_GOTOBOTTOM
World War II
Discuss WWII and the era directly before and after the war from 1935-1949.
Hosted by Rowan Baylis
News
ICM: WASP Figures April Release
litespeed
Staff MemberNews Reporter
AEROSCALE
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - North West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 1,976 posts
AeroScale: 1,789 posts
Posted: Wednesday, April 01, 2020 - 11:31 PM UTC

ICM Holding is to release a set of three US WASP figures from WWII in 1/32 scale

Read the Full News Story

If you have comments or questions please post them here.

Thanks!
Merlin
Staff MemberSenior Editor
AEROSCALE
_VISITCOMMUNITY
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 17,582 posts
AeroScale: 12,795 posts
Posted: Thursday, April 02, 2020 - 09:04 AM UTC
Hi there

It's great to see women pilots finally recognised in kit form for the crucial role they played during WWII. Hopefully there'll be a follow-up set depicting the ATA. All being well, we'll see this set in smaller scales too.

All the best

Rowan
BlackWidow
_VISITCOMMUNITY
European Union
KitMaker: 1,732 posts
AeroScale: 1,336 posts
Posted: Friday, April 03, 2020 - 12:43 AM UTC
I second Rowan's words. It's great to see some figures of female ferry pilots, but for me please in quarterscale sooner or later.

If you could see my table on model expos you would know that I'm really into this matter.

Here WASP "Bomber Lady" Shirley Slade, who flew B-26 Marauders and if I'm not mistaken also the B-29. Hats off to her!

But as Rowan said, I would also like to see some BATA "Spitfire Ladies" and maybe even the most well known of them all. Thumbs up for your super cool sun glasses, Maureen Dunlop!

With all this enthusiasm for WASP and BATA women, please don't forget the german female ferry pilots, like Vera von Bissing or Beate Uhse, whose job was as hard as on the other side ....
 _GOTOTOP