_GOTOBOTTOM
General Aircraft
This forum is for general aircraft modelling discussions.
Shizuoka Cancelled
SgtRam
Staff MemberEditor-at-Large
AEROSCALE
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 3,971 posts
AeroScale: 511 posts
Posted: Friday, February 28, 2020 - 09:38 AM UTC
It seems the Corona Virus is having an impact on modeling. I have heard of some companies saying there will be delays in scheduled releases and now, from Tamiya, the Shizuoka Hobby Show has been cancelled for this year.

Kevlar06
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Washington, United States
KitMaker: 3,670 posts
AeroScale: 833 posts
Posted: Friday, February 28, 2020 - 10:31 AM UTC
I suspect this won’t be the only impact. I just heard an ABC news report on Wall Street, and one of the big issues is the impact on the transportation grid between Asia and the rest of the world— and they weren’t talking about airlines, but the shipping industry. The report concluded there’s already been a slowdown in shipping between ports, which will eventually impact the entire retail industry (I think that includes hobby products).
VR, Russ
BlackWidow
_VISITCOMMUNITY
European Union
KitMaker: 1,732 posts
AeroScale: 1,336 posts
Posted: Friday, February 28, 2020 - 10:33 AM UTC
It has an impact on everything, Kevin!

In Switzerland the government has forbidden every event with more than 1000 spectators until mid March, which means no football matches, no ice hockey matches, etc .... It won't take long and we have that also here in Germany. Everything is less important than health.
Tojo72
_VISITCOMMUNITY
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 4,691 posts
AeroScale: 238 posts
Posted: Friday, February 28, 2020 - 11:07 AM UTC
They are actually talking about canceling the Olympics in Japan this summer,now that's big.Getting seroius.
 _GOTOTOP