_GOTOBOTTOM
Air Campaigns
Want to start or join a group build? This is where to start.
Campaign Suggestions For 2007
TreadHead
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 5,000 posts
AeroScale: 370 posts
Posted: Tuesday, September 26, 2006 - 12:41 AM UTC
Howdy Phantom2

From all the Cat lover's out there....."SWEEEEEEEETT!!!

You do justice my friend, with a VERY nice rendition of a SAR-based Catalina flying boat.....very nice indeed.
Many thx for posting pictures of your superb example of what can be accomplished, I'm sure it will do wonders for the potential of an 'Other Hero' themed Campaign
What, with the new film coming out entitled " The Guardian" with Kevin Costner regartding the exploits of the ever brave U.S. Coast Guard, maybe this idea will get some fallout from that as well. Because, to be perfectly honest, I'm pretty sure I can't wait till some time next year to build a firefighter-based subject matter. But I could be pursuaded to hesitate a wee bit for a Coast Guard, or SAR based Campaign.

I still really like the idea of a Police/Law Enforcement based build

But then I'd better clam up, I'm starting to bogart this thread.

Again, thx for the pics Phantom2.

Tread.

PostScript: Hey, I forgot to mention. I just reread your post Phantom2, and remembered just how big that Cat is in 1/48th scale!..........kewl ;-)
TreadHead
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Colorado, United States
Posted: Tuesday, September 26, 2006 - 12:50 AM UTC

And to Mahross:

Thx for your line graphics of the SAR-based Lancaster Your pics really help out with the proper positioning of the markings. That, combined with my posted photograph on the previous page...

should be enough to figure out how to put some SAR-based clothes on the ol' bird.

Tread.
Lucky13
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Scotland, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 1,707 posts
AeroScale: 1,119 posts
Posted: Tuesday, September 26, 2006 - 01:11 AM UTC
Too right O' Enlighted One.....the "cat" in 1/48 is HUGE!!!
TreadHead
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Colorado, United States
Posted: Tuesday, September 26, 2006 - 05:58 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Too right O' Enlighted One.....the "cat" in 1/48 is HUGE!!!

So, when it's not adorning the top of your picnic table, where do you display the wee bugger!?!

Don't tell me you suspend it from the ceiling, for crikky sake, if the thing let loose and fell, the sheer mass of it would kill your bloody cat! ;-)

Tread.
Lucky13
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Scotland, United Kingdom
Posted: Tuesday, September 26, 2006 - 08:58 PM UTC
So far we have these CAMPAIGN suggestions......

Malta
Trainers
X-planes & Prototypes
Under different colours
Sino-Japanese
Tank destroyers
R.A.F
Nato Tiger Meet
Battle of Coral Sea
Battle of Midway
Black Cats & Dumbos
Battle of Guadacanal
Anti shipping
Spitfire international
Postwar Fleet Air Arm
Cold war '45-'89
F-14 Tomcat
Cats (Wildcat, Hellcat, Bearcat, Tigercat.....)
Helicopter
SEAC
Mine Bay
Battle of Bismarck Sea
Bombing of Darwin
Doolittle Raid
Pearl Harbor
Pathfinders
Operation "Judgement"
Operation "Carthage"
Operation "Jericho"
Defense of the Empire
Defense of the Reich
Blitzkrieg
Your OWN bird
Korea
Vietnam
Biscay Bay
SEAR/Firefighters

Terribly sorry if I've missed anyone.....continue like this we'll have campaigns for 2008 as well.....lol!

Gordon.....I'm just getting back into this, haven't built them yet actually.....still getting to buy all the tools and stuff again.....pain in the 6 a clock!!
swingbowler
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Singapore / 新加坡
KitMaker: 162 posts
AeroScale: 12 posts
Posted: Tuesday, September 26, 2006 - 10:42 PM UTC
Looks like a lot of choices out there. these are campaign ideas based on types or historical occurrences. let me muddy the waters some more... I had a lot of fun this year with the 'Show Your Teeth' campaign run by Jean-Luc, and the campaign was based on nose art! How about another nose art campaign next year, like 'Show your T**ts' or politely: 'Buxom Babes'?

Campaign ribbon can be a playboy bunny
Lucky13
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Scotland, United Kingdom
Posted: Tuesday, September 26, 2006 - 11:09 PM UTC
I'm up for that......birds on birds campaign.....lol
bf443
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Idaho, United States
KitMaker: 895 posts
AeroScale: 457 posts
Posted: Wednesday, September 27, 2006 - 03:39 AM UTC
Hello everyone,

How about 'The Willowaw War'

In June of 1942 the Japanese invaded the Aleutian Islands of Alaska as a opening diversion for the battle of Midway. Dutch Harbor was attacked and the islands of Attu and Kiska were occupied and airfields/seaplane bases were built.
The US then occupied other islands including Adak and built airfields. The Campaign was mostly fought with aircraft. Combat losses occurred on both sides and the weather accounted for more lost in action crew/aircraft than the enemy.
Once the Japanese left the Aleutians the Americans continued to bomb the Northern Japanese Mainland until the end of the war.
Aircraft were numerous and came in a variety of markings (many of the early aircraft were destined for N. Africa and arrived in desert schemes!) The Canadians also contributed aircraft and crews. Many lend lease aircraft to Russia also went through the islands.

Some of the aircraft that served in this area included:

P-38, P-39, P-40, B-17, B-24, B-25, B-26, Piper cub, C-47, OS2U, PBY, PBM, Ventura, J2 Duck, Rufe, Mavis, Emily, KI-44, KI-100, Zero, Val, Kate, Betty and the USS Nassau (CVE-16) was on hand for the invasion of Attu bringing F4F's and TBM's.

As far as rules any scale/manufacturer and dates from June 1st through December 31st 2007. FYI Willowaw is Eskimo term that means 'Violent Squall' which fits the Aleutian Campaign in my mind. What do you think everyone?

Sincerely,
Brian
klimmer
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 250 posts
AeroScale: 207 posts
Posted: Friday, September 29, 2006 - 05:00 AM UTC
These are all great idea's...................so many that I would love to be apart of.....................but there is only so much time that can be alotted to this great hobby of ours.
I love the idea of a Pearl Harbor campain, also the choppers, and F-14 suggestions.............also the F-16, tank killers............................I would probably join them all. How many I would be able to finsh would be another question entirely.

Ted
 _GOTOTOP