_GOTOBOTTOM
General Aircraft
This forum is for general aircraft modelling discussions.
Eduard's mk.22/24 Spit - What's going on?
Mahross
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Queensland, Australia
KitMaker: 837 posts
AeroScale: 89 posts
Posted: Sunday, August 13, 2006 - 03:46 PM UTC
People all I can say is watch this space. Mal will hopeful post something today which will make some of you very happy...

Ross
Holdfast
Staff MemberPresident
IPMS-UK KITMAKER BRANCH
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - South West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 8,581 posts
AeroScale: 4,913 posts
Posted: Monday, August 14, 2006 - 02:37 AM UTC
I do have a picture for proof, but I aint got it uploaded yet. At the aeroventure show, yesterday we saw 5 of these kits for sale, 4 of them with "little-car.com". I know that he sold 1 but he may still have a couple, if your quick, tele: 01234 711980 tell him you heard about them here
Mal
Grumpyoldman
Staff Member_ADVISOR
KITMAKER NETWORK
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 15,338 posts
AeroScale: 836 posts
Posted: Tuesday, August 15, 2006 - 03:42 AM UTC
Good News Guys!!

Also may sound like a plug for Squadron, but they just listed the Eduard's Mk22/24 as a newly arrived kit.

Squadron- Eduard's Mk22/24

Not being a spitfire man, I'll leave the kit I would buy, for someone else. :-)
Merlin
Staff MemberSenior Editor
AEROSCALE
_VISITCOMMUNITY
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 17,582 posts
AeroScale: 12,795 posts
Posted: Tuesday, August 15, 2006 - 04:13 AM UTC
Hi all

Dare I say (like Jean-Luc), Hannants still have good stocks on-line - but I STILL like to think I got the last one in their new Colindale shop (until they re-stocked!). It was a noble dash through the rush hour - crowds of commuters wisely dissolving at the sound of my battle cry "Out of my way! This is SERIOUS! There's a (model) Spitfire at stake!" It makes a Brit proud to see such patriotism... GULP! :-) :-)

All the best

Rowan
lampie
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - East Midlands, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 6,249 posts
AeroScale: 3,270 posts
Posted: Tuesday, August 15, 2006 - 04:21 AM UTC

Quoted Text

It was a noble dash through the rush hour - crowds of commuters wisely dissolving at the sound of my battle cry "Out of my way! This is SERIOUS! There's a (model) Spitfire at stake!" It makes a Brit proud to see such patriotism... GULP!

Brings a lump to the throat Rowan,,,such dedication to the cause.
I just leisurely navigated through about 3 pages on Ebay and with a flourish hit the "buy it now" button.
Im sure the feeling of satisfaction is just as fulfilling though,,and at least you have the added bonus of drooling all over the box on the way home.
Myself,,,Im still waiting for the postie to deliver mine so I can do some drooling of my own.
I even managed to resist having a look at Mals Spit at Doncaster,,only just mind,,I nearly cracked,,LOL.
Please Mr Postman,,,make my day tomorrow :-)
Nige
Merlin
AEROSCALE
_VISITCOMMUNITY
United Kingdom
Posted: Tuesday, August 15, 2006 - 04:31 AM UTC

Quoted Text

and at least you have the added bonus of drooling all over the box on the way home.

Dohh! So that's what ruined the decals!

On a serious note, the one thing I did make a point of doing at Hannants was to pick up a Squadron/Falcon replacement canopy; the Airfix original was never great and it sits very oddly if you display it open - which is, of course, exactly what you want to do to show off the new resin / etched interior on Eduard's release. That's perhaps my only gripe - Eduard didn't finish the job and include a new canopy. But it's still a great kit!

All the best

Rowan
Holdfast
Staff MemberPresident
IPMS-UK KITMAKER BRANCH
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - South West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 8,581 posts
AeroScale: 4,913 posts
Posted: Wednesday, August 16, 2006 - 02:03 AM UTC
Yes the canopy does need replacing and there are a couple of other things to watch out for. I have started the review, tonight, but my daughter "desperately had to use the internet for work", so I will try and finish it tomorrow or Friday. Rest assured that you can buy the kit with confidence. I will also start to build it, when I can get some paint from WEM.
Mal
betheyn
AEROSCALE
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - South East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 4,560 posts
AeroScale: 2,225 posts
Posted: Wednesday, August 16, 2006 - 02:35 AM UTC
I am going to have to get me another one of these, i have done nothing today apart from dribble over it all day :-) . This is going to get built before the campaign starts .
Andy
lampie
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Posted: Wednesday, August 16, 2006 - 02:47 AM UTC
Still waiting for Mr Postman to do his stuff
lampie
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Posted: Wednesday, August 16, 2006 - 05:11 PM UTC
Good Old Postie!
Spotted him running,head down through a torrential thunderstorm this morning with my Eduard Spit under his jacket to stop the box getting wet!
I almost invited him in for a cuppa :-)
Well,,,,all I can say is WOW!!!
Cant wait to build this!
Nige
Merlin
AEROSCALE
_VISITCOMMUNITY
United Kingdom
Posted: Wednesday, August 16, 2006 - 05:32 PM UTC
Nice one Nige!

I'm not surprised you're itching to build this Spit - those resin and etched details are superb, aren't they!

All the best

Rowan
lampie
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Posted: Thursday, August 17, 2006 - 09:00 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Nice one Nige!

I'm not surprised you're itching to build this Spit - those resin and etched details are superb, aren't they!

All the best

Rowan

They are indeed Rowan. Its the first time Ive seen such detail sets up close and the detail is incredible. Hope I can do it justice when I get started
Cant stop opening the box and having a drool.Dont worry,Ive put the decals in a plastic bag LOL:p
Nige
 _GOTOTOP