_GOTOBOTTOM
General Aircraft
This forum is for general aircraft modelling discussions.
Kitbox.fr website
TedMamere
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Moselle, France
KitMaker: 5,653 posts
AeroScale: 4,347 posts
Posted: Wednesday, August 24, 2005 - 07:50 PM UTC
Hi All!

I just launched my personal 1/48 aircraft models website... Any comments, dead link reports or other tips are welcome!

I made the site to show my models of course, but also to use it as a tool for the forums. I also hope it will help me save some space in my gallery!

You can click on the banner below or go to:
http://kitbox.fr.free.fr/Index.html

Thanks for reading!

Jean-Luc
flitzer
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - North West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 2,240 posts
AeroScale: 743 posts
Posted: Wednesday, August 24, 2005 - 08:00 PM UTC
Hi Jean Luc
Very nice...

I really like the way you've used a combination of world map and a time line for the links to the models.

:-) Maybe we'll see a few more in the future under the 1946 :-)

Cheers
Peter

:-)
fbuis
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Ain, France
KitMaker: 447 posts
AeroScale: 0 posts
Posted: Wednesday, August 24, 2005 - 08:06 PM UTC
Jean-Luc,

Nice website!

Only WW2 aircraft?

I bookmarked your website in my favorites.

François
Grumpyoldman
Staff Member_ADVISOR
KITMAKER NETWORK
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 15,338 posts
AeroScale: 836 posts
Posted: Wednesday, August 24, 2005 - 10:22 PM UTC
Nice site, looking forward to seeing it updated regularly..... You do nice work.
archerwin
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Luzon, Philippines
KitMaker: 106 posts
Posted: Thursday, August 25, 2005 - 12:32 AM UTC
Hi! I like the concept of your website... very different from the usual modelling site...

thanks for sharing...
skipper
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Lisboa, Portugal
KitMaker: 5,182 posts
AeroScale: 22 posts
Posted: Thursday, August 25, 2005 - 12:54 AM UTC
Allô Jean-Luc

For starters I reaaaally like the "à lá Matchbox" look of the Logo! Really cool and neat - and after reading the "About Me" page I understand why
By the way, we are of the same age (also born in 1967), and I also built every Matchbox (armour) model :-)

The way you present the main menu looks very cool and retro, my one "complaint" is on the pages where you don't have content, perhaps a smaller note, instead of the big square - the message is fun, dough!

Content pages look unique, thanks to the different and associated area backgrounds - nice touch!
I had a lot of fun browsing your site
Congratulations Jean-Luc!!!

Peter (Flitzer), if you go to the "By Years" page, you will have a surprise

Skipper

EDIT: I forgot to mention how courageous you are in attacking the Bugatti project
Merlin
Staff MemberSenior Editor
AEROSCALE
_VISITCOMMUNITY
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 17,582 posts
AeroScale: 12,795 posts
Posted: Thursday, August 25, 2005 - 01:29 AM UTC
Hi Jean-Luc

You're a silver A-Guard and you're worried about your Gallery space already! That's a sure sign of the enormous contribution you've made to Armorama since you joined!

Your web-site looks great! I love the style and didn't find any bad links.

I agree with Rui about the square - maybe a radar screen would be fun with the "no aircraft spotted" message.

All the best

Rowan
betheyn
Staff MemberSenior Editor
AEROSCALE
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - South East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 4,560 posts
AeroScale: 2,225 posts
Posted: Thursday, August 25, 2005 - 01:35 AM UTC
A well thought out and constructed website. Planes are'nt bad either, even though you could do with some more Japanese aircraft :-).
Well done Jean-Luc. I have saved it to my favorites, so keep updating it please.
Thanks Andy.
shonen_red
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Metro Manila, Philippines
KitMaker: 5,762 posts
AeroScale: 543 posts
Posted: Thursday, August 25, 2005 - 01:49 AM UTC
I like it! Very interactive.
KitMaker: 4,303 posts
Posted: Thursday, August 25, 2005 - 01:58 AM UTC
Jean Luc,

Well done! I visited yesterday evening and I find it very beautifull and smartly constructed. It breath a WW2 HQ athmosphere. Something whole different website than the standard.
The most important: planes are gorgeous.
And I follow Merlin in his statement about your enormous contribution to the Armorama site since you joined up in May.

What's the 39 in your banner stand for? Enlisted planes? (I like the Matchbox stripes: brings back memories!)

Paul
almonkey
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - East Midlands, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 2,124 posts
AeroScale: 788 posts
Posted: Thursday, August 25, 2005 - 04:44 AM UTC
thats an exellent site you've got going there mate! of course i went straight to the rata pics, its the first time ive seen it fully finished, also had a look at your tiger moth, because believe it or not im building an airfix 1/72 one for the two wings and a prayer campaign.
guess the names of the pilots, after they had settled their differences after the war!
TedMamere
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Moselle, France
KitMaker: 5,653 posts
AeroScale: 4,347 posts
Posted: Thursday, August 25, 2005 - 08:17 AM UTC
Hi all!

Thanks a lot for all your kind words! they are great reward for the time I spend getting the site online!

So no dead links? That's a good thing! For the updates... well, I have some ideas left... Thanks for the feedback about the Radar for the pages without content. I'll change that in the next update...

The number 39 is the number of kits I build so far. Everytime a new kit will be finished, the number will change. So every change will mean a new model is added!

In fact, I made 43 kits, but 4 are missing because they are "pre-airbrush" kits. I wanted to put only the best models I made and "forget" the first ones. But I decided to put them all, even those I'm not happy with. Maybe beginners can see that modelling is not something you learn in one day. I'm still (and will ever be) in the learning process and that's why I put the date of build for the models... I hope some progress is noticable! :-)

Well, enough talking, let's go back to the serious things!

Thank you again for taking some time to visit the site!

Jean-Luc

P.S. Rowan and Paul, I'm flattered by what you said, but I'm only trying to give back what Armorama gave me since I joined in!
Holdfast
Staff MemberPresident
IPMS-UK KITMAKER BRANCH
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - South West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 8,581 posts
AeroScale: 4,913 posts
Posted: Friday, August 26, 2005 - 07:43 AM UTC
Jean-Luc,
excellant site, unique and imaginative. I'll be back
Mal
 _GOTOTOP