_GOTOBOTTOM
Pre-Flight Check
Constructive critique of your finished or in-progress photos.
Enter The Dragon, finished "THE HUFF"
Raptor01
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Oklahoma, United States
KitMaker: 17 posts
AeroScale: 11 posts
Posted: Friday, November 12, 2004 - 06:24 AM UTC
Finished the F-86 finally, with the slightly darker wing box section, granted this section oxidized faster than other sections, but I have seen other hues than the ashy gray, anyhoo here is "THE HUFF". Now I have to make a base for my MiG-15.

steeldog51
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 1,114 posts
AeroScale: 0 posts
Posted: Friday, November 12, 2004 - 07:06 AM UTC
Wow John no worries there mate ! given the fact its finished in natural metal instantly makes it 1000% better than i could do!
(never did have much luck with this process)
the only critisism (i hate that word) the only comment i will make is it appears that the tail check pattern has bled under the masking tape ?
it could be the image ? beautiful job any how mate ! fantastic!
SSgt1Shot
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Kentucky, United States
KitMaker: 535 posts
Posted: Saturday, December 04, 2004 - 05:05 PM UTC
Looks good but I must agree as much as it pains me ... the checkered board is a little rough. Looks freehanded .. but other than that one very slight thing ... looks great!!!
Raptor01
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Oklahoma, United States
KitMaker: 17 posts
AeroScale: 11 posts
Posted: Monday, December 06, 2004 - 05:38 AM UTC
Thanx for the compliments. The checkerboard on The Huff was in fact rough on the edges, there are some pictures in the book MiG Alley that show some Sabres of the 51FIW with a rough checkerboard and one of them is The Huff / FU-897. The Checkerboard is from the Hasegawa decal Sheet, the Cutting Edge sheet that was used for some of the other decals gives you hard edge checkers and instructions to airbrush the soft edges on after application. The kit supplied checkerboard was a very good decal so I thought I'd save time and use it.
steeldog51
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 1,114 posts
Posted: Monday, December 06, 2004 - 09:21 AM UTC
Wow o.k. then mate it just shows my almost non existant aviation history knowledge
in that case hats off to you mate
then i really cant fault it on anything
,if you pick out the panel lines it may just give them more lift ? thats just preference though stunning job mate !
 _GOTOTOP