Hosted by Rowan Baylis
He 162 A-2 Reference
rv1963
_VISITCOMMUNITY
New York, United States
KitMaker: 1,888 posts
AeroScale: 39 posts
Posted: Friday, March 04, 2005 - 02:34 PM UTC
I just picked up Revell's Salamander kit, it will be my first aircraft kit in about 3 years and i have been looking for some reference pictures on it haven't had any luck i need 1or 2 pics of the cockpit and maybe the engine, i am not a rivet counter just want to do some minor upgrades from scratch, any help would be great.
jetprovost
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - North East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 111 posts
AeroScale: 0 posts
Posted: Friday, March 04, 2005 - 09:13 PM UTC
Try this site. It has a couple of cockpit shots, one in colour and one in black & white.
http://www.pilotenbunker.de/Jagdflieger/Luftwaffe/Schmitt_Rudolf/schmitt_rudolf.htm

Harri
Holdfast
Staff MemberPresident
IPMS-UK KITMAKER BRANCH
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - South West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 8,581 posts
AeroScale: 4,913 posts
Posted: Friday, March 04, 2005 - 09:44 PM UTC
I've turned the link into a clickable one
Salamander
Mal
Edit: Nice pics Harri, Ta.
steeldog51
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 1,114 posts
Posted: Friday, March 04, 2005 - 10:11 PM UTC
I have the Aerodetail publiction it covers the entire airframe unfortunatley the cockpit shots are not too great ,the conapy on this particular specimen being closed the link Harri gave you is about as good as you will find I believe ,although if you need any other refernce pictures please just ask i'd be happy to scan the pages and e-mail them to you ! K
procrazzy
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - South East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 359 posts
Posted: Saturday, March 05, 2005 - 02:14 AM UTC
Did those things ever go operational?

cheers

Philip
rv1963
_VISITCOMMUNITY
New York, United States
Posted: Saturday, March 05, 2005 - 03:10 AM UTC
Thanks for the link that will help, Procrazzy as far as i know they did fly and some units had them and at least one kill, but that could be hard to prove. Kenaza few pics of the engine and cockpit closed or not would be great you can send them to my work e-mail, must be 5 megs or smaller my home e-mail doesn't always work so good, take your time i am in no hurry, thanks alot for the help.

[email protected]
Hoovie
_VISITCOMMUNITY
California, United States
KitMaker: 505 posts
AeroScale: 58 posts
Posted: Saturday, March 05, 2005 - 03:27 AM UTC
Hi~
Not really but we have one here in Chino
California!
Ron
Hoovie
_VISITCOMMUNITY
California, United States
KitMaker: 505 posts
AeroScale: 58 posts
Posted: Saturday, March 05, 2005 - 03:48 AM UTC
here are 2!!
http://hsfeatures.com/features04/he162sp_1.htm
and
http://forum.largescaleplanes.com/index.php?act=ST&f=4&t=5244&s=0e4a8c64d1d9e0df5fbfbf25ccbcd145

LSP planes and HS very good stuff!
Ron
steeldog51
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 1,114 posts
Posted: Saturday, March 05, 2005 - 03:49 AM UTC
O.k. RV photos will be on thier way soon i'll keep them compact and i'll do the whole section studying the forward fuslage cockpit etc...
rv1963
_VISITCOMMUNITY
New York, United States
Posted: Saturday, March 05, 2005 - 04:47 AM UTC
Thanks for the Links Ron i will print a few out for fererence, thanks Kenaz as i said take your time i want to do a nice bulid on this kit you can also stuff the files if you want i should have no trouble opening them, Armorama is great you can always count on someone to give a helping hand thanks alot guys. I wil post some in progress shots as i go.
Ian2
_VISITCOMMUNITY
KitMaker: 97 posts
Posted: Wednesday, March 23, 2005 - 01:56 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Hi~
Not really but we have one here in Chino
California!
Ron

It's remarkable how many examples of this aircraft still exist; possibly because the Allies wanted to evaluate new types of German aeronautical technology. I think here in the UK there are at least two - one in the Imperial War Museum, the other I think is at RAF Cosford, though it could have been moved to another museum. The Musee de l'Air in Paris has one as well.
Sabot
KitMaker: 12,596 posts
AeroScale: 287 posts
Posted: Wednesday, March 23, 2005 - 02:24 AM UTC
Thanks for all the links. I just found out I have one of these kits (was going through my entire stash of models). It is one of my only two DML aircraft (the other being a P-38M). Great references for a neat looking jet.
Ian2
_VISITCOMMUNITY
KitMaker: 97 posts
Posted: Wednesday, October 26, 2005 - 07:34 PM UTC

Quoted Text

I just picked up Revell's Salamander kit, it will be my first aircraft kit in about 3 years and i have been looking for some reference pictures on it haven't had any luck i need 1or 2 pics of the cockpit and maybe the engine, i am not a rivet counter just want to do some minor upgrades from scratch, any help would be great.

There is a new publication from the Tamiya magazine stable, called Model Airplane International - the layout is virtually identical to the Tamiya magazine, so should easily be found in your local model shop or newsstand. The October 2005 issue has a feature on the He 162, including colour photos of the cockpit in the example in the Smithsonian Institute (another surviving a/c to go with the others mentioned on this thread). The machine is unrestored, so the colours are all original, though possibly having suffered aging in the last 60 years.

The article also has some excellent colour profiles by Richard Caruana, featuring the best known 162s and in one case (White 5) a plan view showing the two colour scheme on the nacelle, stbd wing and horizontal stabilizer.

The mag should still be available if you look around or you could order a back issue from the publishers.
moJimbo
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Shah Alam, Malaysia
KitMaker: 986 posts
AeroScale: 32 posts
Posted: Wednesday, October 26, 2005 - 07:48 PM UTC
.... for aircraft, you can't beat Aircraft Resource Center ... click at this address:
http://www.aircraftresourcecenter.com/

once in, go to search and type heinkel 162... they got some walkaround pics and pics of finished models..

good luck!
 _GOTOTOP