_GOTOBOTTOM
General Aircraft
This forum is for general aircraft modelling discussions.
garry's flat top campaign (aircraft included)
almonkey
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - East Midlands, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 2,124 posts
AeroScale: 788 posts
Posted: Wednesday, October 12, 2005 - 05:30 AM UTC
ive just exchanged post with the sailor boys about this campaign, you may remember, garry posted an invite to the aircraft builders shortly before he died, with the idea that building carrier based dios would be allowed, as opposed to a full ship model. it was something i was interested in having a go at, and quite a few of the aircraft modellers expressed an interest. im just putting this post up as a reminder cos the campaign is starting soon. check it out here
https://armorama.kitmaker.net/forums/60930&page=1
skipper
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Lisboa, Portugal
KitMaker: 5,182 posts
AeroScale: 22 posts
Posted: Wednesday, October 12, 2005 - 05:48 AM UTC
Hi All!

I would like to invite you to see the Campaign description here:
http://www.armorama.co.uk/modules.php?op=modload&name=Campaigns&file=index&req=showcontent&id=84

I know that Garry was looking forward to this Flattops Campaign, specially because we would be able, to see, with the help of our Winged Members, some more detailed aircraft than the ones that we have on our flying decks and some more excellent models!

Don't be afraid, hop in and join this one!

Any help or doubts, please ask!

Skipper
TedMamere
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Moselle, France
KitMaker: 5,653 posts
AeroScale: 4,347 posts
Posted: Wednesday, October 12, 2005 - 06:21 AM UTC
Hi Phil and Rui!

I already enlisted in the campaign and bought an 1/48 Eduard Japanese Carrier Deck Base and plan to build a Fine Molds D4Y2 Judy for it. I will also add some figures I think.

I didn't knew Garry as I'm new here, but I'm happy to contribute to the campaign to remember him.

Jean-Luc
mother
_VISITCOMMUNITY
New York, United States
KitMaker: 3,836 posts
AeroScale: 1,036 posts
Posted: Wednesday, October 12, 2005 - 08:30 AM UTC
This is great news and the wheels are starting to turn. I always wanted to build a section of the Helicopter deck of a ship and now I have cause to. Thanks for that reminder
Holdfast
Staff MemberPresident
IPMS-UK KITMAKER BRANCH
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - South West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 8,581 posts
AeroScale: 4,913 posts
Posted: Wednesday, October 12, 2005 - 08:52 AM UTC
Thanks for the remider Phil, I will be doing the American WWII Carrier deck section that I have always been threatening.
Mal
almonkey
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - East Midlands, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 2,124 posts
AeroScale: 788 posts
Posted: Wednesday, October 12, 2005 - 09:09 AM UTC
oops! the campaign dosent actually start untill jan 2006
Merlin
Staff MemberSenior Editor
AEROSCALE
_VISITCOMMUNITY
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 17,582 posts
AeroScale: 12,795 posts
Posted: Wednesday, October 12, 2005 - 09:17 AM UTC
Hi Phil

I'm signed up for this one too, but I haven't decided what to build yet... far too many tempting things on the shelf!

All the best

Rowan
Gunny
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 6,705 posts
AeroScale: 50 posts
Posted: Wednesday, October 12, 2005 - 10:55 AM UTC
Greettings, my friends...
I just want to write you a short note tonight, in regards to the upcoming Flattops campaign...I think that it's a truly wonderful idea to include aircraft/flight deck dio's and vignettes, and I want to encourage all the wing nuts that hang out here at the Big A to jump in with the salty dogs and enjoy this all-to-special campaign in Gary's honor...it would be really cool to open up between forums(ie: Aircraft/Warships) and have a great deal of discussion about the entries and models in progress...who know's, this opportunity may just spark a fire in modelers that enjoy building aircraft to venture into the "salty side" of modeling, and vice versa...So c'mon, mates, sign up for this campaign today and help us to make this something very special to remember here at Armorama...and if anybody has any questions at all about the campaign, please feel free to contact me by pm or e-mail...
Gunny
 _GOTOTOP