_GOTOBOTTOM
World War II
Discuss WWII and the era directly before and after the war from 1935-1949.
Hosted by Rowan Baylis
Bf 109 G-10 ERLA Build
litespeed
Staff MemberNews Reporter
AEROSCALE
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - North West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 1,976 posts
AeroScale: 1,789 posts
Posted: Friday, June 12, 2020 - 08:05 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Comes along nicely, Tim. That aluminium underside looks quite unusual. How did you solve that problem with Klear you had?

After re applying the Vallejo Aluminium I sprayed a couple of coats of Vallejo gloss varnish [70.510] over the aluminium. I thinned the varnish a little with Vallejo thinner as it seemed a little on the thick side to me for the airbrush. Its a good gloss finish for applying the decals. Once the decals were applied I re-coated the model with Kleer including the aluminium areas without any problem.

Thanks for the tip for the spinner spiral masks the spinner Torsten. I will be ordering a set
litespeed
Staff MemberNews Reporter
AEROSCALE
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - North West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 1,976 posts
AeroScale: 1,789 posts
Posted: Sunday, June 14, 2020 - 05:17 AM UTC
Right I'm calling this build completed, just needed to add the areials and pitot tube. The masking tape came off the canopy and happily there seems to be no damage inside after me dropping the model. Its been great fun and one of the easiest kits to put together. Highly recommended. Hope you enjoyed the build log
Apologies for the images coming and going. I was using the Kitmaker gallery, but the gallery seems to have become something of an enigma recently.
tim

_GOTOTOP