see that could be improved as I value the opinions of the skilled builders here.

Enjoy,
Ernest

IMG_1062 by Ernest Roth, on Flickr

IMG_1072 by Ernest Roth, on Flickr

IMG_1065 by Ernest Roth, on Flickr

IMG_1067 by Ernest Roth, on Flickr

IMG_1068 by Ernest Roth, on Flickr

IMG_1045 by Ernest Roth, on Flickr

IMG_1038 by Ernest Roth, on Flickr

IMG_1039 by Ernest Roth, on Flickr

IMG_1034 by Ernest Roth, on Flickr
GazzaS
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Queensland, Australia
KitMaker: 4,648 posts
AeroScale: 1,938 posts
Posted: Friday, March 08, 2019 - 09:20 PM UTC
Very, very nice!
BlackWidow
_VISITCOMMUNITY
European Union
KitMaker: 1,732 posts
AeroScale: 1,336 posts
Posted: Saturday, March 09, 2019 - 12:19 AM UTC
Well done, Ernest! I like espcially that there is not much weathering on the model, which is often overdone in my opinion. But that's everyone's personal taste.

Torsten
Jessie_C
_VISITCOMMUNITY
British Columbia, Canada
KitMaker: 6,965 posts
AeroScale: 6,247 posts
Posted: Saturday, March 09, 2019 - 06:12 AM UTC
When the flaps were selected down, the radiator doors moved with them, thereby effectively enlarging the flap area. If it's not too late, a little surgery to the radiator doors will improve an already impressive model
 _GOTOTOP