_GOTOBOTTOM
General Aircraft
This forum is for general aircraft modelling discussions.
New AIRCRAFT Managing Editor!
staff_Jim
Staff MemberPublisher
KITMAKER NETWORK
_VISITCOMMUNITY
New Hampshire, United States
KitMaker: 12,571 posts
AeroScale: 510 posts
Posted: Friday, March 04, 2005 - 10:14 AM UTC
I am pleased to announce that Rowan Baylis (Merlin) is going to move into this position (even though he has been doing it without the title for many months now). With Bryan's long absence from the site and his inference to me that it might be a long while before he can get back here on any regular basis, I decided to give Rowan the head-A/C-honcho title. Rowan and I are both very determined to keep growing our A/C community on Armorama and build on the great work that Bryan did in the first years of the site. Bryan will remain listed as an A/C Editor and a position is always here for him when he's able to return.

I think Rowan is interested in forming a bit more of a "team" as we have with the other areas of the site. If you are into aircraft and have the needed photo editing and basic HTML skills (and the time to help out), we would be interested in hearing from you. Please direct your inquiries to Rowan.

Thanks Rowan for all the hard work!

Jim
OllieC-FWOL
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Quebec, Canada
KitMaker: 446 posts
AeroScale: 0 posts
Posted: Friday, March 04, 2005 - 10:23 AM UTC
Congrats Rowan!

Grumpyoldman
Staff Member_ADVISOR
KITMAKER NETWORK
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 15,338 posts
AeroScale: 836 posts
Posted: Friday, March 04, 2005 - 10:40 AM UTC
DOH.... I always thought he was...... :-) :-) :-)
Congrats on the bump up Merlin.....
steeldog51
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 1,114 posts
AeroScale: 0 posts
Posted: Friday, March 04, 2005 - 10:45 AM UTC
Yay for Rowan no nicer chap for the job congrats K
Holdfast
Staff MemberPresident
IPMS-UK KITMAKER BRANCH
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - South West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 8,581 posts
AeroScale: 4,913 posts
Posted: Friday, March 04, 2005 - 09:40 PM UTC
Nice one Jim, Rowan has certainly made a difference, I don't know how he finds the time. I want to help out here but it is time that is against me. I know Rowan has not been able to do any modelling because of the the time he puts in on the editing side, I can't give that up cos I have a loads more articles to write. I do want to give more to the site so if there is anything I can do I'm open to suggestions.
Mal
Merlin
Staff MemberSenior Editor
AEROSCALE
_VISITCOMMUNITY
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 17,582 posts
AeroScale: 12,795 posts
Posted: Saturday, March 05, 2005 - 12:53 AM UTC
Cheers Guys

Editing in Aircraft has only increased my admiration for Bryan - the sheer amount of work he put in to get our section up and running is amazing and, of course, he STILL managed to find time to carry on building some superb models!

Bryan's continued absence has left an enormous hole at the heart of Armorama and I'm sure you'll all join me in wishing him back as soon as possible.

In the meantime, I'll do my best to live up to his legacy and, as Jim says, try to expand on the work Bryan started.

All the best

Rowan
 _GOTOTOP