Air Campaigns
Want to start or join a group build? This is where to start.
Enlisting: Russell Anderson Memorial Campaign
raypalmer
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 1,151 posts
AeroScale: 985 posts
Posted: Wednesday, February 05, 2014 - 02:40 PM UTC
Aw dagnabbit that's compelling. I'll finish a spitfire or anything Japanese if they're going. P47 will have to wait. Can't let the man's to do list lie undone.
BlackWidow
_VISITCOMMUNITY
European Union
KitMaker: 1,732 posts
AeroScale: 1,336 posts
Posted: Thursday, February 06, 2014 - 07:16 AM UTC

I'm really shocked about this news! Didn't know that Russell has passed away, just read it here. When did it happen? He was still too young for that ....
Though 1/72 is not my scale, it's a matter of course for me to take part in this (his) campaign. Sure find something. Just let me know when the camapign starts. I always appreciated his kind comments about my models and was wondering why he didn't write to my last ones. Also changed some PM's with him.

A sad Torsten
SaxonTheShiba
_VISITCOMMUNITY
United States
KitMaker: 1,233 posts
AeroScale: 663 posts
Posted: Saturday, February 08, 2014 - 04:33 AM UTC
This will be my entry for Russell's tribute. I will be using Aeromaster Decals to depict one of two RCAF Lancs.....either 625 Sqdn or 419 Sqdn.; have not decided which.

Best wishes,

Ian

Jessie_C
_VISITCOMMUNITY
British Columbia, Canada
KitMaker: 6,965 posts
AeroScale: 6,247 posts
Posted: Saturday, February 08, 2014 - 08:03 AM UTC

Quoted Text

I'm really shocked about this news! Didn't know that Russell has passed away, just read it here. When did it happen?

Late last month. Here's Fred's announcement.
JPTRR
Staff MemberManaging Editor
RAILROAD MODELING
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Tennessee, United States
KitMaker: 7,772 posts
AeroScale: 3,175 posts
Posted: Saturday, February 08, 2014 - 08:38 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Aw dagnabbit that's compelling. I'll finish a spitfire or anything Japanese if they're going. P47 will have to wait. Can't let the man's to do list lie undone.

Hi Richard,

Russell built a P-47M and loved it! He was fascinated by the colors and we would discuss them occasionally. A Spitfire or japanese plane is your's for the asking altthough that P-47M would, i dare say, thrill him.

All mu best,

Fred
cjattard
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Malta
KitMaker: 23 posts
AeroScale: 23 posts
Posted: Saturday, February 08, 2014 - 09:04 AM UTC
Count me in too. As I am new to Aeroscale I did not know Russell but will participate in the 72 scale build in his memory. 72 also happened to be my scale.

Carmel
raypalmer
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 1,151 posts
AeroScale: 985 posts
Posted: Saturday, February 08, 2014 - 09:11 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Hi Richard,

Russell built a P-47M and loved it! He was fascinated by the colors and we would discuss them occasionally. A Spitfire or japanese plane is your's for the asking altthough that P-47M would, i dare say, thrill him.

All mu best,

Fred

Then I shall revert to the original plan. A P47 for Russell.
SaxonTheShiba
_VISITCOMMUNITY
United States
KitMaker: 1,233 posts
AeroScale: 663 posts
Posted: Sunday, February 09, 2014 - 04:59 AM UTC
Sorry, my original photo did not display because I broke the link when I moved my Photobucket albums around. Anyway, here is the redo!!

Best wishes,

Ian

IronOwl
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Georgia, United States
KitMaker: 572 posts
AeroScale: 130 posts
Posted: Sunday, February 09, 2014 - 09:08 AM UTC
well the p-40's out missing the canopy and wheels

so its the 1/72 scale Airfix tornado mrca had to order some replacement decals

Sascha(Ironowl)
JPTRR
RAILROAD MODELING
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Tennessee, United States
Posted: Sunday, February 09, 2014 - 03:15 PM UTC
Hello Group,

OK, I've got to bite the bullet here. I am very sorry that in the flurry of PMs over the past few days that my record keeping failed.

I have started a spreadsheet of who has asked for what but looking at my PMs, I noticed at least two of you that I have offered the same model to.

Also, today Russell's friend of 30 years came to gather a memento; at least one model one of you asked for was taken as his keepsake.

I sincerely apologize for any disappointment I have caused.

Today I photographed some models that I don't think showed up in the previous photos. I'll post them about 1900hrs UTC.

One model that I find interesting is an Academy Super Etendard in what looks like Fuerza Aérea Argentina colors.

Again, I sincerely apologize for any disappointment I have caused.
Jessie_C
_VISITCOMMUNITY
British Columbia, Canada
KitMaker: 6,965 posts
AeroScale: 6,247 posts
Posted: Sunday, February 09, 2014 - 03:19 PM UTC
Don't beat yourself up too strongly. All of us are aware that sometimes Life Happens. When it does, we pick up our socks and deal with it. First come, first served on the models and go on from there. This isn't about us, it's about Russell.
North4003
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - West Midlands, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 960 posts
AeroScale: 391 posts
Posted: Sunday, February 09, 2014 - 03:28 PM UTC
Fred,
You're doing a great job in organizing this memorial campaign in memory of Russell.
amegan
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - North East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 996 posts
AeroScale: 915 posts
Posted: Sunday, February 09, 2014 - 07:16 PM UTC
I agree, family and friends first, we come a long way behind, anything I get, I'll build for Russell, otherwise I have a Lightning standing by
BlackWidow
_VISITCOMMUNITY
European Union
KitMaker: 1,732 posts
AeroScale: 1,336 posts
Posted: Monday, February 10, 2014 - 09:17 AM UTC
I'll build a B-25 J from Revell (ex Hasegawa) from the PTO. Should not be too difficult for my clumsy quarterscale accustomed fingers. Hope I can manage 2 campaigns in the same time.
Fred, thanks for the PM. I answer in a few days, still have to get along with this tragedy ....
AirLedge
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Cork, Ireland
KitMaker: 292 posts
AeroScale: 265 posts
Posted: Monday, February 10, 2014 - 09:50 AM UTC
Don't worry about it Fred. It's a lovely idea to pass on Russell's stash to people who can do it justice. I was thinking of doing a Horten anyway and when I see that Russell had 2 in his stash, so now it's decided
JPTRR
RAILROAD MODELING
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Tennessee, United States
Posted: Monday, February 10, 2014 - 10:02 AM UTC
Hi Group,

Thank you all for your support. It has been great for Russell's family & friends.

One of you asked for the H-21 and I don't recall who.

Someone asked for the Tamiya P-51D and I replied that it has been started, then I looked again and it is unstarted and complete; I PM'ed this (I think I PM'ed the right person) and if you still want, it let me know. Then there's these:
http://aeroscale.kitmaker.net/review/9022

Here are some other models that I don't think showed up well earlier;

Russell started a few; I am keeping a couple to finish. A couple more have been asked for. Here are a few that he just started if anyone would like to complete them. I looked through the kit and all parts seem to be present, and shown are the assembled parts.

Oh yeah, he has a Grippen, I think still factory wrapped, with a sheet of aftermarket decals.
md72
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Washington, United States
KitMaker: 4,950 posts
AeroScale: 3,192 posts
Posted: Monday, February 10, 2014 - 10:23 AM UTC
ah Fred, I was interested in the H-21, but you were more interested in that one, I thought the Labrador might be another H-21, obviously not. If the Tamiya P-51 isn't very started, I'm interested. Failing that, I'm interested in the Hasegawa duo.
Removed by original poster on 02/10/14 - 22:33:44 (GMT).
JPTRR
RAILROAD MODELING
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Tennessee, United States
Posted: Monday, February 10, 2014 - 10:36 AM UTC

Quoted Text

ah Fred, that was me..

Hi Mark,

I sent you a PM and THEN I found your email.

Let me know?
md72
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Washington, United States
KitMaker: 4,950 posts
AeroScale: 3,192 posts
Posted: Monday, February 10, 2014 - 10:43 AM UTC

Quoted Text

I sent you a PM and THEN I found your email

Ah Modern communications, I saw your post, THEN I saw your PM
sent you a PM too.

Thanks for what you're doing, I have a buddy that goes thru similar pain dealing with estate re-locations for S-gauge RR stuff..
Merlin
Staff MemberSenior Editor
AEROSCALE
_VISITCOMMUNITY
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 17,582 posts
AeroScale: 12,795 posts
Posted: Monday, February 10, 2014 - 10:47 AM UTC
Hi all

Fred's sorting me out a "mystery project" from amongst Russell's Stash. Something a bit "weird and wonderful" that Russell would have enjoyed is all I've asked.

Cue: shameless plug in a good cause... Russell was a big supporter of the Bays Mountain Park and Planetarium, so I'll send a donation in his name. I hope he'd have liked to see one of his kits help a project he was committed too.

All the best

Rowan
JPTRR
RAILROAD MODELING
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Tennessee, United States
Posted: Monday, February 10, 2014 - 01:03 PM UTC

Quoted Text

I hope he'd have liked to see one of his kits help a project he was committed too.

Rowan, thank you so much. I assure you that Russell would be profoundly touched by this support of that very special passion of his.
JPTRR
RAILROAD MODELING
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Tennessee, United States
Posted: Monday, February 10, 2014 - 01:06 PM UTC
Group,

It profoundly touches me how this memorial is bringing out such nobility of our site. A member wrote to me:
Quoted Text

'A small postage aid allowance has been made available to help those who find themselves in a tight situation. Please only ask for this assistance if you cannot afford the postage, but would like to build a model for Russell. The allowance is very limited, and is available for youth or those whose situation is insecure.'

Simply wonderful!
thegirl
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Alberta, Canada
KitMaker: 6,743 posts
AeroScale: 6,151 posts
Posted: Monday, February 10, 2014 - 01:06 PM UTC
I'm very interested in the P-51 D limited edition kit . I would love to build both for the GB ...

Terri
Merlin
Staff MemberSenior Editor
AEROSCALE
_VISITCOMMUNITY
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 17,582 posts
AeroScale: 12,795 posts
Posted: Thursday, February 13, 2014 - 11:01 AM UTC
Hi everyone

I'll say something that Fred is too polite to ask for:

Please be sure to cover the postage costs as promptly as you possibly can, because Fred is covering a lot of (sometimes pretty hefty) shipping charges all at once primarily out of his own pocket, and is incurring costs that any of us could ill afford to make this commemoration to Russell possible. We've got some back-up arranged - but Fred is paying up-front.

All the best

Rowan