_GOTOBOTTOM
General Aircraft
This forum is for general aircraft modelling discussions.
What aircraft model are you?
Holdfast
Staff MemberPresident
IPMS-UK KITMAKER BRANCH
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - South West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 8,581 posts
AeroScale: 4,913 posts
Posted: Wednesday, August 16, 2006 - 01:55 AM UTC
Great thread Jean-Luc, sorry that I haven't replied before but I had a Mossi to finish a show to attend and a review to write.
If I based this on my stash and built models I might come out as a BV 141 and that would never do :-) I am a Spitfire, 1/48 all Marks, I can't get closer than that. It is also possible that I'm an Airfix 1/24 Spitfire Mk 1 as I have built 2 of these and have a 3rd which I aquired recently
Mal
Merlin
Staff MemberSenior Editor
AEROSCALE
_VISITCOMMUNITY
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 17,582 posts
AeroScale: 12,795 posts
Posted: Wednesday, August 16, 2006 - 03:42 AM UTC
Hi again

I think the most fun way of looking at it is to take a lesson from the actors' motto of "I'm only as good as my last role". And just like an actor, I'd be bored rigid to get type-cast - as modellers, we're all always looking for new challenging "roles"...

All the best

Rowan
betheyn
Staff MemberSenior Editor
AEROSCALE
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - South East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 4,560 posts
AeroScale: 2,225 posts
Posted: Wednesday, August 16, 2006 - 03:55 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Hi again

I think the most fun way of looking at it is to take a lesson from the actors' motto of "I'm only as good as my last role". And just like an actor, I'd be bored rigid to get type-cast - as modellers, we're all always looking for new challenging "roles"...

All the best

Rowan

That's why my stash contains armour, aircraft, 1/35 figures, diorama supplies and a ship thing. Different genres for different moods. Also gives me a chance to try out different techniques on different subjects. "Variety is the spice of life" as they say, apparently :-).
Andy
lampie
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - East Midlands, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 6,249 posts
AeroScale: 3,270 posts
Posted: Wednesday, August 16, 2006 - 06:55 PM UTC

Quoted Text

And just like an actor, I'd be bored rigid to get type-cast - as modellers, we're all always looking for new challenging "roles"...

Every kit I start is a challenge to me
Forgot to mention that my stash includes a few vehicles as well as the old Airfix Control Tower. All the vehicles are airforce related though.
Picked them all up at rock bottom prices and they will come in handy if I ever decide to make a couple of dioramas. The figures will be the hardest part,,but I reckon I could get away with the excuse that theres an air raid on and everyones in the shelters :-)
Nige
 _GOTOTOP