_GOTOBOTTOM
Air Campaigns
Want to start or join a group build? This is where to start.
French aircraft of World War 2 proposal
pigsty
_VISITCOMMUNITY
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 1,226 posts
AeroScale: 640 posts
Posted: Monday, February 16, 2009 - 04:15 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Hi all,

This is only my opinion, but I would say no to the Eurofighter Typhoon. The French weren't involved in the design of the aircraft. They wanted a multirole combat jet and designed the Rafale instead.
I think there are enough 100% french designs to choose from and please, don't think about building a French aircraft in British markings for this Campaign!!!

Allez la France!

Fair enough, it would be trés cheeky to dress a French bird up in British colours
Oh well, back to the drawing board ...

What a knotty question this raises ... EADS is part-French yet l'Armee de l'Air has no interest in the Typhoon. Readers with long memories might care to substitute the terms Sepecat, Aeronavale and Jaguar M at appropriate points in that sentence. 100% French manufacture is very different from 100% French use but the 100% manufacture barrier has already been breached by the inclusion of the Jaguar and any Westland/Aerospatiale helicopter, which seems fair enough to me. I'd much prefer this to be a campaign about French-made and French-operated aircraft, if only to exclude the inevitable rash of Luftwaffe markings on Dewoitines , and on that basis I'd allow the Jaguar in and keep the Typhoon out. BUt I'm happy to sign up in the hope that I can get to my Mirage 2000 in time.

Could I suggest that the thread title be changed to reflect the way the campaign has mutated since it began? Otherwise we'll all be wrestling with Fonderie kits, and no-one wants that ...
magnusf
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Stockholm, Sweden
KitMaker: 1,953 posts
AeroScale: 1,902 posts
Posted: Friday, February 20, 2009 - 06:56 PM UTC
I just pressed the button so I'm in!

The theme is just my cup of tea, or it might be more appropriate to say my piece of cheese?

I have several options, right now I am leaning towards a Mirage F1. If I could get hold of the old Heller F1B I know exactly what to do, if not I have a few Hasegawa F1Cs. One of the box options is a very nice and fairly moderate Tiger Meet scheme that really would make my day, otherwise my IIIC from Djibouti needs company so a Vexin-machine in sand camo is possible as well!

Or if going for two aircraft, I'm thinking about doing a IIIC and an F1C from the same squadron, both in air superiority blue. I just need to find out which squadrons went from IIIC to F1C without going via the IIIE, I know there were a few!

This is the plan right now, lets see if I stick to it until May!

Magnus
Kitboy
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Gelderland, Netherlands
KitMaker: 258 posts
AeroScale: 256 posts
Posted: Sunday, February 22, 2009 - 09:03 AM UTC
Hello,

I just had a good look at my Hi-Tech's Brequest BR XIV. Apearantly it's an A2 version and i't only has markings for an American version (bugger). Does anyone know if there are any aftermarkingsets to do a french one? (It's 48 scale).

Cheers, Nico
Mobious
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Indiana, United States
KitMaker: 210 posts
AeroScale: 80 posts
Posted: Sunday, March 22, 2009 - 08:55 AM UTC
Hey All, I signed up for the campaign, Thinking of doing a WWI Spad VII. Looking forward to the start date.
vanize
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 1,954 posts
AeroScale: 1,163 posts
Posted: Friday, May 08, 2009 - 04:18 AM UTC
And we are off! Today is the start day for this campaign!!!!

It will be June before I can start work on mine, but everyone else who can should get started.

GOGOGOGOGOGO!
MichaelSatin
Staff MemberCampaigns Administrator
AEROSCALE
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 3,909 posts
AeroScale: 2,904 posts
Posted: Saturday, August 29, 2009 - 04:58 AM UTC
Hello all! I'm thinking about possibly jumping into this one with either a 1/32 Nieuport or 1/32 Dewoitine. Can you all let us know what you're working on? I know duplication is OK, but I'd kinda like to know.

Sounds like a cool campaign! Thanks!

Michael
GaryKato
_VISITCOMMUNITY
California, United States
KitMaker: 3,694 posts
AeroScale: 163 posts
Posted: Saturday, August 29, 2009 - 12:52 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Hello all! I'm thinking about possibly jumping into this one with either a 1/32 Nieuport or 1/32 Dewoitine. Can you all let us know what you're working on? I know duplication is OK, but I'd kinda like to know.

Sounds like a cool campaign! Thanks!

Michael

The campaign is on but under the name "La Marseillaise ". See the thread with that name.
 _GOTOTOP