_GOTOBOTTOM
General Aircraft
This forum is for general aircraft modelling discussions.
What's up with the Air over the Sea Campaign?
PolarBear
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Västra Götaland, Sweden
KitMaker: 820 posts
AeroScale: 629 posts
Posted: Saturday, June 11, 2005 - 12:56 AM UTC
Hi, I'm working hard on my Swedish SAAB S 17BS, which I started as an entry in the Air over the Sea Campaign. The campaign is supposed to end pretty soon (June 15th), but I can't find any discussion forum, any result post, any photo album or anyting else for that matter. Does anyone know? - Am I just looking in the wrong place?

Since I have quite some work left on my entry, it would be nice to know if the Campaign is on (i.e. if I should be working on the modell the whole weekend or if I can be outside in the sun. )

Below a pic of the seabird in progress... By the end of WWII, they were painted in U-boat colour (a very blackish green).

Cheers!
bf443
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Idaho, United States
KitMaker: 895 posts
AeroScale: 457 posts
Posted: Saturday, June 11, 2005 - 03:20 AM UTC
Polar Bear,

I think there is so many builds going on that there was no space to dedicate a direct link like other campaigns. Anyway all you need to do is just post your work here and mention it is 'Air over the Sea' several people myself included have posted pictures of our aircraft. Unfortunately they are kinda scattered within all the other topics under aircraft. The group leader MAR seems to have vanished, nobody to the best of my knowledge has heard from him since February. Not to worry the people that administer this site know of this and are taking care of it.
For some encouragement here is a picture of the Hellcat I built for the camapaign.

Cheers

Brian
Holdfast
Staff MemberPresident
IPMS-UK KITMAKER BRANCH
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - South West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 8,581 posts
AeroScale: 4,913 posts
Posted: Saturday, June 11, 2005 - 04:10 AM UTC
Try sending "MAR" (Mike Roderick) a PM (MAR) He's the campagn leader.
Mal
betheyn
Staff MemberSenior Editor
AEROSCALE
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - South East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 4,560 posts
AeroScale: 2,225 posts
Posted: Saturday, June 11, 2005 - 06:50 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Try sending "MAR" (Mike Roderick) a PM (MAR) He's the campagn leader.
Mal

I did that about a week ago, but stil no reply. I think he has dissappeared . I P.M him reguarding my entry which is a Aichi M6A1Seiran. The problem is that its not a carrier-bourne aircraft but takes off from a sub. So would this be allowed as it technically still takes off from a boat ( also didn't read the campaign profile properly, DOH :-) )
bf443
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Idaho, United States
KitMaker: 895 posts
AeroScale: 457 posts
Posted: Saturday, June 11, 2005 - 08:25 AM UTC
Hi Andy,

Mar has been M.I.A. since February 14-15th of this year (according to his profile) and has not responded to any emails I sent him. Jim Lewis (Gun Truck) is aware of the situation.

Brian
PolarBear
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Västra Götaland, Sweden
Posted: Saturday, June 11, 2005 - 09:29 AM UTC
Thanks for all the info guys. I'll try to finish in time, anyhow.

betheyn
AEROSCALE
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Posted: Saturday, June 11, 2005 - 09:42 AM UTC
Thanks for info guys. At least i know whats going on now.
There's some good aircraft that have been completed allready, hopefully mine will join in the next day or two.
DaveCox
_VISITCOMMUNITY
KitMaker: 4,307 posts
AeroScale: 272 posts
Posted: Saturday, June 11, 2005 - 09:44 AM UTC
My Wyvern is in paint at the moment -still hoping to complete on time.
goldwizard
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 128 posts
AeroScale: 0 posts
Posted: Sunday, June 12, 2005 - 01:19 AM UTC
My Aichi D3A1 Val is almost finished.
PolarBear
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Västra Götaland, Sweden
Posted: Sunday, June 12, 2005 - 11:49 AM UTC
Looks like some activity is going on!

I've spent some of the weekend weathering, chipping and decaling... I'm rather new to the hobby, so it was my first chipping. The main surface affected was the wing area were crew and pilots climed.

Who knows, maybe I'll make it in time...

Cheers!!
Gaucho
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Rio Grande do Sul, Brazil
KitMaker: 416 posts
AeroScale: 55 posts
Posted: Tuesday, June 14, 2005 - 12:11 AM UTC
Great!
I also was looking for something about that campaign.
Since there is nothing more thereabout, I'll post my entry here too, Ok?
Andy, my vote is so that your Aichi M6A1Seiran can participate in this campaign (I'm crazy to see it. I already built one, a year ago). :-)
Well, here is my Zero Fighter Type 11.

betheyn
AEROSCALE
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Posted: Tuesday, June 14, 2005 - 05:13 AM UTC
This is my entry for the Air over sea campaign a Nakajima B5N2 "Kate" . This was my original entry, then i changed my mind to do a Aichi M6A1Seiran which went completly wrong at the final hurdle, see for details https://armorama.kitmaker.net/forums/53217&page=1 .
I have spent most of last night and today finishing this model for the campaign. The interior was mostly done so it was the exterior i had to finish. Now for a well earned rest in front of the idiot box :-).
Thanks Andy

Sorry for the bad photos, its starting to get dark.
DaveCox
_VISITCOMMUNITY
KitMaker: 4,307 posts
AeroScale: 272 posts
Posted: Tuesday, June 14, 2005 - 08:17 AM UTC
As this appears to have become the 'official' thread for this campaign I'll post the Wyvern here too!

PolarBear
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Västra Götaland, Sweden
Posted: Tuesday, June 14, 2005 - 09:15 AM UTC
My entry; A Swedish Saab S 17BS is in for some service on a warm summer's day in 1945. The drafted mechanics are taking a break, and one of them decides to try out the water.

To be honest, there is some more work to do with the diorama (the water shall rise almost 1 more cm + small waves shall be added), but since the "Realistic water" takes ages (approx. 2 mm a day) I will not be able to finish it "in time". There is also some detail to be added to the plane and figures (antennas, clothing, tools etc), and maybe some additional weathering.

Since I'm new o the game (this is my 7th model in modern times) I was really hoping for an award ribbon, but I guess that's out of the question, eh?

The model is the Marivox kit in 1/72. The sitting figures are CMK submarine guys. The swimmer is a somewhat converted Italeri Zulu warrior(!).

Cheers!!!
KitMaker: 4,303 posts
AeroScale: 0 posts
Posted: Tuesday, June 14, 2005 - 07:48 PM UTC
Polar Bear, I like your plane very much but I had a great LOL for that swimming guy! Nice detail!

This was my entry: Fairey Seafox, 1:72 Matchbox kit, very straight OOB actually. Water is from Fimo clay, painted and vernished. More pictures in my gallery.
Since the campaign is extended, perhaps a second entry will follow..

PAUL
 _GOTOTOP