World War II
Discuss WWII and the era directly before and after the war from 1935-1949.
Hosted by Rowan Baylis
Revell Fw-190 A-8/R-11 (1:72)
eseperic
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Croatia Hrvatska
KitMaker: 624 posts
AeroScale: 609 posts
Posted: Sunday, January 22, 2012 - 10:13 AM UTC
@magnusf: thanks, Magnus! This build is an adventure for me, since my interest are mainly kits in the quarterscale. Nevertheless, I really like this Revell kit, and I already tackled several of them earlier. It's really a nice kit, and also with a great potential, if you decide to go a step further... I am glad you like it!

All the best,
Entoni
eseperic
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Croatia Hrvatska
Posted: Tuesday, January 31, 2012 - 10:40 AM UTC
Just a quick photo update...

Thanks for watching!
warreni
_VISITCOMMUNITY
South Australia, Australia
KitMaker: 5,926 posts
AeroScale: 2,201 posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 31, 2012 - 03:15 PM UTC
It is against my creed to put detail in places you can't see it, but your build is looking good Entoni!!
eseperic
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Croatia Hrvatska
Posted: Tuesday, January 31, 2012 - 07:15 PM UTC

Quoted Text

It is against my creed to put detail in places you can't see it, but your build is looking good Entoni!!

I do agree (to some extent) with you, but actually you will be able to see it, because the lower access panel will be removed (with servicemen fixing what's inside)

Thanks for watching!
Entoni

PS. The fuselage framework, however, is not yet finished. As you can see from the photos, the stretched sprue is suspended "in the air", with no support underneath. We all know that aircraft are not built that way; small plastic strips will be added today under the sprue to simulate horizontal fuselage ribs. I just didn’t have time to explain it properly. This will add some depth and reality to internal framework. However, join me latter to see the main compass, control cables and oxygen bottles installed…
eseperic
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Croatia Hrvatska
Posted: Friday, February 03, 2012 - 08:34 AM UTC
Since we are covered with more than one meter of snow (3 feet), I don't have much time to write. I am also getting out my Albatros D.III, so this will be just a quick photo update:

Thanks for watching!
Entoni
eseperic
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Croatia Hrvatska
Posted: Friday, February 03, 2012 - 11:13 PM UTC
Hi,

I woke up this morning, and instead of some bench time, it is time to find the snow shovel and get outside. This is the scenery from my window:

It is -15 Celsius outside (I am sure that some countries in the SE Europe are experiencing even harder times). The snow is now 1,2 meters high (and I forgot where I parked my car the day before)

It seems that we will be stuck under the snow for some time now. It's my sons birthday today, and I think he is one of the happiest people on the face of the earth to see the snow reaching way above his head! What a wonderful sight! Since I have to shovel, not much time will be left for modelling! My sympathies to others struck by severe weather!

I wish you all the best!
c4willy
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Christchurch, New Zealand
KitMaker: 1,673 posts
AeroScale: 1,517 posts
Posted: Saturday, February 04, 2012 - 09:23 PM UTC
Entoni what can I say but .... WOW! I just keep picking my jaw up off the ground. I'm constantly amazed at the skill you show and the patience you must posses in abundance to work to such fine tolerances this scale requires. I just love your work and follow whatever you do avidly. You sir are an inspiration to us all. (in fact just as much as chuk is in my book!)
eseperic
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Croatia Hrvatska
Posted: Sunday, February 05, 2012 - 12:48 AM UTC
@c4willy: Thank you very much for your kind words. Well, I am happy if some of my work is a source of inspiration, although it is hard for me to subscribe to that qualification. I returned to the hobby in search for something that will challenge my patience... In the end, it did prove successful for me, as I grew more patient and generally more calm under pressure. The psychological side-effect of the hobby; that's how I would qualify it. I am very thankful that you keep coming back! Thanks for the words of support!

All the best,
Entoni
eseperic
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Croatia Hrvatska
Posted: Saturday, March 31, 2012 - 09:57 AM UTC
Hi everybody,

This build was in the background for awhile, but I continued to work from time to time. It is really small, and to be honest I forgot where the writing stopped last time... I am still working on the fuselage. The fuel tank compartment and the cockpit tub had to be joined with the fuselage, and it wasn't easy at all. I used a lot of Apoxie two-part sculpting kit, along with the black CA. I like the former particularly, because the black color is particularly handy when you have to sand and smooth (it is easily discernible). As I am slowly progressing to build this diorama (and I probably won't meet the campaign deadline), I ordered also some neat accessories to make the scene more busy. Maybe you cannot guess the amount of work that has been already done on the framework so far, but I hope you will like it in the end. There are some priority builds going on, so I don't spend that much time at the workbench. Of course, being a father for the second time doesn't make things much easier (modeling vise).

All the best,
Entoni
AussieReg
Staff MemberAssociate Editor
AUTOMODELER
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Victoria, Australia
KitMaker: 8,156 posts
AeroScale: 3,756 posts
Posted: Saturday, March 31, 2012 - 10:39 AM UTC
Just letting you know that I'm still following this build Entoni, and as Chris said earlier it's amazing to see such fine work in braille scale. Every update has me shaking my head, there's no way I'd have the patience (or dexterity in my fumbling digits) to achieve such detail.

Keep the updates coming.

Cheers, D
eseperic
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Croatia Hrvatska
Posted: Saturday, March 31, 2012 - 07:24 PM UTC
Damian,

Thank you for your nice words! Yes, it's small indeed, and you need a lot of patience. Sometimes I need to take photos of a particular detail and enlarge it to see all the mistakes that need to be corrected Anyway, I didn't go into details with my previous post concerning the work I've done so far. I also didn't expose all of the details I made (this will be covered later). However, there are extensive modifications to the rear cockpit fuselage and the MG-17 platform (which will be, of course, added and superdetailed). I am glad you like it so far, and I hope to bring more in future!

All the best,
Entoni
eseperic
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Croatia Hrvatska
Posted: Wednesday, April 04, 2012 - 10:33 AM UTC
Hi,

I don't have much time to write, but I wanted to post some photos of my progress. I was preoccupied with the rear cockpit in order to get the details right. The photos are evidence of massive rearrangements and modifications in that particular area. I am particularly proud of the canopy guiding rails (upper side of the cockpit consoles), but it was pain to achieve everything I wanted in such a small scale. The match is there to help you get the feeling of how small this kit really is. I also started adding details to the fuselage gun compartment, and there will be more soon. The guns will be also very detailed and exposed, as well as many other structural details in the engine bay.

I hope you like it! Comments and questions are most welcome!

All the best,
Entoni
eseperic
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Croatia Hrvatska
Posted: Thursday, April 05, 2012 - 10:00 AM UTC
Hi,

Tonight I scratched the MG17 mounts from leftover plastic parts and Griffon models brass tube. The mounts are set in their place, and will wait to receive the resin guns (Aires) and Master barrels. I will keep adding details to the gun compartment, because it will be visible and could probably catch some attention (?). Some refinements and fine sanding to shape are still on the way. A layer of color will eventually bring up the details.

All the best,
Entoni
almonkey
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - East Midlands, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 2,124 posts
AeroScale: 788 posts
Posted: Thursday, April 05, 2012 - 08:05 PM UTC
WOW! having built this same kit myself with the addition of an eduard set, which i personally thought it maybe didn't need, because its a nice little kit straight out the box, what you're doing with this one is quite amazing!

and i've got a heads up for you too, when you fix the undercarriage if you simply push the top of the leg into the socket in the wing you end up with a 190 that has the "sit" of a hawker typhoon (like mine did!)theres no "toe in" or forward angling of the legs.

as it turned out not long after i finished it and decided i didn't want to correct this issue it was damaged, resulting in both undercarriage legs getting snapped off
of course this was a happy accident as i then could fix the legs back in the proper positions

keep up the good work entoni!
eseperic
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Croatia Hrvatska
Posted: Thursday, April 05, 2012 - 10:04 PM UTC
@almonkey,

Thank you very much for your comments! I totally agree that the kit itself is very nice, and actually it is the clever engineering that allows me to further detail it. I will avoid the main undercarriage issue by removing everything from the original kit, and replace it with my own scratchbuild parts. The majority of work is done, but I didn't post any images yet. I will first finish the main fuselage, and then turn to wings and the undercarriage. This is going to be a diorama, so parts will be scattered arround the scene with many parts exposed.

All the best,
Entoni
eseperic
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Croatia Hrvatska
Posted: Saturday, April 07, 2012 - 11:07 AM UTC
Hi,

In between Easter eggs painting sessions, I still managed to make a slight progress with the Wurger. I modified the upper instrument panel and added the FuG16 screen and the Revi gun-sight. You have to see to believe how small it is! The match is giant in comparison... So here are the photos of the instrumental panel before, and after it was finished. It is painted RLM66 and small details are picked up with some dry-brushing and chalk pastels. The tiny drops of Future are added to simulate the glass (will have to repeat a coat or two). I really hope you like it!

All the best,
Entoni
almonkey
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - East Midlands, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 2,124 posts
AeroScale: 788 posts
Posted: Saturday, April 07, 2012 - 07:19 PM UTC

Quoted Text

@almonkey,

Thank you very much for your comments! I totally agree that the kit itself is very nice, and actually it is the clever engineering that allows me to further detail it. I will avoid the main undercarriage issue by removing everything from the original kit, and replace it with my own scratchbuild parts. The majority of work is done, but I didn't post any images yet. I will first finish the main fuselage, and then turn to wings and the undercarriage. This is going to be a diorama, so parts will be scattered arround the scene with many parts exposed.

All the best,
Entoni

after seeing what you've already done I thought you would be doing something like that!
eseperic
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Croatia Hrvatska
Posted: Sunday, April 08, 2012 - 10:39 AM UTC
Hi,

Images always tend to be more dramatic than reality! Trying to squeeze the instrument panel and the hood wasn't that easy after all. There are marks of black CA glue everywhere, but these are small nooks and crannies that are fixed and smooth sanded. I think there's already a level of detail unprecedented in this scale, but more will come. I am sure that everything will look much better under a coat of paint... here are the few photos. The last one is really a close-up macro mode, so it looks more dramatic than in reality...

All the best,
Entoni
chukw1
_VISITCOMMUNITY
California, United States
KitMaker: 817 posts
AeroScale: 729 posts
Posted: Monday, April 09, 2012 - 03:17 AM UTC
Another wonder update, Entoni- cheers! Getting the gunsight to line up with the hole in the hood must have been a lot of fun- ask me how I know! ;D

chuk
eseperic
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Croatia Hrvatska
Posted: Monday, April 09, 2012 - 05:26 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Another wonder update, Entoni- cheers! Getting the gunsight to line up with the hole in the hood must have been a lot of fun- ask me how I know! ;D

chuk

LOL! Chuck, to be honest, it was one if not the most difficult modeling task I ever encountered. It took me an hour or two... Thanks for the encouragement!

E
cinzano
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Indiana, United States
KitMaker: 419 posts
AeroScale: 378 posts
Posted: Tuesday, April 10, 2012 - 08:29 AM UTC
You sick sick man.

This build is progressing beautifully. I can barely believe your are doing this in 1/72. Truly impressive!

Cheers,
Fred
pbaudru
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Belgium
KitMaker: 31 posts
AeroScale: 31 posts
Posted: Thursday, April 19, 2012 - 09:39 PM UTC
Very nice build so far !

Cheers Pierre.

eseperic
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Croatia Hrvatska
Posted: Saturday, October 06, 2012 - 09:43 PM UTC
Hi everybody,

As you may have noticed, I have only few more complex builds on my workbench. These are more demanding, and they require a bit more time and effort... Sometimes they get seriously stalled, but they resurrect time and time again. The same is with this Wurger. I am progressing slowly, but I did add some details, and I thought it would be nice to share it with you.

I was adding some structural detail on the firewall, and also on the gun platform. Everything was scratched, save for the Aires MG 131 fuselage guns, which are rather detailed for the scale. Of course, there are still many details to be added, and lot of finishing work... pay no attention to smaller mistakes, which will be removed eventually. I am progressing towards the FW-190 workshop diorama... something similar to Diego Quijano's "naked" FW-190, but still more elaborate (and in smaller scale). I hope you like it; comments welcome!

All the best,
Entoni
ShawnM
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Missouri, United States
KitMaker: 564 posts
AeroScale: 510 posts
Posted: Wednesday, October 10, 2012 - 08:22 AM UTC
Im at a loss for words.
Your work is magnificent.
eseperic
_VISITCOMMUNITY