Hosted by Rowan Baylis
Verlinden Bf-110 update
leoasman
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Alabama, United States
KitMaker: 2 posts
AeroScale: 0 posts
Posted: Tuesday, September 14, 2004 - 05:38 AM UTC
I am back into the hobby after about a ten year absence and as my first model, I've chosen the ProModeler BF-110 G-4. I also purchased the Verlinden update set. Unfortunately the instruction sheet for the update set is very lacking. I have no idea where some of the resin and photo etched parts are supposed to go. Does anyone have any experience with this?
cfbush2000
_VISITCOMMUNITY
North Dakota, United States
KitMaker: 1,796 posts
AeroScale: 69 posts
Posted: Tuesday, September 14, 2004 - 08:17 AM UTC
I'm afraid I haven't. But you will find the instructions in many update kits to be lacking.
Welcome to Armorama!
I'm sure one of the aircraft guys will answer soon.
Chuck
USArmy2534
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Indiana, United States
KitMaker: 2,716 posts
AeroScale: 246 posts
Posted: Tuesday, September 14, 2004 - 11:56 AM UTC
Sorry. I will say A: welcome to Armorama. We tend to have more knowledge than this. B: Try photographing some of the parts and maybe some of the wingies (sorry guys) can ID them for you.

Jeff
steeldog51
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 1,114 posts
Posted: Tuesday, September 14, 2004 - 04:29 PM UTC

Quoted Text

I am back into the hobby after about a ten year absence and as my first model, I've chosen the ProModeler BF-110 G-4. I also purchased the Verlinden update set. Unfortunately the instruction sheet for the update set is very lacking. I have no idea where some of the resin and photo etched parts are supposed to go. Does anyone have any experience with this?

Hi mate! now i havent either but i have built practically all the verlinden updates all excetp this one! i hive howeverbuilt 5 BF-110 in the past so i think i might be able to help you?
i also have tons of reference on it also!
so if you like tell me what you need to know !
welcome to armorama! all the best K
Holdfast
Staff MemberPresident
IPMS-UK KITMAKER BRANCH
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - South West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 8,581 posts
AeroScale: 4,913 posts
Posted: Wednesday, September 15, 2004 - 01:42 AM UTC
Hi leoasman, welcome to Armorama
I've built the G-2 version, but haven't used any update sets for it. Would it be possible to post some pics of the parts? You have 3mb of gallery space. Might then be able to help. I'm also interested in the update set, because I have the G-4 as well.
Mal
antoniazzip
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Aragua, Venezuela
KitMaker: 158 posts
Posted: Wednesday, September 15, 2004 - 07:14 PM UTC
Hi partner, :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) I have that same kit and I can help you just tell me the part number.

Greetings and all best.
leoasman
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Alabama, United States
KitMaker: 2 posts
Posted: Wednesday, September 15, 2004 - 09:31 PM UTC
I'm not at home now, so I don't have specific part numbers, but did you have any problems with flaps and slats. They seem too big and bulky to fit the promodler kit. Also what is the copper wire for specifically?
antoniazzip
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Aragua, Venezuela
KitMaker: 158 posts
Posted: Thursday, September 16, 2004 - 06:54 PM UTC
The resins always have many possibilities not to enter well inside the kits, at this time it happened to me with a cockpit set of Verlinden for a P-51B I had to make some cuts and to sand enough, in this kit in particular have to sand both parts of the flaps and the biggest problem you found it to the moment to adapt the nouse it is something big with relationship to the promodel kit.

Don't I understand that of the copper wire it will be that you Need to know that type or wire measure need for the antennas?

All best.
 _GOTOTOP