_GOTOBOTTOM
General Aircraft
This forum is for general aircraft modelling discussions.
Scale radial engine
SkyWrench
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 60 posts
AeroScale: 0 posts
Posted: Wednesday, December 08, 2004 - 01:17 PM UTC
Hello all,
I have a buddy at work who is building a large Beech Staggerwing(yes I know it is civilian, and we know have a forum for that, I apologize if any one doesn't think this is the right area). It started out as a RC plane, but he has no plans to fly it and wants it as a static display only.
It is a large scale(I think he said the plans said 1 3/4 in.= 1 ft. I think). Anywho, he is looking for a scale radial engine to go in this monster. I really don't work in huge scale (and am just getting back in to the game) so I figured I would ask the wise sages here on the board.
If anybody knows of a place or plans to scratchbuild or something it would be greatly appreciated.
Sabot
KitMaker: 12,596 posts
AeroScale: 287 posts
Posted: Wednesday, December 08, 2004 - 01:36 PM UTC
Williams Bros. makes large scale static rotary engines. They do them in 1/32 scale for just this purpose.

Go to http://www.greatmodels.com/ and use the cross reference feature. Choose "aircraft accessories" then "williams bros." as the manufacturer. Their 1/32, 1/5, 1/6 and 1/8 scale engines will appear.
Grumpyoldman
Staff Member_ADVISOR
KITMAKER NETWORK
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 15,338 posts
AeroScale: 836 posts
Posted: Wednesday, December 08, 2004 - 03:10 PM UTC
Grab your Williams Brothers kits while you can..... they have gone out of business.
SkyWrench
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Colorado, United States
Posted: Wednesday, December 08, 2004 - 03:50 PM UTC
That was my next question, I saw that on their website. So, basically when their products are gone they are gone then, eh?
SkyWrench
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Colorado, United States
Posted: Wednesday, December 08, 2004 - 03:52 PM UTC
Thanks for the replies fellas.
 _GOTOTOP