_GOTOBOTTOM
General Aircraft: Contests
A monthly online photo contest. Show your work!
Model of the Month (MOM) November.
Pixilater
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Massachusetts, United States
KitMaker: 231 posts
AeroScale: 0 posts
Posted: Sunday, November 20, 2005 - 09:52 AM UTC
I just finished this one on the 19th, so I'll enter it since the deadline has been extended.

The kit is Shanghai Dragon's 1/48 Junkers Ju 88C-6 Zerstorer. I used Eduard's photoetched detail set and True Details resin wheels. I also added wiring, hydraulic lines, and a seat in the opened ventral turret.
The temperate splinter scheme of RLM 70/71/65 was painted first. I masked the decal locations before spraying the winter white camo. This has the effect of the white appearing to be field-applied without masking.

The false nose glazing was an attempt to disguise the feared heavy fighter version as it's non-threatening glass nosed bomber version.
Holdfast
Staff MemberPresident
IPMS-UK KITMAKER BRANCH
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - South West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 8,581 posts
AeroScale: 4,913 posts
Posted: Sunday, November 20, 2005 - 08:23 PM UTC
James
No problem with the pics, I've just got back from the IPMS show and I have alot to do so I will leave the voting until you get your pics back.

A thought occoured to me, there have been several postings after the normal deadline, so might it be best to leave entry open for the full month? The voting thread could then be started at the same time as the following months MOM and voting could take place over that month. It does mean of course that the voting is a month behind.
Mal
CPTKelley
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 206 posts
AeroScale: 115 posts
Posted: Tuesday, November 22, 2005 - 02:15 PM UTC
I'd like to offer my apologies to one and all for the DNS name change delay....ScaleWarbirds.com is "live" again,and my pics are back up!

Mal, with regards to your idea...I think a 30-day window to enter would allow so many entries that people wouldn't know who to vote for (it seems to be getting bigger each month as it is.)!I'd like to see it remain a 15-day entry period, with the next 15 days for voting; keep it fresh!

Cheers,

JK
PolarBear
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Västra Götaland, Sweden
KitMaker: 820 posts
AeroScale: 629 posts
Posted: Wednesday, November 23, 2005 - 06:45 AM UTC

Quoted Text

I'd like to see it remain a 15-day entry period, with the next 15 days for voting; keep it fresh!

I agree with CPTKelley. Keep it fresh!!

Speaking of keeping it fresh... - I know that there has been a discussion about only allowing models that are finished during the month!* I don't know if this is the right thread, but I like that idea! This is a monthly event. Keep it fresh!

Cheers!

* In consequence, the last day of entry should be the last day of the month. The last vote should be cast on the 15th.

Ps - Great work, btw!
 _GOTOTOP