_GOTOBOTTOM
Air Campaigns
Want to start or join a group build? This is where to start.
"Duel in the Sky" pre-Campaign thread...
warlock0322
_VISITCOMMUNITY
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 1,036 posts
AeroScale: 286 posts
Posted: Saturday, April 08, 2006 - 04:20 AM UTC
I am sure you will give that f-16 the love and care it deserves.

Seems though we have 2 duels in one.. Tamiya vs Hasegawa as well. This could not have been scripted any better...

Besides building the OA-4M will leave an opening for anyone else who may want to build an adversary from days gone by..

My God my poor little Scooter is going to be hopping if that happens...

Can't wait fo rthis one to get off the ground.. So to speak..

Paul
bf443
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Idaho, United States
KitMaker: 895 posts
AeroScale: 457 posts
Posted: Thursday, April 13, 2006 - 09:03 PM UTC
Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

here's something i remembered today,which might not make me too popular. its this, i read about a "dogfight" between a coastal command halifax and a focke wulf condor which is the only recorded 4 engine one on one battle of WW2. its a shame my revell halifax is provisionally down for the bombs away.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi Phil,

Hey I just remembered something and hit the books. During WWII both Japanese Mavis and Emily flying boats were shot down on several occasions by PBY-4 (US Navy B-24) and Army Air Corps B-24 Liberators There is even US photos of some of these "Dogfights". Here is an online article from the US Air Force.
http://www.afa.org/magazine/valor/0695valor.asp

Sincerely,
Brian
TedMamere
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Moselle, France
KitMaker: 5,653 posts
AeroScale: 4,347 posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 02, 2006 - 12:53 PM UTC
Hi all!

Just a quick note to inform you that there is an Official "Duel in the Sky" Thread in the Campaign Forum ( see here ).
If you have something to ask before the start (in 30 days) you can do it there. You may also check if the duels I listed are right or if I have to make some adjustments...

Thanks for reading!

Jean-Luc
 _GOTOTOP