_GOTOBOTTOM
Early Aviation
Discuss World War I and the early years of aviation thru 1934.
WNW GB 2009 - 10 LVG C.VI Dave M.
guitarlute101
_VISITCOMMUNITY
West Virginia, United States
KitMaker: 1,121 posts
AeroScale: 1,063 posts
Posted: Friday, January 01, 2010 - 09:54 AM UTC
Dave,

Looks great! Love the wood grain. I've used the Misterkit decals on my Grigorovich M-5 and really liked them. They speed things up. It's nice to see all of the different ways of painting the wood grain, all with unique results.

Mark
CaptainA
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Indiana, United States
KitMaker: 3,117 posts
AeroScale: 2,270 posts
Posted: Friday, January 01, 2010 - 10:34 AM UTC

Quoted Text

I got this kit for Christmas from my girlfriend.

Somebody out there was paying attention. I think she is a keeper.

Build is looking great so far. On the decals, be sure you use some white glue in the decal water to help them stick. I was going to use them on my build, but didn't like the repitition of the woodgrain. It seemed out of scale and would repeat to often in each panel. I did use some with a different grain in the interior. They looked all right.
FigureMad
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - South East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 118 posts
AeroScale: 89 posts
Posted: Wednesday, April 14, 2010 - 11:38 PM UTC
Hi everybody,

just a slight update, I have put the LVG to the side for a short while as I have been finishing off some commission figures for a couple of people, but I also want to move onto another aircraft and come back to the LVG when I am more confident with the lozenge decals, so I will open another thread on the WNW RNAS Pup that I ordered, I do have a couple of WNW Albatros to do as well, but the pup first I think, I will use it as a confidence builder........

Dave
CaptainA
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Indiana, United States
KitMaker: 3,117 posts
AeroScale: 2,270 posts
Posted: Thursday, April 15, 2010 - 12:32 AM UTC
I really think you have the skills to do the lozenge. It isn't difficult, just time consuming. But I look forward to your Pup and Albies.
Kornbeef
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - South East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 1,667 posts
AeroScale: 1,551 posts
Posted: Thursday, April 15, 2010 - 01:13 AM UTC
I have to agree with Carl...looking at the beautiful standard of your work so far. dont fear the decals..

:)
 _GOTOTOP