_GOTOBOTTOM
Air Campaigns
Want to start or join a group build? This is where to start.
Medics Campaign Goose finished...
TedMamere
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Moselle, France
KitMaker: 5,653 posts
AeroScale: 4,347 posts
Posted: Thursday, September 22, 2005 - 03:58 AM UTC
Hi all!

For those who don't hang around the campaign forums, here are post some pics of my Signifer 1/48 Grumman JRF Goose in French EVASAN markings.

The full build thread can be found here

Was it an easy kit? No!
Was it a good kit? Yes!

I learned a lot during the building process of this kit and I would like to thank David Moulden (Tigercat) and Polarbear for their support! It was a lot more easier for me with your help guys!

Jean-Luc
Tigercat
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 216 posts
AeroScale: 0 posts
Posted: Thursday, September 22, 2005 - 04:18 AM UTC
Hi Jean-Luc
Your hard work paid off, congratulations on your superb Goose. Glad to have helped
Are you planing on doing any other French Indochina subjects?

David
jimbrae
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Provincia de Lugo, Spain / España
KitMaker: 12,927 posts
AeroScale: 291 posts
Posted: Thursday, September 22, 2005 - 04:23 AM UTC
Jean-Luc, that is a superb piece of work and as far as originality is concerned for the campaign - words fail me! I've always had a real soft spot for the Goose anyway and that kit has been intriguing me for a while now as well... Thanks for posting it!..Jim
skipper
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Lisboa, Portugal
KitMaker: 5,182 posts
AeroScale: 22 posts
Posted: Thursday, September 22, 2005 - 05:54 AM UTC
Jean-Luc

It looks wonderfull!
Every model that you build it's better than the previous and you are reaching a level of excellence difficult to get (for my personal taste!)
I have been following your buildup (in sillence) and I can see that all the difficulties were well surpassed and now you have the "uggly duckling" turned into a beautifull "Goose"

Congratulations, and a MOD is in need - or a build up article
Please change your banner to "40" :-)

Skipper
PolarBear
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Västra Götaland, Sweden
KitMaker: 820 posts
AeroScale: 629 posts
Posted: Thursday, September 22, 2005 - 06:08 AM UTC
Top notch!!! :-) :-)

Your work is both impressive and inspiring! In particullar, I enjoy the fact that you are still experimenting with new techniques. The wheels, for example, came out great.

I'm sorry that I do not have any more time to write, as I have to finish my own Goose! :-) :-) Only 8 more days on the campaign...

"Polarbear the courageous"
Grumpyoldman
Staff Member_ADVISOR
KITMAKER NETWORK
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 15,338 posts
AeroScale: 836 posts
Posted: Thursday, September 22, 2005 - 06:26 AM UTC
Jean-Luc, that is a really outstanding job.
Merlin
Staff MemberSenior Editor
AEROSCALE
_VISITCOMMUNITY
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 17,582 posts
AeroScale: 12,795 posts
Posted: Thursday, September 22, 2005 - 08:10 AM UTC
Hi Jean-Luc

That looks superb! In particular, I love the rivet-effect against the dark camouflage.

Darn it! I'd have love to have entered the Medics campaign... if only I'd spotted it! I saw your Goose pics in the Gallery, but had no idea what they were for. LOL! Among other air-ambulance aircraft, I've got a lovely Po-2 with stretcher-pods just begging to be built! Oh well... there's always next time.

I hope you're going to write a Feature about this one... hint, hint!

All the best

Rowan
MrRoo
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Queensland, Australia
KitMaker: 3,856 posts
Posted: Thursday, September 22, 2005 - 08:12 AM UTC
My friend you have done a good job of her. When I saw the title I had to have a look as a company in Auckland New Zealand used to have 4 of these and do trips to the islands off Auckland. It was an experience traveling in them that I will never forget.

Once aghain nice job of the model.

cheers
Cliff
TedMamere
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Moselle, France
Posted: Thursday, September 22, 2005 - 08:20 AM UTC
Hi all!

Thanks for your kind words!

David, about doing other French Indochina planes... well not in the near future! After doing a French F4U-7 and now this Goose both in French Navy Blue I want to change a little bit... I'm running out of blue paint anyway! :-)

Jim, I can only recommend Signifer's kit as it is one of the most detailled kit I ever seen out of the box. As I said in the Review , it's a kit made by modelers for modelers.

Rui, I must admit this kit has pushed me to my limits! But I learned a lot during the build! I will surely write an article about this one to share one or two things... and yes I must change the number to 40!

Polarbear... Good luck for your orange Goose! And thanks again for your support! I hope you will be successfull in your attempt to build a kit in only nine days!

Dave! I ordered some figures and plan to make a diorama with the Goose. I think the model, with it's level of detail should be perfect for that!

Thanks again all! My next project will be a more relaxing one. My first all resin kit! :-)

Jean-Luc
USArmy2534
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Indiana, United States
KitMaker: 2,716 posts
AeroScale: 246 posts
Posted: Thursday, September 22, 2005 - 08:29 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Was it an easy kit? No!
Was it a good kit? Yes!

Does it look like a good kit? YES!

That is awesome. Down to the rivet highlights, this is simply perfect (though I know you could probably find every fault!). Everything looks so real that I'd say add a background and it would look right at home.

Jeff
TedMamere
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Moselle, France
Posted: Thursday, September 22, 2005 - 08:34 AM UTC
Hi Rowan and Cliff!

Rowan, guess what kit I bought yesterday? Eduard's Polikarpov U2 VVS... :-) I really begin to ask myself questions! Are you sure we aren't twins
It's a great kit of an important aircraft and it comes with an impressive decal sheet and a lot of colorfull paintschemes, too bad you already wrote a review about it!

Cliff, by searching for refs I saw a lot of pictures of Gooses still flying. Some of them are fitted with Turboprops instead of their old engines!

Quoted Text

Everything looks so real that I'd say add a background and it would look right at home.

Jeff, a dio is already planned!

Jean-Luc
Merlin
AEROSCALE
_VISITCOMMUNITY
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 17,582 posts
AeroScale: 12,795 posts
Posted: Thursday, September 22, 2005 - 08:43 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Rowan, guess what kit I bought yesterday? Eduard's Polikarpov U2 VVS... I really begin to ask myself questions! Are you sure we aren't twins

:-) :-) :-) Hi Jean-Luc

Twins?... maybe. But not identical twins; you actually finish the kits you start!

All the best

Rowan
ShermiesRule
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Michigan, United States
KitMaker: 5,409 posts
Posted: Thursday, September 22, 2005 - 10:53 AM UTC
Very nice plane. There have been a lot of unique builds lately
dukw
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Nordrhein-Westfalen, Germany
KitMaker: 263 posts
AeroScale: 10 posts
Posted: Thursday, September 22, 2005 - 06:59 PM UTC
Oh oh, you raised the bar high in the sky. Thinking about to sell my just purchased Goose quickly. LOL
I congratulate you to this beautiful gem. To me the MOM. Said in german: " saugut "

happy modelling
Harald
TedMamere
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Moselle, France
Posted: Friday, September 23, 2005 - 03:39 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Thinking about to sell my just purchased Goose quickly. LOL

Hallo Harald!

Don't do this! I'm sure you will make a great looking model out of it! By the way, I didn't see a Goose in British markings yet...

Jean-Luc
betheyn
AEROSCALE
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - South East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 4,560 posts
AeroScale: 2,225 posts
Posted: Friday, September 23, 2005 - 10:37 AM UTC
Outstanding work Jean-luc. I have watched this build come together and learn't a bit in the process. Thanks and well done.
Thanks Andy
 _GOTOTOP