_GOTOBOTTOM
General Aircraft
This forum is for general aircraft modelling discussions.
2/jg27 north africa bf109e pics????
Wad_ware
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Illinois, United States
KitMaker: 537 posts
AeroScale: 437 posts
Posted: Saturday, September 25, 2004 - 10:04 AM UTC
Hi all,
I am on a search for some really good pics of a Bf109E from 2/jg27 north africa. I just happened to be looking around squadron and found a Hasegawa 1/32nd kit that has a paint scheme I love and would like to put on my 109.
I have had absolutely no luck at all in finding any good pics for reference to paint this. Squadron won't let you copy and paste pics so here is a link to the page for the kit to look at it.
http://www.squadron.com/ItemDetails.asp?item=HE08136
Does anyone have some good pics or reference for this scheme? Any help very much appreciated.

UPDATED: I finally found a pic on the internet that I could use to post here to make it easier to check out.

Thanks,
Wayne
TsunamiBomb
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Arizona, United States
KitMaker: 1,447 posts
AeroScale: 0 posts
Posted: Saturday, September 25, 2004 - 10:40 AM UTC
you just said you have the paint scheme you want, and the plane didnt you? if your really desperate, type in bf-109 afrika pics into google
brandydoguk
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - North, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 1,495 posts
AeroScale: 643 posts
Posted: Saturday, September 25, 2004 - 02:44 PM UTC
Hi Wayne,

I found the following info from a Cutting Edge 1/48 decal sheet.
This plane has RLM 70 and RLM 71 greens on the on top of it's wings and fuselage and RLM 02 and RLM 65 on the fuselage sides with RLM 70 Tiger stripes on the side of the fuselage. The underside is RLM 65 blue. The theatre band on the rear of the fuselage is white. Engine cowl is RLM 70 and the engine chin cowl is RLM 65 blue. The prop spinner is RLM 70 green. For markings this plane is "Black 3" with squadron artwork on the engine cowl.

Wad_ware
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Illinois, United States
Posted: Saturday, September 25, 2004 - 07:51 PM UTC
Thanks guys,
I had tried all kinds of combinations on Google for pics but couldn't find that one particular paint scheme.
Thanks Martin, That really helps me out.

Wayne
steeldog51
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 1,114 posts
Posted: Saturday, September 25, 2004 - 09:29 PM UTC
Wayne thats a very interesting scheme!
i love it!
good luck mate
Wad_ware
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Illinois, United States
Posted: Saturday, September 25, 2004 - 09:41 PM UTC
That scheme really caught my eye when I saw the pic on Squadron. That will be a lot of fun to paint on the 109.
I am also thinking about doing something really crazy too. I have been all ready thinking of doing a fantasy/what-if Africa scheme on my ME-262.
That scheme would look cool as heck on that.
TOTALLY unauthentic in every way shape and form but that would be one neat looking 262.
steeldog51
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Posted: Saturday, September 25, 2004 - 09:44 PM UTC
wayne sorry i didnt answer your question ! (what a dumb ass) sory mate! heres what i know it was used on a 109 e4 trop out of libya
colours used were RML70 AND RLM 71 greens on the upper surfaces and RLM 02 and RLM 65 on the side of the fuselage
,the lower surfaces being painted RLM 65 ,the tiger stripingon the sides of the fuslage are RLM70 GREEN
Iknoe cutting edge do this colourscheme for 1/48 the set is CED 48216
I built it for a customer a while
back
thier instruction sheet gives the complete camo layout

steeldog51
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Posted: Saturday, September 25, 2004 - 09:46 PM UTC

Quoted Text

@:) That scheme really caught my eye when I saw the pic on Squadron. That will be a lot of fun to paint on the 109.
I am also thinking about really doing something really crazy too. I have been all ready thinking of doing a fantasy/what-if Africa scheme on my ME-262.
That scheme would look cool as heck on that.
TOTALLY unauthentic in every way shape and form but that would be one neat looking 262.

Yeah i though that too i have an antares "lorin" conversion with the huge turbo jets on top of the wings and the standard engines below!
a mean looking ship!
that in sandgelb would be ace!
 _GOTOTOP