_GOTOBOTTOM
Early Aviation
Discuss World War I and the early years of aviation thru 1934.
The early bird gets the...
Kitboy
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Gelderland, Netherlands
KitMaker: 258 posts
AeroScale: 256 posts
Posted: Thursday, November 16, 2006 - 02:27 AM UTC
Bugger,

I am nearly finished with this model. Putting on the very last parts today and did the final rigging. When I wanted to put on that litlle prop. in front of the landing gear it snatched away from my tweasers in a Bermuda Triangle.

Only thing left to do know is the assembly of the machine gun holder, only without a Lewis on it. So far all pic's of the Dutch F2B show no machine gun.

I must say this model of a Brisfit carrying these big orange roundels makes me feel a bit unsatisfying. It's such a typical British aircraft and in my imagination it should have British roundels on it. The reason I made it Dutch was that I never built a Dutch version ww1 aircraft before, simply wanted one example. It will stay by one I think.

Greetings, Nico Teunissen
JackFlash
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 11,669 posts
AeroScale: 11,011 posts
Posted: Thursday, November 16, 2006 - 04:43 AM UTC
From the Laws of Modeling posted elsewhere on this site.

Quoted Text

1.) "Every modeler's desk comes with a black hole beneath it, that swallows parts. Only on rare occasions does it see fit to spew one back at you.
a.) Only the highly scratchbuilt parts or ones that have no replacements will fall into this black hole b.) The probability of dropping a part is inversely proportional to the size of the part.
c.) The closer the match of a part and the floor, the greater the probability of dropping the part.
d.) A dropped part will bounce to the most inaccessible area of the room. (this also allows you to mark the boundaries of your black hole. (Note: A dropped X-acto knife will visit your foot before obeying d.) ...

JackFlash
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Colorado, United States
Posted: Sunday, November 19, 2006 - 01:44 AM UTC
The first entry has been added to the parent thread. Don't let time slip away on you friends.
alpha_tango
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Germany
KitMaker: 5,609 posts
AeroScale: 5,231 posts
Posted: Sunday, November 26, 2006 - 06:35 PM UTC
Hi All

Well .. as I feared: more things got into the way(beside my modelwork schedule) .. a major flu hit me last weekend and I am unable to concentrate more than a few minutes .. besides I am on drugs all day long

soo i am sorry but i'm out hope to see a lot of nice entries of others ...

best wishes

Steffen
JackFlash
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Colorado, United States
Posted: Monday, November 27, 2006 - 03:03 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Hi All

Well .. as I feared: more things got into the way(beside my modelwork schedule) .. a major flu hit me last weekend and I am unable to concentrate more than a few minutes .. besides I am on drugs all day long, soo i am sorry but i'm out hope to see a lot of nice entries of others ... best wishes Steffen

No worries Steffen,
All you need to do is get better! With "Weihnacht" und Sylvester coming you must get well again! All our best. Hiring a young nurse to sooth your aching would be a good move also!
(Edited cause my celebration German is a bit rusty.)
alpha_tango
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Germany
KitMaker: 5,609 posts
AeroScale: 5,231 posts
Posted: Monday, November 27, 2006 - 03:30 AM UTC

Quoted Text

No worries Steffen,
All you need to do is get better! With Wonacht und Sylvester coming you must get well again! All our best. Hiring a young nurse to sooth your aching would be a good move also!

Many thanks Stephen!

The nurse thingie is a nice idea .. do you have good experiences in that field? :-)

best wishes

Steffen
BTW that's: Weihnachten
JackFlash
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Colorado, United States
Posted: Monday, November 27, 2006 - 03:45 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Many thanks Stephen! The nurse thingie is a nice idea .. do you have good experiences in that field? :-) best wishes Steffen
BTW that's: Weihnachten

Yes I do, by the way but I shouldn't go into details... and my nurse's outfit doesnt fit anymore.
JackFlash
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Colorado, United States
Posted: Thursday, November 30, 2006 - 03:19 PM UTC
Greetings all;

While the entry thread is closed I wanted to touch base with you on a subject of some importance. Unfinished models are a tragedy. Ok its not that bad but. Since there are a few of you that were overcome by the Holiday season I have some good news for you.

On January 3 we will open the Early Aviation Air Campaign for 2007. If you can incorporate your unfinished build into the "Bloody April 1917 Air Campaign" we will allow their inclusion. This won't be possible for Post May 1917 manufactured types. (As an example, Fokker D.VII airframes were not at the front until the following year.)

So don't throw any tarps over your unfinished build just yet.
 _GOTOTOP